Manchester Arena Bombing 22.05.17

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
BBC reporting online that trains out of Victoria are blocked?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Surely if it was balloons people would know that it was those that caused the explosion?
In the chaos it would be difficult to say for certain. I guess we won't know until we know.

Horrible news, absolutely horrible.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Absolutely mental. Luckily im at my misses parents house in the wirral, but this is literally at my doorstep. I work in the printworks overlooking the arena, and live next to the green quarter. Theres videos of it all coming out of my apartment block :/

No information coming out yet, nothing to suggest its accident or terrorist, if people died from a bomb blast or from the stampede that followed. Madness.

spwd

In the chaos it would be difficult to say for certain. I guess we won't know until we know.

Horrible news, absolutely horrible.
Yeah I guess but what I meant was that someone would see them explode .

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Wouldn't there be obvious visible damage, as well as shit loads of alarms going off if there was a bomb?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah I guess but what I meant was that someone would see them explode .
They would have to be seriously big balloons to launch people 30 feet across the floor. Can't see that being allowed either in a concert, just doesn't make sense.

Gas explosion makes much more sense.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
There's a bomb disposal truck going in apparently...

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
People on Reddit saying they heard the explosion up to a mile away, struggling to think how a balloon could make that much noise. The explosion was loud in that car parked at Victoria train station on the dash cam as well.

People keep talking about a balloon. I live about a mile away and the entire flat heard the bang clearly. No chance it was a balloon.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
People on Reddit saying they heard the explosion up to a mile away, struggling to think how a balloon could make that much noise. The explosion was loud in that car parked at Victoria train station on the dash cam as well.
It was heard 15 mins drive away. Definitely not a normal balloon popping near a mic. I guess it could've been a gas filled one someone had taken out with them?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
They would have to be seriously big balloons to launch people 30 feet across the floor. Can't see that being allowed either in a concert, just doesn't make sense.

Not beiinng funny but if that bloke was actually hurled 30 feet across the floor, he wouldn't be on BBC news 10 minutes later telling anyone about it.

spwd

I agree with you, that's what I was saying, if any balloons exploded they would have been seen so can't see it being balloons.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Did the BBC just say that the explosion happened at the foyer. So not a balloon.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Not beiinng funny but if that bloke was actually hurled 30 feet across the floor, he wouldn't be on BBC news 10 minutes later telling anyone about it.
Thought that as soon as he said it. No chance he just got back up and then was as calm as he was.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Can't imagine it being a gas explosion there would be way more visible damage. A house exploded round the corner from me last year and there was literally nothing left of it.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
When the dust settles there's gonna be a lot of sadness. I just hope everyone has someone to lean on to help them cope. Especially the families who have lost someone.