Man Utd - stock price

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
OMFG cant you address Man Utd as there proper name?

Please bite

jrsenior

Is there a google translate for translating stock market lingo to plain english?

Talking Vulture

He's shit, move on.
Can't you type 'oh my fecking God' instead of typing OMFG?

For what it's worth, Man Utd has been around for decades and some Mancs still use that term. I don't personally but I don't see the point in jumping on someone that does.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

For what it's worth, Man Utd has been around for decades and some Mancs still use that term. I don't personally but I don't see the point in jumping on someone that does.
Not to mention that "Man Utd" is the acronym under which the shares are traded, so it makes perfect sense to use it in this context regardless.

Can't make head nor tale of those blogs. Need a dumbed down version.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

He was mocking people that were moaning about it being listed as Man Utd.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
The second one is more friendly than the first, but neither share much light on anything.

Sir A1ex

Interesting stuff, I only understood about half of it, but the long and short certainyl seems to be that we're nowhere near getting a view on the true market value of the stock yet.

Anybody able to hazzard a guess at how long it takes before the short term tactical maneuvering from the underwriters and whoerver else subsides and we get a truer pitcture?

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Not much interesting to be said about the price really.

Opened at the IPO price, proceeded to stay there for a couple of days because the underwriters kept on supporting it. They then decided to stop supporting it and the price tumbled lower (as people had expected).

Excal

Interesting stuff, I only understood about half of it, but the long and short certainyl seems to be that we're nowhere near getting a view on the true market value of the stock yet.

Anybody able to hazzard a guess at how long it takes before the short term tactical maneuvering from the underwriters and whoerver else subsides and we get a truer pitcture?
Honestly, I'm not sure any of this stock price can be said to give a real valuation of the club. Even leaving aside whatever's going on with the underwriters, the fact that this entire float consists of 1% voting rights means investors are wholly at the mercy of the Glazers, who are doubtlessly solely interested in their own profits, rather than those of their shareholders. I wouldn't buy a share for pennies, under those terms.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry

Varies by each deal really. Facebook was supported by its underwriters at its IPO price on its first day of trading - they then pulled their support on the 2nd day and the stock fell. (and has been in free fall ever since).

Similar thing happening here. Won't be long until any support at all vanishes and the share price starts tumbling from its lofty heights of $13.11

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
On a serious note, the stock went from $14 on thursday as low as $13.21, ended up closing around $13.40 by end of trading friday. So far this morning it's dropped again to $13.09.

VoetbalWizard

Varies by each deal really. Facebook was supported by its underwriters at its IPO price on its first day of trading - they then pulled their support on the 2nd day and the stock fell. (and has been in free fall ever since).

Similar thing happening here. Won't be long until any support at all vanishes and the share price starts tumbling from its lofty heights of $13.11
Unlike facebook though, there won't be hundreds of millions of shares coming onto the market after the lockup period (from what I can gather).

Bearish options made a killing last week in FB and they are sniffing lots of blood come november.

While I forsee our shares falling a bit more, there won't be pressure downwards from a massive over-supply coming onto the market with fresh share issue.

Shrek

FergiesRedNose
Would it be fair to say the poor showing of the stock so far is down to the type of share offering rather than the club it's self ?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
On a side note, a girl I know works has a fairly senior job with Facebook. She's not on the board or anything. She's a director of <blank> for region Europe. She personally made 15 million quid from the IPO! Puts into perspective all the whining about Fergie earning some money from United doing the same.

Suedesi

Not much interesting to be said about the price really.

Opened at the IPO price, proceeded to stay there for a couple of days because the underwriters kept on supporting it. They then decided to stop supporting it and the price tumbled lower (as people had expected).
I'd say about a month, just when the lockups start to expire (i.e. institutional investors that bought equity before the initial public offering will have freedom to sell their Man Utd stakes) and when options start trading (i.e. giving you flexibility to express your short views effectively, e.g. buying puts, selling calls etc).

Suedesi

On a side note, a girl I know works has a fairly senior job with Facebook. She's not on the board or anything. She's a director of <blank> for region Europe. She personally made 15 million quid from the IPO! Puts into perspective all the whining about Fergie earning some money from United doing the same.
Just 15? She must be fairly junior then ;)

VoetbalWizard

Would it be fair to say the poor showing of the stock so far is down to the type of share offering rather than the club it's self ?
I do think there would be slightly more interest from activist shareholder groups if the shares were the same as the ones the gingers hold but not enough IMO to push it to what they orginally wanted (20 dollars a share).

IMO while I am no where nearly as bearish as that privco report that was using dortmund as a comp, I also think using michael kors, disney, amazon etc are ridiculous comps as well.

I think the items that are dragging the share price are the volatile and uncertain nature of football in general, the high multiple, the macro picture in general, and the fact that half the IPO proceeds were used for deleveraging.

Commadus

FB there are 1.9bn shares locked up some big tranches set to expire and be available to sell in October and I think for employees the big tranche is 1.3bn in November.

Fb shares are going to tumble yet.

I expect Man Utd shares to tumble also - they are very poor investments.

The most important take home point of the United shares is there volume - when it was being supported by the underwriters the high volume trading firms were making arbitrage profits. Volume has gone from 6m to under 250k if i recall correctly.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
&quot;like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Just 15? She must be fairly junior then ;)
Well she's not pally with Mark Zuckerberg, put it that way. Have to admit I was astonished she made that she made that kind of wedge. If I made that much money overnight I'd actually find it demotivating. Once you're financially set for life, why bother going the extra yard at work? In fact, I'd seriously consider quitting.

That's the sort of money which makes clocking in from 9 to 5 seem like a dreadful waste of your life. Seems odd to simultaneously present all your best/most senior employees with that kind of incentive.

VoetbalWizard

FB there are 1.9bn shares locked up some big tranches set to expire and be available to sell in October and I think for employees the big tranche is 1.3bn in November.

Fb shares are going to tumble yet.

I expect Man Utd shares to tumble also - they are very poor investments.

The most important take home point of the United shares is there volume - when it was being supported by the underwriters the high volume trading firms were making arbitrage profits. Volume has gone from 6m to under 250k if i recall correctly.
check out ajax's trading volume sometime :D

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
I remember TomClare debunking this myth surronding the "Man Utd" term. Seems to cause butthurt whenever it's uttered.

VoetbalWizard

Well she's not pally with Mark Zuckerberg, put it that way. Have to admit I was astonished she made that she made that kind of wedge. If I made that much money overnight I'd actually find it demotivating. Once you're financially set for life, why bother going the extra yard at work? In fact, I'd seriously consider quitting.

That's the sort of money which makes clocking in from 9 to 5 seem like a dreadful waste of your life. Seems odd to simultaneously present all your best/most senior employees with that kind of incentive.
Not sure how early she joined FB but that's the incentive required for top quality people to join a 'startup' over joining an established firm like MS, google, Intel, etc.

She now has "feck you" money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FYIFV

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
&quot;like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Not sure how early she joined FB but that's the incentive required for top quality people to join a 'startup' over joining an established firm like MS, google, Intel, etc.

She now has "feck you" money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FYIFV
Yeah, she's been with them ages.

Still, seems a bit crazy all the same. What's your incentive to get out of bed in the morning?

VoetbalWizard

Yeah, she's been with them ages.

Still, seems a bit crazy all the same. What's your incentive to get out of bed in the morning?
If you are in that early, it's your 'baby'. You really feel like you have an ownership stake in its success and you aren't going in for the money but to 'create' and win in the market-place.

Many will leave, but to try to fund their own start-ups or become VC's, not to blow their 100 million on brasses and snow.

eric le roi

No dividends, no voting rights. The crappest of the crap when it comes to equity. No wonder they're bombing.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
So finally we are seeing plain and clear that the financial world does not see United as being valued at many of the ridiculous figures that have been banded about by the likes of GCHQ etc.

The Neviller

I nearly did.

So you mean you did?
Did what Liam? I got his point on the Man Utd, saw his white text and knew he was taking the piss, but he still doesn't know which variation of the word "their, there, they're" to use though, and tonight I'm a member of the grammar police. Ok?

Or do you think he used the wrong word deliberately?