Closed

Discussion Live Updates 52 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
    Supports
    Chelsea
    Good luck guys, i'll miss the first 20 minutes, but ive put the bet on City to win so I expect donations if you dont lose! ;)

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    Is Mangala injured? Not even on the bench. Was gutted to not see him start as he's been awful so far for City and all over the place, Pellegrini with the right call if he's simply been dropped for this one.
    Hip injury.

VanGaalEra

Anyway else see the way Yaya was grimacing during his warm up? We need to get stuck into him right away.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man

Is James Ducker a complete and utter Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime?
    What a clown. He is not even on the bench, when we have no options for fullbacks at all :houllier:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
    Still not fit yet and Fellaini had a great game. LvG made it often enough clear that to be fit enough for the bench is not the same as fit enough to start games. Carrick was already back last week and he still said he is not ready yet. He will play for sure in the next few weeks ;)
    Hopefully Ander will get a game against Palace and be ready for Arsenal, his game will suit Arsenal.

manufanatic

"crazy"
    When I look at city's line up I see physical strength everywhere. I really hope we don't lose the physical battle in this one.
    Yes I agree and I think this is why a player like mata and even Herrera will be on the bench for a game like this. I wonder if the special one ask mata to build up his body for the rigors of the English game because when he came back to England he would have thought that city was the team to challenge at that time. Mata isn't that fast and could use a little more body as LVG said in his pre game interview and ander his great but he could get thicker as well. I know in the old days players wouldn't build up there bodies but that has changed has Ronaldo showed us. If mata and Herrera want to be in the eleven this would help

DomesticTadpole

Anyway else see the way Yaya was grimacing during his warm up? We need to get stuck into him right away.
    He's a big softie. He is always coming off injured in games or limping about. Then they make it out to be something terrible and lo and behold is fine for the next game.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Still not fit yet and Fellaini had a great game. LvG made it often enough clear that to be fit enough for the bench is not the same as fit enough to start games. Carrick was already back last week and he still said he is not ready yet. He will play for sure in the next few weeks ;)
    Herrera is fit he Said that himself, the truth is Fellaini played himself Into the starting XI and now Herrera is the one to take his chance when it comes or Fellaini having a shocker.

Kajus

Am I the only one thinking we could be playing the diamond?
    ------van Persie - Rooney
    -------------Januzaj
    -------Di Maria - Fellaini
    --------------Blind
    Shaw - Rojo - Smalling - Valencia
    -------------De Gea

Rudi j

Whats all this Adnan being picked instead of Herrera.

People, we're playing 4-2-3-1 and Herrear certainly wouldnt have started as a winger.
    Yeh its quiet baffling reading some peoples posts here, its imperative we play with a proper winger that will be able to help out valencia at rb. We cant play a diamond with Rafael out that's out the question imo, that right side would be getting peppered.

DomesticTadpole

Herrera is fit he Said that himself, the truth is Fellaini played himself Into the starting XI and now Herrera is the one to take his chance when it comes or Fellaini having a shocker.
    If Fellaini doesn't keep his elbows in check, it might be quicker than he thinks. I hope he plays against Palace as him not playing isn't going to help him either.

Mali_Zeus

Yeh its quiet baffling reading some peoples posts here, its imperative we play with a proper winger that will be able to help out valencia at rb. We cant play a diamond with Rafael out that's out the question imo.
    Really cant understand from where they're getting that...

Somebody mention it I guess and they all jumped on it.

Natener

Hope we fluke a win, preferably with a very controversial sending off for City or a penalty for Demichelis grappling one of our players in their box. Would make my week so so enjoyable. :devil:

laughtersassassin

-------------Januzaj
    --------------Blind
    -------------De Gea
    Would prefer if we were playing this to be honest.

Man-United

No way we are playing 4231 leaving Valencia on his own. 4411 with Januzaj helping him out more.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
    Scout
    I'm not as dismayed with the starting line-up as everyone else seems to be... We started well against Chelsea playing the same way, so hopefully it'll be the same here.

ottosec

Credit to the hairy fecker, he managed to take Ander's place in teh team.

tjposhea

From the video on the showing the starting line up on the official facebook, it looks like we are playing a diamond with Januzaj and RVP up top.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
    Last edited:

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
    Fit enough to be in the squad, but probably not fit enough to start games. He didn't get a minute last week, so I don't think he is 100 percent fit. I am happy for Fellaini, but it was still only one good game.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
    Supports
    Liverpool
    A win should be demanded and expected. United has the better squad and sufficient time has been given now to develop some chemistry. City´s squad is just not that good. Aguero is the one truly world class players they have. The rest are just good, but also rapidly aging. They haven´t upgraded in a signficant way for a few years. People give them sh*t over FFP, but for the last few years the one main advantage they have had is squad continuity not a skills/deep pockets advantage. Chelsea has continuity and class. That´s why they´ll run away with the league title. I´ll actually make a bold prediction and say that if City doesn´t upgrade their team during the winter transfer window (best and only chance Wenger has to get those €50M for Ozil back) they´ll miss the top 4. It will be Chelsea and then in some shock order Arsenal, Southampton and United.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
    Massive blow that Rafa is out, he makes a huge difference to the right side of our team, can easily see Valencia getting caught out during the game. I have no idea what's going to happen in this game but I will have a wild guess at us going 2-0 down in the first half and then coming back to win it 2-3 in the second half haha.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
    -------------Januzaj
    --------------Blind
    -------------De Gea
    na its gonna be 4411, like it was last week, get the ball knock it out to the wingers who cross it in....

MarcRed96

Don't know what to expect from this game after seeing the starting elevens. Rafael being out is a blow for us and I'm really not confident with Valencia at RB, but I think we have enough attacking talent on the pitch to cause City's defence some real problems.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 477 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw