Manager Poll

Who do you want to manage Manchester United next year ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tarrou

I don't like any of the options really, but went with Amorin

a lot of those names have already proved they can't do this job of this magnitude in my eyes, or are past it

so in the unlikely event that we could hire someone who has the right credentials and experience, I'd rather take a punt on a prospect

GreatDane

How the hell does 131 voters want to see more of this misery?
....and why are so many of them new members?
Can we have a vote without oppo fans?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
ETH is actually winning this. I got the impression 90% of our fans want him gone.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Not really sure why there's so many shouts for McKenna. The likes of Howe and Potter have more impressive examples of taking clubs up through the leagues, and the only other thing that would set him apart is having worked here recently when we were also mostly shit.

Minnesota United are having a good season, should we give it Eric Ramsay?

C'est Moi Cantona

I went for Tuchel, mainly because he is proven, and if he does join then he'll have agreed to the Ineos ground rules and be ok with them.

So right now it would be

Tuchel
Frank
Mckenna

Then just keep Ten Hag.

Matt Varnish

Hello Sailor.
How the hell does 131 voters want to see more of this misery?
....and why are so many of them new members?
Can we have a vote without oppo fans?
I voted for him, because at the time none of them were realistic or better alternatives.
Now Tuchel has come out and said he's not staying at Bayern, that changes things, even so, I'm not sure he can turn things around quicker than ETH, he is still going to have to deal with stupid contracts, stupid wages and a dressing room culture that obviously exists.

GreatDane

I voted for him, because at the time none of them were realistic or better alternatives.
Now Tuchel has come out and said he's not staying at Bayern, that changes things, even so, I'm not sure he can turn things around quicker than ETH, he is still going to have to deal with stupid contracts, stupid wages and a dressing room culture that obviously exists.
I really just dont understand what you see in ETH that can leave you any faith.
The negative records this year alone, 0-7 to Pool last year, negative gd...
He's bringing us down.

BorisManUtd

Yeah but bear in-mind, EtH has 26.5% of the vote and the rest have 73.5% between them.

That means roughly three-quarters of United fans want EtH out, but we can't agree on who should replace him.
Yeah and that's what's poll on ten Hag's thread showing - 72,7% voters want him gone.

Matt Varnish

Hello Sailor.
I really just dont understand what you see in ETH that can leave you any faith.
The negative records this year alone, 0-7 to Pool last year, negative gd...
He's bringing us down.
I'm just of the opinion that anyone with the issues he's had would not have done any better, I'm not just talking about the amount and frequency of injuries, the whole Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood shit going on in the background, all that is bound to have an effect on the players morale.
Records are for pundits to spout off about, I tend to live in the present.
Disappointing season ?
In some ways yes
Then from another angle, if we hadn't had those injuries and issues would we have seen Garnacho, Mainoo and Amad

Tap

I'm just of the opinion that anyone with the issues he's had would not have done any better, I'm not just talking about the amount and frequency of injuries, the whole Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood shit going on in the background, all that is bound to have an effect on the players morale.
Records are for pundits to spout off about, I tend to live in the present.
Disappointing season ?
In some ways yes
Then from another angle, if we hadn't had those injuries and issues would we have seen Garnacho, Mainoo and Amad
Injury crises, player discontent and subpar players have all plagued ETH’s predecessors but none have performed as poorly as he did.

At the very least, they still managed positive GDs. ETH is the first where even getting a positive GD is a challenge.Even in his first season, he started off with negative GD for a while.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Poch has zero votes :lol:

Bring back Amadaeus.
I like Pochettino but I don't get why he's in the poll. Is he likely to be sacked or something? To me, it looks like he's staying.

And yes, I unironically miss Amadaeus!

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
The likes of Howe and Potter have more impressive examples of taking clubs up through the leagues
Do they really?

Would be surprised if either has done what McKenna has just done - points accumulated, goals scored, money (not) spent.

Not got the time to research properly though!

Tarrou

Some will get Amorim and make us look very stupid.
Is he that bad? I’ve no idea

without knowing anything about him I do like the idea of a punt instead of tried and tested but not good enough ( like Jose for example ) out of sheer desperation

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm for tuchel or keep ten hag while McKenna goes to a club like Brighton to develop more. Too soon for him.

SER19

Interesting ten hag top at time of posting. A real sign of uncertainty about plenty of replacements. I voted ten hag and probably leaning towards amorim if ten hag was sacked. No idea why, just a gut feeling

Lyng

Not really sure why there's so many shouts for McKenna. The likes of Howe and Potter have more impressive examples of taking clubs up through the leagues, and the only other thing that would set him apart is having worked here recently when we were also mostly shit.

Minnesota United are having a good season, should we give it Eric Ramsay?
Hard disagree. McKennas achievement is far more impressive than Howe and Potters.
Howe is such a overrated manager

saivet

I do think it would be too soon and I haven't even watched Ipswich, but my heart is moving to McKenna but maybe it's the links with other clubs. It would be harsh on Ipswich but his best move would probably be going to Brighton this summer.

Roosney

Keep Erik. Let him grind out this owner transition era, plus it would be fair for him to have one normal season without injuries, CR7, Sancho etc.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
Give me De Zerbi. Shown what he can do with an inferior squad against the best teams from a performance level. Matching and beating Liverpool, City, Arsenal, Utd, Spurs and Chelsea in the last 18 months

If not, then Postecoglu. Seems like a serious and scary man willing to win in the long term. Also has Spurs post-Kane playing great football dominating the ball against City.

Just don’t get the McKenna shouts. He hasn’t managed in a top flight division yet. It’s like getting Kompany from Burnley last season.
Inferior to United? Debatable

sepulturite

Seems several “newbies” are voting for him ….time to exclude newbies from polls?
Ah that might explain it alright. I always think having pills like this in the general forum, only full members can vote in there.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
Ah that might explain it alright. I always think having pills like this in the general forum, only full members can vote in there.
Yeah cos all the main forum people are all football geniuses with the most consistent, flawless football insight and have never once had a ridiculous opinion or poll vote :lol:

sepulturite

Yeah cos all the main forum people are all football geniuses with the most consistent, flawless football insight and have never once had a ridiculous opinion or poll vote :lol:
Yeh I agree with you there alright actually, I suppose alot of the full members can be just as bad alright :lol: