Manchester Arena Bombing 22.05.17

ChrisNelson

Awful news. Can only pray that when I wake up tomorrow morning they are reporting as few fatalities as possible. I heard about an hour ago but didn't expect to see there had been deaths next time I checked :(.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not beiinng funny but if that bloke was actually hurled 30 feet across the floor, he wouldn't be on BBC news 10 minutes later telling anyone about it.
No doubt he's massively exaggerating, but usually by now if it was a proper bomb there would be images of the dead or serious injuries. So far all it seems is a few bad cuts, that seems more like debris damage?.

I imagine something's either exploded between the stadium / train station and caused some sort of projectiles to cut people. Some people may have got really unlucky.

Castia

fecking shocking being this close to home. Praying for those effected by this.

I live a few miles away but even from here the ambulances and police shot past heading to the city, I can see police copters in the air also.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Yep in the foyer it's been confirmed.

So if it's outside I wouldn't think it would be a terrorist attack. Surely a terroist would blow a bomb somewhere near the front to cause a stampede.

Neutral

BTV
Obviously it matters in terms of what caused this, but...terrorism or not...this is going to be heartbreaking for dozens of families :(

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Can't imagine it being a gas explosion there would be way more visible damage. A house exploded round the corner from me last year and there was literally nothing left of it.
Depends. Houses are more confined and often the roof structure is timber so they would basically either collapse or just blow apart if there was a gas explosion...you'd think the arena would be mostly steel, and it's also more open...but how a gas explosion would happen in a concert arena I'm not sure.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
So if it's outside I wouldn't think it would be a terrorist attack. Surely a terroist blow a bomb somewhere near the front to cause a stampede.
Far too much speculation. Could be someone left a bomb to coincide with when they thought it would finish. Could be anything.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I really hope the 20 report isn't accurate ffs. Whatever the cause, what a tragedy :(

Paxi

Far too much speculation. Could be someone left a bomb to coincide with when they thought it would finish. Could be anything.

Yeah I know. I just hope to God it wasn't a terrorist attack.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Depends. Houses are more confined and often the roof structure is timber so they would basically either collapse or just blow apart if there was a gas explosion...you'd think the arena would be mostly steel, and it's also more open...but how a gas explosion would happen in a concert arena I'm not sure.
That's true. Just hope it was a terrible unfortunate accident and not planned.

Utdstar01

So if it's outside I wouldn't think it would be a terrorist attack. Surely a terroist would blow a bomb somewhere near the front to cause a stampede.
Suppose it's dependant on their intentions. A witness on BBC now stating that it was on the way into the Box office area.

Paxi

I'm not for one minute having it that this guy was flung 30ft

I think he's on BBC now. He didn't say he was flung 30 feet now, so maybe someone just made that bit up.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

The explosion from someone's dashcam, 7 seconds the building lights up and the explosion can be heard, left of the screen.

Tarrou

Yeah he was exaggerating there a wee bit. Probably in shock though to be fair.

bri2013

Horrific. Sickening news. My thoughts go out to all of those affected.