Kick-off
Sun, 2 November 2014 @ 1:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 52 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
    Call me stupid but we can still win this if we get our counters sorted. For some bizarre reason nobody wants to take a shot near the edge of the area. We've caught City in decent situations, even since the sending off, where we've only got their defenders to deal with but nobody has tried to test Hart. Its like they want to walk the ball into the next. Di Maria has been particularly guilty of this. With that left foot why not just lamp it and see what butter fingers has got? Hope Rooney gets a chance just to run onto a square ball into the second half. We can still do this.

Redlyn

I cant believe anyone is saying that was not a pen lol. Talk about blinkered!

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
    I just saw the live updates page is it a new feature .. looks bloody amazing, gifs and all?

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
    It's always a yellow when you block the keeper. But Clichy pulling Januzaj to hold up play is effectively the same, yet he doesn't get yellow. No way that Smalling actually harmed someone or held up play so much that he really deserved to be sent off. But as a professional you should know the rules, so it's ridiculous and dumb, just no excuses for it. I just hope Yaya didn't got a bit of his arm on the ball right before Smalling made that challenge on Milner.

The whole game changed after that Kompany block on RVP. Would've been light perhaps, but Kompany made no attempt at all to dodge him, ref says play on after which Aguero gets that chance three secods.

Guess Smalling tried to be like Vida, City were gaining momentum and started bullying us and he wanted to give that 110%. Shit is just fecked up.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
    Smalling two fouls two yellows. City Zippo. Stupid from smalling though. No intelligence at all. It's clear where some of these lads need to improve. Really sloppy opening from us. We gave the ball away more then 3 times in that half under no pressure. Not good enough. Going to be a tough second half but if we can nick a goal you never know.

Alexillo

Well at least United have not surrendered like last time in this stadium. Yet.

DevilRed

Rooney also looks his usual self after a few matches off. Out of shape and passing gone all over the shop.

We really need to stick with a consistent tactic/shape. Heck, we cant even stick with a settled back four without one or two of them getting injured or sent off.

This is already the third fecking sending off this season. Its absolutely shocking and someone needs to look into the defending.

doomy20

We had decent first 20 minutes. Now we are shite again. Giving balls away, making stupid fouls. DDG held us in the game with those back to back saves and Michael Oliver did us a favor with not giving a pen in each of those two critical situations. Can´t see us getting anything out of it.

PS: The ref will surely be told about the potential penalty and will award City next time he is unsure.

Devil may care

Our passing has been atrocious, if LvG wants to play possession football he better get a CM in that can control a game, Rooney looks lost in the role and Di Maria is utterly wasted out wide.

I'd say only Shaw, De Gea and to a lesser extent Fellaini can say they had a decent half.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
    Smalling needs to be fined the maximum possible and dropped for three games. He's dropped us right in the shit simply from being an idiot
    Agreed. Let him rot in the reserves until January then fcuk him off back to Fulham.

moxdevil

Players behave to rashly in big games, unable to keep their heads. Keeps being our downfall. Time to get rid of some of these players. Smalling behaving like a Sunderland defender, soon will be.

acnumber9

Started well and got more shit as the game went on. The referee has been shocking and I normally rate him as the best around.

Chrissypop

Smalling had every right to go for that tbh, was a 50 50, he was just a little slower.

Ryan7

Playing for a draw now. Oliver has been crap for both sides. Zabaleta and Clichy get away with no cards, yet Blind gets one. And Fellaini on Aguero is a penalty.

Zabaleta has committed two fouls, right?

Thugmann

We go again at half time, I just hope we can pull something out the bag when LVG Gives the half time team talk!

Heinzesight

Smalling is brain dead. The guy is a moron. Every single game he switches off at vital moments...he's thick as feck...it's frustrating as there's a decent player there but his concentration levels are atrocious. Absolute cock.

Gary Neville is so fecking quick to call 'penalty'. Toure was going down like a sack of spuds before Rojo was near him.

We'll nick this 1-0.

Will Singh

Big Dave, Fellaini and Shaw are the only players who have turned up today.

Refs been very poor, yes it was a sending off but he failed to book Zabeleta for a similar foul to Blind's!

We ain't created jack shit so will be lucky to get anything out of this game now!

Team performance 5/10 cos they have managed to stop city scoring!

Refs performance 1/10 cos his failed to give city a pen but ain't booked them either!

Revan

Assumptionman
    All of you rating Oliver pre match, you've only gone and jinxed it. He's been an utter homer coward.
    Could have easily send Rojo off and award 2 pens to City. So, not at all an utter home, we have benefited from his decisions more than City.

Dies Iray

That really was one of the most braindead things I've ever seen from a united player.

Poor de Gea left out to dry again.

DidYouForget?

First Half Thoughts:
    Valencia should leave this club in january whether he is a RB, RW or CM, he just needs to go.

Zabaleta didnt get booked for that shocking challenge on rvp were he connected with rvp's ankle but smalling gets sent off for a slide tackle were he didn't even connect with milner. Funny that.

RVP is a really greedy player, plenty of times he could of played through di maria on the counter but thought he was messi and lost the ball numerous times.

We were doing alright, Keeping possesion. I feel to get a win which is still possible we need to bring on Herrera to provide mobility in the midfield.

Juansar_07

Our game was decent and i actually thought we might nick one but Smalling decided to ruin my Sunday:(

footballgirl07

Smalling was stupid for the first yellow and no complaints about the second. With exception of Valencia, caught out of position again which ment Smalling had to cover for him, again. We are getting so easily beat down our right side by simple balls, it is ridiculous. The lack of consistency hasn't helped from the ref. Both Clichy and Zabaleta should of been booked. On the ball, we look poor with our passing all over the field.

Bloxy

Why does it always rain on me?
    what an awesome game.Unbelievable that we're still in the game with nearly all our players looking two or three yeards slower that them. Fellani, Shaw looking decent for us.

MarcRed96

Rojo fills me with no confidence whatsoever. Smalling was a complete idiot for both of his incidents in which he received a card and City probably should have had a penalty.

We need to regroup at HT. It's going to be a long second half because they will go all out on the attack from the start. I just hope our makeshift defence can hold out.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
    Call me stupid but we can still win this if we get our counters sorted. For some bizarre reason nobody wants to take a shot near the edge of the area. We've caught City in decent situations, even since the sending off, where we've only got their defenders to deal with but nobody has tried to test Hart. Its like they want to walk the ball into the next. Di Maria has been particularly guilty of this. With that left foot why not just lamp it and see what butter fingers has got? Hope Rooney gets a chance just to run onto a square ball into the second half. We can still do this.
    Im with you, we can win this, unlikely but it is possible.

El Zoido

Neither of the penalty shouts were clear cut on first viewing. On the reverse angle of the second one it looks like a great tackle from where the ref is standing. He has to be 100% sure.

A little perspective is required. Both were penalties but not stonewallers and you can see why they weren't given.

vibe

We might squeak out a 0-0 if we play like this.

On the side of reality, no objective way we'll get a point here. Might as well play to the best of our ability, play for goal difference and regroup with a win against Palace.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
    Smalling ffs. The guy does not engage his brain. The worst 45 mins to follow now..

tulipanes

Shaw and De Gea are the ones who saved us in the first halve. I''l be happy with a draw after that stupid stupid stupid red card.

nemanja nemagic

The things Oliver has got wrong today -

Should've booked clichy early on for his fould on Januzaj
    Should've booked Hart for squaring up to him
    Should've booked Zabaleta for his foul
    Should've awarded City two penalties.

I thought he was the best referee in the league before this game, now not too sure.

Smalling is going to get more than an earful, what an idiotic bellend. It's going to be painful waiting for city to score

SouthSide

Supports
    Brondby
    Referee is giving nothing our way, quite a few bad challenges by City and no yellow, and now we are down to 10 with a stupid tackle. :/ ffs
    Actually City got robbed from two penalties so far, so.......

RedRover

Toothless going forward and giving the ball away with no pressure.

Rank average at the back. Smalling is an idiot and Rojo a liability - regularly under or over cooking his passes.

Two pens for me and the second another red. It's a miracle it's nil -nil.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 477 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw