Manchester City v Manchester United

Ole'sbodyguard

Why the feck are people blaming our midfield. De Gea isn't having the greatest of matches and Rio had a bit of a shocker. Some of you are fecking idiots.
Agreed.

Midfield has been fine and the approach play has been very good. We dominated possession and City have looked shite. Some of the forward play has been abit to indulgent and the end product could be better but it's been a good performance.

First goal was a cracking set-piece and the second was bad defending and keeper should have done better.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
All the people who complain about this thread not matching their desires in terms of coolness should a get a grip.
The matchday threads have been like that for a long time, it's stupid to complain about it yet still read and post in it.

LARulz

it will be even worse for confidence if SAF decides to substitute him
I'd be very disappointment if that happened. Think Ferguson knows that taking him off will really harm him so may keep him on. But also because he's not exactly going to write of his new goalkeeper after 45 minutes.

Ekeke

We've struggled with the powerful challenges when our front players are receiving the ball to feet with their back to goal. Welbeck and Rooney in particular. Berbatov might have a bit more success with that

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Losing this match never bothers me, neither does winning give me a glimmer of what's to come. United lost something like three or four on the trot just over a decade ago, including Arsenal thumping them 3-0. United went on to do The Treble that season.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Nice perspective in this thread.

Let's chill guys - we've had a mixed record in the CS over the years, it's not a massive deal.

We've looked good and paid the price for some shocking defensive play.

We've looked dangerous going forward, but been guilty of overplaying in the final third.

We haven't lacked creativity. We should've scored by now. We had 66% possession at half an hour and we were literally all over them. Passing through their backline for fun. But since they scored we've completely lost our heads.

They couldn't get in the game while it was 0-0 but since the first one went in our positioning has gone to pot. Literally the team is all over the place and that was illustrated graphically by the second goal. Dzeko could've driven a tank through the middle of us even though the Keeper really should've done better.

Its worrying to see us lose our heads like that just cos we go 1-0 down. Irritating as it is we're United we shouldn't just mentally collapse when we concede.
Good summary. We've played better, but Man City's surprise goal has shaken us. Then we've become a bit complacent with our defending. We shouldn't be losing this game, but we are. Need to sharpen up and play with more cutting edge in the second half and we can get back in it.

The next goal is so important.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We haven't lacked creativity. We should've scored by now. We had 66% possession at half an hour and we were literally all over them. Passing through their backline for fun. But since they scored we've completely lost our heads.

They couldn't get in the game while it was 0-0 but since the first one went in our positioning has gone to pot. Literally the team is all over the place and that was illustrated graphically by the second goal. Dzeko could've driven a tank through the middle of us even though the Keeper really should've done better.

Its worrying to see us lose our heads like that just cos we go 1-0 down. Irritating as it is we're United we shouldn't just mentally collapse when we concede.
Ball possession is useless unless you use the ball wisely. How many assists had Carrick or Anderson produced?

Phil

Don't really know why people are picking on Webeck, he's had some great link up play.

Kelvin

I got a big worry we may concede more in the 2nd half looking from our defensive problem...:(

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
devilish with his usual the world is ending propaganda:lol:

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Losing this match never bothers me, neither does winning give me a glimmer of what's to come. United lost something like three or four on the trot just over a decade ago, including Arsenal thumping them 3-0. United went on to do The Treble that season.
The CS winner never wins the League, so there is hope

MacMUFC

De gea could've done better but Vidic should've shut him down.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I miss Edwin van der Sar.

On the de Gea issue, he had a bit of a reputation in Spain for being dodgy on long rangers.

The first goal was a young keepers mistake, those will happen as he gets experience, but the second could be an issue.
It was a huge gamble by SAF and club to go for such a young keeper. I'm sure it will take some time for him to acclimate to the league. It took Reina a couple years and now he's pretty damn good.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
We've played reasonably OK. But passing not quite coming off at times. I get the feeling we're going to take some time to get players like Young and Wekbeck propely tuned in. Could be another month before things are running smoothly.

De Gea will learn. But it's obviously going to slow us down waiting for it. blooding a 20 year old in the PL was always a risk.

All in all, get the feeling we are going to have a slow start to the season. That pre-season was too soft for us.

Would throwing Sneijder in there instead of Anderson have made us look any better in that first half? I'm not so sure.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I think some people need to calm down about the team. For the first half an hour we dominated. The team didn't play badly at all. Even after going to pot we've still found a way to go in at half time having had 60% possession that's not the sign of a team that's playing poorly.

I would argue that everyone in the team was playing fine until we gave away the first goal and since then the side has sort of disintegrated. That, to me, is the most worrying thing actually. The fact that everything, everything that we saw in the first half an hour has collapsed since Lescott scored isn't something a simple signing can change.

This team needs to compose itself.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The match day threads are back..

iAm20Legend

blodoy hell de gea sort yourselves out..:nervous:
relax, it's good he gets a game this intense before the season starts, right? Now he'll know what's coming at him and what life's like here. The only thing is for him to keep a calm head and learn from all this now.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
So, what has Carrick offered us today? He's hurt our attacks on several occasions because he's indecisive except when passing it backwards. We really have to do better.

T2000

I'm at wembley and got 2 people sat to my left who are city fans :(

Luckily I have told pretty much everyone around me so they are in for a shock when they return to their seats for the second half.