Manchester United 0:1 Atletico Madrid (Sat 30th July, 12:45 UK time)

chb23

Elanga never seems to want to pass first up, always wants to run with the ball and then loses the opportunity to pass :/

Someone

Something
Bruno really doesn't pay enough attention before making a pass. It always seems that it's a pass for someone who isn't there.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Must be frustrating to play with Elanga.

Also we're ridiculously sloppy in attack.

Teja

Ehh, whatever. One of those that need a 1000 VAR replays but I don't mind that.

demetre

The way we move and press the opposition is lovely. But some of the touches and decision making in the final third has been really poor.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Not the best performance today. Sancho is missed in the attack

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Elanga is poor.
He has his moments but there's too many mistakes in him. Fernandes hasn't been great but some of his passes into space are where you'd expect Elanga to be running into and he doesn't. And then when he finally gets the ball he either cocks up his touch or pass.

When the game is slower he's fine I guess but I just don't think he's cut out to be in the starting line up. It's a shame because he seems a decent bloke and there's clearly a talented players in there somewhere.

laughtersassassin

We do look better but the quality of these players are just too low to be competing with the best of them.

Signings needed badly and now

Rojofiam

How can anyone like these fecking Atletico rats...dirty cnuts, all of them. Not one likeable team from the big Spanish trio

Loony BoB

For the Bruno debate, I'd say he screws up a few times and creates excellently a few times. He's a risk/reward player and I'm okay with it. I don't think he's had a terrible or great game today. We judge him to a high standard due to his first season, combine that with the risk/reward playstyle and you'll always see divisive views. I like a bit of risk/reward in our attack, personally, over playing it safer like we did under Mourinho.