g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Manager draft

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
:nono: Scholes and Captain Marvel over Souness. Souness was a great player and maybe on par/slightly better than Robson but you gotta go for Robbo due to their respective club allegiances on a vote-based game like this.
Nah feck that. Souness and Keano, possibly with Kevin Moran as centre back, for the hardest, most brutal draft team ever.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
According to this format the person who gets the 16th pick has the biggest advantage in the first round.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Yeah it doesn't seem fair to Skizzo that I get the first pick. I am actually willing to concede my first pick and let him pick ahead of me if possible. What's the advantage of him picking his manager first, if I can choose the same manager later and have first dibs on his player? Doesn't seem fair to me. @Annahnomoss
The advantage may well be that he picks 2nd and 3rd before you get the 4th. You never know, depends on the talent pool. It's a risk he should have faactored in anyway.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I was wondering who was going to bite the bullet and pick the great man. You'll be like the Death Star from Star Wars in the first round, closing in on the nucleus of a great team with noone able to do a thing about it.
The beauty is he can literally have Scholes, Giggs and probably Keane as his last picks :lol:

Skizzo

The advantage may well be that he picks 2nd and 3rd before you get the 4th. You never know, depends on the talent pool. It's a risk he should have faactored in anyway.
Nothing in these drafts can ever really be planned too far ahead. While I appreciate joga's offer, it wouldnt really be fair, or in the nature of the draft to let me pick ahead.

This draft in particular though, like said earlier, favours the guy picking last in the first round at least...but then it evens out again over time.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Yeah good point there, it only occurred to me when I started planning my picks later on.

VivaJanuzaj

So basically if Cutch stays the only one with SAF, all he needs is to get Ronaldo as first pick than the rest of his picks are uncontested aren't they? He can smoothly pick all of Giggs, Scholes, Keane, Rio, Vidic, Irwin without anyone to contest tem

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Is it my turn? Just about to set off for work but will try to check back through day

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
01. Harms - Trapattoni
02. Stobzilla - Cappello
03. Jayvin - Ancelotti
04. Paolo - LVG
05. Skizzo - Udo Lattek
06. MJJ - Lippi
07. Joga Bonito - Udo Lattek
08. Balu - Béla Guttmann
09. Raees - Del Bosque
10. Cutch - Alex Ferguson
11. Gio - Trapattoni
12. EAP - Capello
13. TRV -
14. DanNistelrooy -
15. Annah -
16. Crappy -

@The Red Viper

It's TRV's turn now and then yours DanNistelrooy. Leave your pick with Annahnomoss or someone who will be online.

sajeev

there is someone who could be even more legendary on this board. have mentioned it to MJJ. If that the happens this draft will be off the charts as the best ever.

Oh and I am surprised that the manager I would have picked if I was playing conventionally hasn't been picked yet.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I'm a bit of a draft virgin so would appreciate a team member!
It's not that difficult. Just go with the flow and enjoy the game and if you keep Capello, you have wonderful options to build an outstanding team. Not sure if @Annahnomoss allows you to change the manager pick, in case you want to, but Capello is certainly one of the easier picks in the draft.

Annahnomoss

It's not that difficult. Just go with the flow and enjoy the game and if you keep Capello, you have wonderful options to build an outstanding team. Not sure if @Annahnomoss allows you to change the manager pick, in case you want to, but Capello is certainly one of the easier picks in the draft.
Very true. It is best to let it stick considering we've drafted around it now.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Yes, the order isn't that important here. Manager A could have a standout marquee player in which case going first is an advantage, or he could have three in which case going second is the advantage. Meanwhile, a handful of managers will bob along without any pressure on their players.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I have no desire to change, but thanks :) How often are the rounds?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
The two managers who were my 2nd and 3rd choice haven't popped up yet.

The Red Viper

Supports
Liverpool
Just came online guys. I have hardly done any research. So, give me some time. This will be a nightmare.

The Red Viper

Supports
Liverpool
I have one doubt. Lets say a manager has managed for a couple of months as a caretaker manager. Is he eligible? If he is, how will be the form of the player under him be viewed as?

Annahnomoss

I have one doubt. Lets say a manager has managed for a couple of months as a caretaker manager. Is he eligible? If he is, how will be the form of the player under him be viewed as?
He is eligible indeed, the form will be viewed by what they performed but you have to remember that say you take LVG and want to use a United player - then Di Maria has been excellent even if the team in general has been bad.

Then there is the factor that you may play a different tactic than that manager and hence wouldn't suffer from playing player X out of position etc etc. A lot of factors, and you have to choose what you think is correct. If the case is that all the players were shit and never performed then that will be a hard sell and I wouldn't count on those players then.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I also have a question, what if a player is injured under a manager? @Annahnomoss
If he wasn't available at all under the manager, he shouldn't be eligible in my opinion. For example, no Carrick for van Gaal.

MJJ

If he wasn't available at all under the manager, he shouldn't be eligible in my opinion. For example, no Carrick for van Gaal.
Then there is no doubt his level was actually low and there were no tactical reasons and what not to excuse it.
Was thinking more like hargreaves for us, when he played he played at a high level but due to his injuries wasnt really a part of the team.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
I've got a question. If a player plays well in international tournaments, does that count towards how well he should be judged in the draft? Or is it purely based on club performances for our chosen manager?

Annahnomoss

Was thinking more like hargreaves for us, when he played he played at a high level but due to his injuries wasnt really a part of the team.
Ahh, he'd be counted as being on a high level. He'd be judged for how he played, rather than his injuries as we don't simulate injuries here. It'd be different if he never played due to injuries, or he was constantly out of form and never reached his peak levels under the manager.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
He clearly was a part of the team in '07/'08. Wouldn't see a problem with him.

Annahnomoss

I've got a question. If a player plays well in international tournaments, does that count towards how well he should be judged in the draft? Or is it purely based on club performances for our chosen manager?
If a manager managed player X for a year and during that year player X played well at the international level for another manager then it certainly counts for that players level. Of course if the international manager played him as a striker, but the manager you picked played him as a winger - and you play him as a winger, then it is of less relevance.

MJJ

He clearly was a part of the team in '07/'08. Wouldn't see a problem with him.
Ahh, he'd be counted as being on a high level. He'd be judged for how he played, rather than his injuries as we don't simulate injuries here. It'd be different if he never played due to injuries, or he was constantly out of form and never reached his peak levels under the manager.
Got it.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
God, I hope people won't overcomplicate the whole performance level thing, that could turn the whole draft into an annoying nightmare. It is of some relevance, but most great players performed consistently well during their peaks no matter who the manager was.

For example, I wouldn't pick van der Sar as the goalkeeper if I picked Ancelotti as the manager, because his spell at Juve sucked, no two ways about it. Such obvious examples should count, but I really hope we won't go into extreme nitpicking.