Sat, 25 May 2024 @ 3:00pm BST
Status

Finished

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Buster15

Go on Didier
    Supports
    Bristol Rovers
    Call me petty but the fact they're having a trophy parade on Sunday really adds to my desire to win this, hopefully God unleashes another storm on them.
    No. Certainly not petty. Any self respecting United fan should want us to beat City in any game, let alone the Cup Final. That really would spoil their parade. Should be part of Ten Hag team talk.

thisisnottaken1

its crazy how Des always looked so old - And he is still only 81 years old today. That makes him about 44 back then.
    People looked a lot older back then. Someone who is 44 now was born in 1980. That’s scary. They’re one of the oldest millennials.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
    Calmest I've been about a cup final ever. I think that's because I am pretty certain we are going to lose. Could change Saturday though.

Irwin99

No Maguire, and I very much doubt Lindelof is starting this one so it looks like it could be Martinez and Varane ( or maybe Evans who has had more games).

Onana
    AwB Varane Martinez Dalot
    Casemiro Mctominay Mainoo
    Garnacho Bruno Rashford​

Pack the midfield, ball over the top to chase for Garnacho or Rashford. Steal a goal, defend, pray! One positive is our bench will look a lot stronger with Mount, Antony, Lindelof, Martial, Evans.

DRJosh

Supports
    United minus the Glazers
    If we had another more experienced/seasoned first team striker, I’d be more optimistic. Someone in the mould of Cavani. Right now we’re trying the hit and hope approach but that goal poaching instinct is absent from this squad.

didz

No Maguire, and I very much doubt Lindelof is starting this one so it looks like it could be Martinez and Varane ( or maybe Evans who has had more games).

Onana
    Garnacho Bruno Rashford​

Pack the midfield, ball over the top to chase for Garnacho or Rashford. Steal a goal, defend, pray! One positive is our bench will look a lot stronger with Mount, Antony, Lindelof, Martial, Evans.
    Wouldn't mind that setup at all. Bruno has had a couple of good games as an auxiliary striker.

BootsyCollins

Onana
    Garnacho Bruno Rashford​

I would like that lineup.

Unam333

Onana
    Garnacho Bruno Rashford​

My team as well. Start speedy players like Rashford and Garnacho. Overload the midfield. Ball over the top. There are no other tactics that will hurt City.

Gopher Brown

They are just a team, not some collection of supermen or something, so we can win. If we are going to win, our best bet is not to score too early because the temptation to then sit back and just let them play is too much. If it’s 0-0 going into the 80th minute we can sneak a goal and win it. If we score in the first 10min I think we’ll lose heavily.

All this noise around Ten Hag leaving is a blatant attempt to derail us all and I wouldn’t be surprised if City are behind it all, not that that will ever be proven. The way all the United based media amplified this voice is fecking shameful though.

Wilt

They are just a team, not some collection of supermen or something, so we can win. If we are going to win, our best bet is not to score too early because the temptation to then sit back and just let them play is too much. If it’s 0-0 going into the 80th minute we can sneak a goal and win it. If we score in the first 10min I think we’ll lose heavily.

All this noise around Ten Hag leaving is a blatant attempt to derail us all and I wouldn’t be surprised if City are behind it all, not that that will ever be proven. The way all the United based media amplified this voice is fecking shameful though.
    :lol: :lol:

greater wall

Onana
    Garnacho Bruno Rashford​

Dropping Hojlund, who is on a goal scoring run, for the final?

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
    Stevenage
    Dropping Hojlund, who is on a goal scoring run, for the final?
    A goal scoring run from the bench, that could prove to be a great weapon in this game. I don't think Amad deserves to be dropped for Rashford but I can't deny based on how I think these teams will setup Rashford probably is more suited but that's not fair..

Banana Republic

If Rashford is picked, I’m hoping he’ll be fired up by the shame of being dumped by Southgate and give us a rare repeat of his brief, post World Cup scoring run last season.
    If he manages to score, or even win it for us, it might boost our chances of getting rid of him during the summer.
    A double victory perhaps?

All wishful thinking though. He’s 99% certain to be sh*t as usual.

Lyng

A goal scoring run from the bench, that could prove to be a great weapon in this game. I don't think Amad deserves to be dropped for Rashford but I can't deny based on how I think these teams will setup Rashford probably is more suited but that's not fair..
    I actually think having Rashy and Rasmus of the bench in the second half to hit them on the counter when they are tired could be a great plan.

gfactor86

2v1 United. Don't know, just have a feeling we turn up and City get complacent.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Onana
    Wan Bissaka Varane Martinez Dalot
    Casemiro Mainoo
    Garnacho McTominay Bruno Rashford
    Gotta be this really. Hojlunds picked up a bit but he'll be needed fresh off the bench, Ten Hag can't get us balanced in the middle especially against city if it's Hojlunds in for mctominay. Goal should be to keep it tight and have legs in the middle and be in the game after an hour. Hit them on the break through Rashford and Garnacho and Bruno. Bring Hojlunds on after an hour, bring Amad on as well for one of the wingers.

Rashford has had a bad season, but he's the only one who can take on Walker and worry him on the left and we gotta hope he turns up. Casemiro must start in DM, Varane must start. It's their last big games likely, they have it in them to roll it back for a cup final.

Adamsk7

I’ve gone for a bit of a weird one but I think we need to keep it tight, especially with our “fit” defenders being rusty and lacking fitness.

Onana

AWB Varane Martinez Dalot

Amrabat
    Casemiro Mainoo

Bruno McTominay Garnacho

it gives us Hojlund, Rashford and Amad as bench options. Keep it tight, try to nick a goal and then last 20 bring on Hojlund and Amad and move Bruno central.

I know I’ll probably get pelters but it’s a squad game and I’d rather have some actual options to change it.

DRJosh

Supports
    United minus the Glazers
    I don’t know if the potential sacking of ETH will be a motivation or a distraction for the team in the final.

It’s a very strange situation to be in especially in regards to how ordinary we’ve looked all season to find ourselves in a final.

Red Royal

I’ve gone for a bit of a weird one but I think we need to keep it tight, especially with our “fit” defenders being rusty and lacking fitness.

Onana

AWB Varane Martinez Dalot

Amrabat
    Casemiro Mainoo

Bruno McTominay Garnacho

it gives us Hojlund, Rashford and Amad as bench options. Keep it tight, try to nick a goal and then last 20 bring on Hojlund and Amad and move Bruno central.

I know I’ll probably get pelters but it’s a squad game and I’d rather have some actual options to change it.
    I wouldn't give you or EtH pelters for that. I would still have Amad instead if McT but absolutely correct to keep it tight/frustrate City for as long as possible.

Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Provisional results
Kobbie Mainoo image Kobbie Mainoo 55% of 341 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

Provisional results
7.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 321 ratings.

Score Predictions