Manager draft

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

you couldnt help yourself, so you picked eventually the most exotic one in the whole draft?
I´d like to assit you, but you have to take a heavy lead.
Bela Guttmann said:
I have been sacked even though I am neither a criminal nor a homosexual. Goodbye.
:lol:

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
My favourite Bela Guttman quote:

"Not in one hundred years from now will
Benfica win the European Cup."

Curse still working.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd

The question is, of course, what the feck is he wearing on his head?

Note the star of David on the shirt too - Hakoah was known as a Jewish team and was, sadly and predictably, shut down when Hitler decided to include his "Heimat" in the third Reich.

Guttmann never managed arguably the greatest...no, wait. I'll shut up about that.

Annahnomoss

None for the first round of picking managers, as long as the manager shows he's actually researching as it is too time consuming to put a deadline on. After that it will be 8 hours per pick.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Or, in other words, you will hate each others' guts throughout the drafting but as soon as one goes out the other will have a massive pool to improve from. Good gamble, and you pick first too!

Skizzo right now:
Yeah it doesn't seem fair to Skizzo that I get the first pick. I am actually willing to concede my first pick and let him pick ahead of me if possible. What's the advantage of him picking his manager first, if I can choose the same manager later and have first dibs on his player? Doesn't seem fair to me. @Annahnomoss

Message me...we can plan our picks accordingly ;)
:D

harms

Staff
01. Harms - Trapattoni
02. Stobzilla - Cappello
03. Jayvin - Ancelotti
04. Paolo - LVG
05. Skizzo - Udo Lattek
06. MJJ - Lippi
07. Joga Bonito - Udo Lattek
08. Balu - Béla Guttmann
09. Raees - Del Bosque
10. Cutch - Alex Ferguson
11. Gio - Trapattoni
12. EAP -
13. TRV -
14. DanNistelrooy -
15. Annah -
16. Crappy -

Seriously, what the hell? :lol:

Annahnomoss

Yeah it doesn't seem fair to Skizzo that I get the first pick. I am actually willing to concede my first pick and let him pick ahead of me if possible. What's the advantage of him picking his manager first, if I can choose the same manager later and have first dibs on his player? Doesn't seem fair to me. @Annahnomoss

:D
There are plenty of managers who doesn't have the player pool to support two managers using him, all those picks would go to the person who picks them first so picking manager first is an advantage still.

Then there is of course the fact that it follows the exact same balance as always, pick one has to wait for longer for the next pick so even if he gets the best first pick, he gets the worst second pick and so forth.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I pick Fabio Capello. Sorry @Stobzilla :lol:

01. Harms - Trapattoni
02. Stobzilla - Cappello
03. Jayvin - Ancelotti
04. Paolo - LVG
05. Skizzo - Udo Lattek
06. MJJ - Lippi
07. Joga Bonito - Udo Lattek
08. Balu - Béla Guttmann
09. Raees - Del Bosque
10. Cutch - Alex Ferguson
11. Gio - Trapattoni
12. EAP - Capello
13. TRV -
14. DanNistelrooy -
15. Annah -
16. Crappy -

@The Red Viper

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Seriously, what the hell? :lol:
It is because the refinforcements are from national team they have managed. Though there are lots of successful managers, there are few who also have national team run out.

So either pick a manager who have both club+national record or share a manager who has a bigger team base, so if your counterpart gets eliminated you have good reinforcements too!

harms

Staff
It is because the refinforcements are from national team they have managed. Though there are lots of successful managers, there are few who also have national team run out.

So either pick a manager who have both club+national record or share a manager who has a bigger team base, so if your counterpart gets eliminated you have good reinforcements too!
That's the thing - there are more than enough unpicked managers with a brilliant and big teams and I would've gladly pick them if my first choice would've been unavailable. I'm not complaining, it's part of the fan, obviously, but I certainly wasn't expecting this.

The real downside of this is that some of my favorites won't be picked (which is really strange). But maybe it's for the best, it's certainly gets more competitive that way, and less uber-teams from the start

P.S. being first really sucks

Annahnomoss

Reinforcements are from both club teams and national teams to clarify it. National teams are not eligible first round, but club teams remains eligible the entire draft.

Annahnomoss

@Annahnomoss - Referring to harms comment above, it would be nice, if managers (who picked first) are given an option to change their choice, provided someone down the line also picks the same manager.
We will discuss it after all the manager picks are done, the obvious rule would be that if you'd want to change your pick you couldn't go for a manager already picked. For me it sounds fine though and would just be positive.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Let's not change the rules midway. This is how all the non sense starts. As Balu said, last draft was great because we stuck to the rules as they were. Those who picked first knew the risks so should not get a second chance.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
No changing rules now. No one could seriously expect to have Trapattoni's or Capello's playerpool for themselves? Those were always the obvious choices for 'sharing'.

harms

Staff
@Annahnomoss - Referring to harms comment above, it would be nice, if managers (who picked first) are given an option to change their choice, provided someone down the line also picks the same manager.
Nah, rules are rules, your draft went so smoothly because you didn't change any, let's not start this now.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Say, if a Player X (a GOAT) but did not have a stellar season under the picked manager, how would the draft game work? Would he be considered as a GOAT and still be a match winner or because of a non stellar season would he be considered less effective?

Annahnomoss

Say, if a Player X (a GOAT) but did not have a stellar season under the picked manager, how would the draft game work? Would he be considered as a GOAT and still be a match winner or because of a non stellar season would he be considered less effective?
Up for you to argue and I bet it will change in every single situation. If a player actually had a really poor season in an otherwise pretty well performing team - then that would be harder to turn around and blame on tactics than if the team in general player bad but the player was still the star above the rest etc.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I was wondering who was going to bite the bullet and pick the great man. You'll be like the Death Star from Star Wars in the first round, closing in on the nucleus of a great team with noone able to do a thing about it.
If no one else picks him, then yeah... Cutch pretty much gets a pass in the first round.

After that scope of improvement diminishes due to lack of NT management by Fergie. Infact hard to see any major improvements unless a certain player slips in first round itself.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
What a fantastic idea for a draft, well done @Annahnomoss!

New job doesn't really allow me the time to take part in these drafts anymore but will definitely keep an eye out for the final teams and match ups - will make for some great reading!

Annahnomoss

What a fantastic idea for a draft, well done @Annahnomoss!

New job doesn't really allow me the time to take part in these drafts anymore but will definitely keep an eye out for the final teams and match ups - will make for some great reading!
I was really unmotivated myself for a draft until this idea came up(sub consciously stolen from EAP). It is already really fun with all the research! We need you back sooner or later though so you may need to change job again.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
I was really unmotivated myself for a draft until this idea came up(sub consciously stolen from EAP). It is already really fun with all the research! We need you back sooner or later though so you may need to change job again.

I am a bit gutted that I can't really take part anymore, the ideas recently have been great. To be fair though, the standard of games and write ups has really gone up since I last played too - very in depth and can make for great reading. Not sure I'd be able to compete!

MJJ

I am a bit gutted that I can't really take part anymore, the ideas recently have been great. To be fair though, the standard of games and write ups has really gone up since I last played too - very in depth and can make for great reading. Not sure I'd be able to compete!
:lol: half of that is just anto.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
If no one else picks him, then yeah... Cutch pretty much gets a pass in the first round.

After that scope of improvement diminishes due to lack of NT management by Fergie. Infact hard to see any major improvements unless a certain player slips in first round itself.
I haven't really looked at who played uner him, but Scotland had some great players around the 1986 period where Fergie managed them. A Keane/Souness midfield would kick the shite out of any tiki-taka unit ever assembled :drool:.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I was just joking around. It really is your idea as the multiple people can choose same managers can be chosen, national teams as reinforcements etc are vintage classic! All yours, mate!

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
I haven't really looked at who played uner him, but Scotland had some great players around the 1986 period where Fergie managed them. A Keane/Souness midfield would kick the shite out of any tiki-taka unit ever assembled :drool:.
:nono: Scholes and Captain Marvel over Souness. Souness was a great player and maybe on par/slightly better than Robson but you gotta go for Robbo due to their respective club allegiances on a vote-based game like this.