Manager draft

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I wanted to pick him initially, but then left him for you as I was sure that you would've provided us with a lot of great stories about him and his players. Well, feck :lol:
Lattek clearly was the jackpot, silly of you not to pick him. I don't think there's another manager available with so many alltime greats most likely only available to him unless we see some very strange manager picks later. Maybe someone goes for him as well to challenge for some of the players, if not it's probably a free ride to the final for Skizzo.

MJJ

Lattek clearly was the jackpot, silly of you not to pick him. I don't think there's another manager available with so many alltime greats most likely only available to him unless we see some very strange manager picks later. Maybe someone goes for him as well to challenge for some of the players, if not it's probably a free ride to the final for Skizzo.
Just read his wiki player, the amount of players available to skizzo is beyond amazing.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
It's not all about winning, isn't it? Lattek probably has the greatest pool, even more so if you are going to argue about someone's level at the time, but I was German-orientated in the last draft and decided to try something new. Especially with you here, I genuinely hoped that you would've picked him, always enjoyed your stories.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
It's not all about winning, isn't it? Lattek probably has the greatest pool, even more so if you are going to argue about someone's level at the time, but I was German-orientated in the last draft and decided to try something new. Especially with you here, I genuinely hoped that you would've picked him, always enjoyed your stories.
I have a completely different manager in my mind, one that won't get me through the first round, but one I'll enjoy researching a lot more. I might add a few stories about Lattek in Skizzo's game, but I'm sure he can provide them himself as well.

Last edited:

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I deleted the first part of my post, I realised we were talking about different things and I don't want to give a hint about a player, maybe you could delete the quote as well?

harms

Staff
I deleted the first part of my post, I realised we were talking about different things and I don't want to give a hint about a player, maybe you could delete the quote as well?
Done.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Any sort of "him" and other such nose tapping "knah warra I mean guvnah" should be met with instant castration and a possible ban from the draft.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Sorry...didnt see this had been updated!

Ill take this handsome man.

Udo Lattek
Hard to beat - excellent pick. Probably a bit under-the-radar for some - and yet, such an insane pool of players to choose from.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
  1. Harms - Trapattoni
  2. Stobzilla - Cappello
  3. Jayvin - Ancelotti
  4. Paolo - LVG
  5. Skizzo - Udo Lattek
  6. 5. MJJ - Lippi
  7. 16. Joga Bonito - Udo Lattek
  8. 4. Balu
  9. 10. Raees
  10. 15. Cutch
  11. 14. Gio
  12. 11. EAP
  13. 6. TRV
  14. 12. DanNistelrooy
  15. 3. Annah
  16. 8. Crappy
Sorry left my pick with Annahmoss earlier.

@Balu

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
  1. Harms - Trapattoni
  2. Stobzilla - Cappello
  3. Jayvin - Ancelotti
  4. Paolo - LVG
  5. Skizzo - Udo Lattek
  6. 5. MJJ - Lippi
  8. 4. Balu
  9. 10. Raees
  10. 15. Cutch
  11. 14. Gio
  12. 11. EAP
  13. 6. TRV
  14. 12. DanNistelrooy
  15. 3. Annah
  16. 8. Crappy
Sorry left my pick with Annahmoss earlier.

@Balu
You realise that he's already picked, right? I know, you can pick managers twice, just want to make sure, you didn't miss Skizzo's pick. I guess that's why Annah waited for you to come online.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
You realise that he's already picked, right? I know, you can pick managers twice, just want to make sure, you didn't miss Skizzo's pick. I guess that's why Annah waited for you to come online.
I know. I have other managers in mind but they have a rather limited pool of players and if someone else decides to pick them, we will both be scraping for the same manager's players. Lattek's pool is significant and there is plenty to go around for 2 or even more.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I know. I have other managers in mind but they have a rather limited pool of players and if someone else decides to pick them, we will both be scraping for the same manager's players. Lattek's pool is significant and there is plenty to go around for 2 or even more.
Yeah, agree. Good choice :).

I go with Béla Guttmann. I have no idea, what team that will lead to, but I think it should be fun to dig a bit into the 40's and 50's and watch more footage from a few great sides of the past, if I can find some.

1. Harms - Trapattoni
  2. Stobzilla - Cappello
  3. Jayvin - Ancelotti
  4. Paolo - LVG
  5. Skizzo - Udo Lattek
  6. 5. MJJ - Lippi
  8. 4. Balu - Béla Guttmann
  9. 10. Raees
  10. 15. Cutch
  11. 14. Gio
  12. 11. EAP
  13. 6. TRV
  14. 12. DanNistelrooy
  15. 3. Annah
  16. 8. Crappy
Your turn @Raees

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Or, in other words, you will hate each others' guts throughout the drafting but as soon as one goes out the other will have a massive pool to improve from. Good gamble, and you pick first too!

Skizzo right now:

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Yeah, agree. Good choice :).

I go with Béla Guttmann. I have no idea, what team that will lead to, but I think it should be fun to dig a bit into the 40's and 50's and watch more footage from a few great sides of the past, if I can find some.
You will struggle to find footage, but I hear he managed a pretty damn good all-conquering Peñarol side. You know, the one that regularly battled against Santos and Real at continental and international level :drool:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Give me some time guys.. need to do a little research.

harms

Staff
I gave up on Gutmann as I struggled to fit all of his outstanding attackers on the pitch and didn't want to bench any of them. He certainly is one of the most interesting challenges in this draft

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I gave up on Gutmann as I struggled to fit all of his outstanding attackers on the pitch and didn't want to bench any of them. He certainly is one of the most interesting challenges in this draft
Gung-ho is clearly the way to go, because the number of defenders is very limited. I'm not sure if there's a single one who won't be considered a significant weakness in this all time draft :lol:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Gung-ho is clearly the way to go, because the number of defenders is very limited. I'm not sure if there's a single one who won't be considered a significant weakness in this all time draft :lol:
Oh, I don't know about that. Hard-sells, perhaps, but that's the fun of it. Brilliant choice, I think - Guttmann should suit you. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with here.

I didn't realize two or more drafters could pick the same manager - that certainly makes it even more interesting.

Skizzo

Message me...we can plan our picks accordingly ;)

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
01. Harms - Trapattoni
02. Stobzilla - Cappello
03. Jayvin - Ancelotti
04. Paolo - LVG
05. Skizzo - Udo Lattek
06. MJJ - Lippi
07. Joga Bonito - Udo Lattek
08. Balu - Béla Guttmann
09. Raees - Del Bosque
10. Cutch - Alex Ferguson