Managers Draft - R1: Gio vs The Red Viper

Based on 'players peaks under the said manager', who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Red Viper

Supports
Liverpool
On what basis though? He was the 6th best player in Serie A in 1986/87. He scored truckloads of goals, some absolute screamers, and was a huge threat at set-pieces. And he marshalled a defence that conceded a mere 17 goals all season!
On your point about how he snuffed great strikers throughout his career. He did that and I am not going to argue against it. But my point and what I asked was, which great strikers did he face in that period with Inter Milan?

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
It's a draw as it stands unless Harms withdrawing his double vote counts. In that case I withdraw mine as well but it's not double so it would be

Gio 22 - TRV 21.
Were you trying to engineer a draw here?!

The Red Viper

Supports
Liverpool
TRV 23 - 22 Gio

What a game!!!
Phew!

Every single game in the last draft except the match against Anto went down the wire. Looks like that trend won't stop here as well.

Anyway, Hard Luck, @Theon & @Gio . Sorry if I was harsh or rude with my criticism of some of your players. Its a draft, and you have to sell your players and blast/underrate others. Hope you two understand.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
On your point about how he snuffed great strikers throughout his career. He did that and I am not going to argue against it. But my point and what I asked was, which great strikers did he face in that period with Inter Milan?
I suppose it's the same point as the level that a player was at versus the actual performances. For example, which great left-backs did Arjen Robben face under Pep Guardiola? Not many if any really. But we accept his level as being pretty high on the basis that he's shown a similar performance level over the last few seasons.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I remember reading about Gullit's injury troubles, otherwise how he could ahve been in that level of Platini, Zico and Maradona etc. So, I just checked. Gullit didn't start in both the games. Without Gullit, their axis of Rijkaard - Gullit - Van Basten isn't the same though.
Fair enough. Anyway congrats to winning the game, certainly one of the most interesting ones in a while.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I am clueless here. Enlighten me in the PM please. :lol:
Since nobody seems to know it is only fair I share what I noticed yesterday: you can search for any team on sharemytactics.

That's a significant flaw as far as surprising your oppo is concerned, just search the name of any one player and the lineups containing it appear in chronological order. The names too... Search for "Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime" :lol:

The Red Viper

Supports
Liverpool
Since nobody seems to know it is only fair I share what I noticed yesterday: you can search for any team on sharemytactics.

That's a significant flaw as far as surprising your oppo is concerned, just search the name of any one player and the lineups containing it appear in chronological order. The names too... Search for "Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime" :lol:
Ohh! :D

I like to have jerseys in my formation picture. Sharemytactics doesn't have jerseys which is why I don't use it much, unless I am trying to give a detailed explanation regarding the shape and the pattern of movements etc.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Were you trying to engineer a draw here?!
Not really. I was fine with my entire vote changing hands when you were losing badly/unfairly, but felt 50-50 about it throughout. Once harms showed up voicing the same concerns (but his vote sitting on TRV) I suggested we were cancelling each other out so no biggie. Then I realised he withdrew altogether and that it counted for two so I defo was withdrawing then.

If I wanted a draw (aka, "doing a Gio" ;)) I would have withdrawn my withdrawal!

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Meanwhile in the post-match press-conference, Trapattoni loses the plot following a barrage of questions on the peak form of Gianni Rivera and Daniel Passarella.