Kick-off
Sun, 2 November 2014 @ 1:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 52 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SalfordRed1960

But the last 2 derbies were with Moyes. The king of negativity.
    Last year taught us that if we the supporters are negative, it creates further negativity, which actually effects the play on the pitch.
    Keep positive. We have a top class manager who knows how to win leagues. We also have top class players (despite what some naysayers will have you believe).
    City have had the upper hand on us since we lost our local players. As with many teams, the foreigners have yet to grasp the enormity of a derby in England. That goes for many teams in many cities. Even under Fergie, the players were not as up for City as say they would be for Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal. Even the Liverpool clash swung Liverpools way once the local lads left.

Saying all that, it seems from LVGs PC that Giggs expressed the emotion and importance of the match to the players. Hence, I am feeling this will actually appear to be a derby with a bit of passion. I am quite sure City players believe they have a better team, and who can really argue, but I have a feeling we will not be backs against the wall and will give as good as we get.

Last time I went, we beat them 3-2 in the cup and the United fans were well up for it. Fancy it being another day like that.

RedPeter

1-3 c´mon United! cheer up! They are scare now and they will go hard out for a early score.. then we hurt them hard!

Manucho the boss

Does anyone feel the press are getting way ahead of themselves with these front pages?

Seems like they're setting us up for a fall if we don't win on Sunday.

Realistically when you look at it, we've had our worst start to a prem season ever, we haven't won an away game yet and City away is one of the hardest games we'll play this season.

RedPeter

Every game you not win.. you are closer too win.. Sunday! Shiny sunday or bloody sunday:... !

Build a Bonfire !!!

Ole Gunner Scholes

Official wallpaper for the derby game

Last edited:

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
    I've made a £20 (yes, I'm not a hardcore gambler) double match bet on this with my scouser mate, yes I'm actually friends with a bin dipper.

He's taken Liverpool win and City win

I've got Newcastle win and United win

Who's money is safer? I'm felling quite confident.

Ole Gunner Scholes

I've made a £20 (yes, I'm not a hardcore gambler) double match bet on this with my scouser mate, yes I'm actually friends with a bin dipper.

A Newcastle win is probably 90% sure :lol:

Guildford Red

Aren't you the optimist,

after watching city against west ham then who knows what will happen. Every team is beatable.

As far as I can guess The only 2 city players that will pose us a problem is Aguero and silva. So far this season city's midfield and defence has been a little inconsistent especially yaya.

We'll have Rooney back for this and his energy will help no end

I'll go 2-2 draw.
    Yaya always raises his game against us. Don't discount him that easily. It will be a good test for our midfield. His ability to carry the ball at pace will cause us problems. Unless Fellaini plays he has no physical competition in the middle of the park Herrera and blind are no match for the power of Yaya

Last edited:

Manucho the boss

I hope he gave you odds rather than just a straight up winner takes the losers £20.

If you'd done us and newcastle in a double with a normal bookies you'd have returned £329 from a £20 stake.

thejtrain

His I am afraid :nervous: Newcastle bend over to the feckers more often than not. Our game could go either way, so....

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
    Sunday will be when it all comes together. I have real positive feeling about this game. 3-1 to united!!
    That was my prediction, too. But my sense is, its going to be glory or horror show. Can't see a draw, meself.

Guildford Red

This is what I'd go for. Get Di Maria back into his best role.
    I would have thought his best role would be more advanced say in behind the from two and drop herrera back into the midfield 2 ahead of Blind???

Di maria is one of the few players that we have that can really torment them on his day. Id have him influencing the game off the front. He can still drop deep to pick up the ball but he won't have the onus to defend as much as if he were part of the central pairing. He might even last the 90 if he doesn't have to do all the donkey work. Get wazza in there for that

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
    I hope he gave you odds rather than just a straight up winner takes the losers £20.

If you'd done us and newcastle in a double with a normal bookies you'd have returned £329 from a £20 stake.

I'm not too clued up on the betting world I only make bets with my mates just as a bit of fun.

Yay always raises his game against us. Don't discount him that easily. It will be a good test for our midfield. His ability to carry the ball at pace will cause us problems. Unless Fellaini plays he has no physical competition in the middle of the park Herrera and blind are no match for the power of Yaya
    I think fellaini deserves his place in this so I think he'll start, we should go back to the diamond and he will play at CM with Herrera and blind anchoring and I'd play Di Maria more advanced in place of mata, with RVP and Rooney up front. I just hope to god our whole defence can have a worldie of a performance.

Manucho the boss

I'm not too clued up on the betting world I only make bets with my mates just as a bit of fun.

I think fellaini deserves his place in this so I think he'll start, we should go back to the diamond and he will play at CM with Herrera and blind anchoring and I'd play Di Maria more advanced in place of mata, with RVP and Rooney up front. I just hope to god our whole defence can have a worldie of a performance.
    No offense mate but it does show.

He's made a bit of a mug of you there according to the odds on both matches.

mufc1996

That aguero challenge was never a red - wishful thinking mate
    He stamped on his foot, with no intension of winning the ball. How is that not a red card?

The referee was standing right there watching it, If rooney or balotelli made that challenge they would've got sent off.

Agueros a great player but he's also got a nasty side to him and Im sure people will start seeing it and I hope he'll start getting the same reputation rooney and balotelli have.

Guildford Red

Quite funny mate, I posted something similar myself earlier. Completely agree with you on this.

Guildford Red

He stamped on his foot, with no intension of winning the ball. How is that not a red card?

The referee was standing right there watching it, If rooney or balotelli made that challenge they would've got sent off.

Agueros a great player but he's also got a nasty side to him and Im sure people will start seeing it and I hope he'll start getting the same reputation rooney and balotelli have.
    The fact he didn't dive in and stayed on his feet saved him. Yes he caught him but it was a fraction of a second late. I think it would be a harsh red and I would be disappointed if one of our players was suspended for that.

luke511

I don't think starting Rooney will be a good idea, he always needs a few games after an absence to get back to his normal level.. I'd actually prefer us to start Wilson up front instead of him for this game but it's never gonna happen!

Manucho the boss

I don't think starting Rooney will be a good idea, he always needs a few games after an absence to get back to his normal level.. I'd actually prefer us to start Wilson up front instead of him for this game but it's never gonna happen!
    He's usually fat and slow after an injury but this was only a suspension, he's been training and should be rested and ready to go. Why would we start Wilson away to City?

Guildford Red

I don't think he will be too far off the pace, rememeber he was suspended for the last 3 games not injured so he should have lost too much sharpness. How work rate and will to win added to his record of goals against city means he has to start. Its way to big a game for Wilson at this stage.

luke511

He's usually fat and slow after an injury but this was only a suspension, he's been training and should be rested and ready to go. Why would we start Wilson away to City?
    I don't think he will be too far off the pace, rememeber he was suspended for the last 3 games not injured so he should have lost too much sharpness. How work rate and will to win added to his record of goals against city means he has to start. Its way to big a game for Wilson at this stage.
    Hmm I really hope his sharpness is up to scratch, it didn't look like it in the England game.. And sometime's throwing a youngster into the deep end works wonders, like I said I highly doubt it'll happen because of his inexperience but for a game like this I reckon we need a pesky striker making all sorts of runs right from the off.

Manucho the boss

Hmm I really hope his sharpness is up to scratch, it didn't look like it in the England game.. And sometime's throwing a youngster into the deep end works wonders, like I said I highly doubt it'll happen because of his inexperience but for a game like this I reckon we need a pesky striker making all sorts of runs right from the off.
    Sounds a bit like you're missing big Danny Welbz.

Brightonian

I would have thought his best role would be more advanced say in behind the from two and drop herrera back into the midfield 2 ahead of Blind???
    Nah he's right, Di Maria is best from a more 'midfield' sort of position, letting him pick up the ball from a bit deeper and have a run at the opposition, and giving him more freedom to choose whether to go wide or attack through the middle. That's the position in which he tore apart all comers for Madrid last season.

AkaAkuma

Would like to see Fellaini against Mangala, Rooney dropping into the free space.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    Let's stop picking holes. We've better,more experienced players than them. If we bring our 'A'game we win
    Let's get right behind the team & fcuk those vile,despicable bsatards back out of Our City !!
    A quote from Blue Moon. Their City for fecks sake, the useless bastards can't even fill their ground. I love City fans, they're a source of endless entertainment. Most City fans I know never gloat about winning the league last year, because they know most United fans were perversely happy they did. It really really hurts them to know that they'll never be more than an afterthought.

Last edited:

United98

----------------------------DDG--------------------------
    Rafael----------Smalling----------------Rojo------------Shaw
    ----------------------------Blind----------------------------
    ---------------Herrera------------------Fellaini--------------
    ---------Rooney------------------------------------Di Maria
    -----------------------------RVP----------------------------

The war at the mid is the key point, I believe we can at least score a goal tomorrow.
    and hopefully the goal is enough to make us grab three or one point.

The Azzurri

Rumors has it that city fans are planning flying a drone into the stadium with a provocative banner during the match

Ajay Samuel

I think Rooney's inclusion would help Di Maria. Di Maria has been excellent in the games which Rooney has played and has not been at his best combining with Mata. If Fellaini Blind and Herrera keep things tidy in the midfield and if our defense copes up with Aguero, then we can win this one. RvP hasn't been that sharp lately, but he has been working hard. Hope his goal against Chelsea gives him a boost in confidence

Louis Van Cal

It's a tricky one this. I think the Chelsea game proved to us that Di-Maria's far more effective coming from Cm, but I'm struggling to find a way to fit him in there without going all gung-ho here.

I think if it were up to me if line up something like this:

De-gea
    Rafael - Smalling - Rojo - Shaw
    Herrera - Blind
    Januzaj - Di-Maria - Rooney
    Van-Perisie

Give Rooney and Angel instructions to swap and change as the game goes along, keeping it nice and fluid, With Januzaj hugging the touch line as he did against Chelsea, hopefully punishing city down that left hand side. I'm temped to fit Fellaini in as many Of you guys have ( Never thought if be saying that! )and he did have a very solid game against Chelsea. I just think that this line-up us going to give us the best chance of hitting City hard where they're most vulnerable -Their shaky defence. Aahh decisions decisions!

Come on Utd!

LR7

City are almost everyone's bet as the only team in with a chance of challenging Chelsea for the title, yet if we win this game, we are just a point behind them, after an indifferent start to the season for us, with lots of new players who are settling in to a new team/country/league etc. That has to be motivation for our players who I think will definitely be up for this game and full of confidence.

I also quite like how the majority of the articles/opinion pieces I've read seem to be writing us off. I quite enjoy when we're written off as I feel we tend to respond. I'm quietly confident going into this game. I haven't read that Barney Ronay article yet but suggesting we are becoming the new noisy neighbours seems a bit hasty. We won the league the season before last. Anyone would think that we haven't challenged for years and years.

Jaco van Dyk

I would like to see Januzaj play against Zabeletta and absolutely rip him apart all game long.

pacifictheme

Just rewatched some old derby games on youtube. The 5 -0, the 4 - 3 and the Rooney overhead kick i was at OT for. So excited for this game. Feeling more confident than i have for years.

Kag

I'm dead confident for this one. If we can't beat them now then when can we? The lads owe the supporters a performance against City.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 477 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw