Manchester United 0:1 Atletico Madrid (Sat 30th July, 12:45 UK time)

Anustart89

That's literally the same duel he hasn't given a foul for Elanga for threee times in the first half.

Loony BoB

I know people will say it's only pre season but there are no signs we have anywhere near enough quality in attack to finish in the top half.
No signs this preseason we have the attack when our attack scored four goals twice, all our main front three are getting goals at a solid pace, we're 0-0 against one of the most consistent clubs in European level football after 68 minutes... Depth, maybe. But signs we'll not make top HALF? Dude, what were you expecting, 6-0 in all our games with our first and second team attacking 3 all getting buckets of goals?

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I think Maguire has been excellent this game. Good defensively and Ive noticed EtH is slowly programming out just pumping it forward.

Maguire has made a few good forward passes under pressure which have gone on to form an attack.

Dazzmondo

Eriksen and VDB coming on for Martial and McTominay. No Martinez then. Not much chance of Martinez starting the season in that case. Maguire and Lindelof probably starting against Brighton

Bobski

Scott is one of the most persistent foulers I’ve ever seen at United. Seems to rarely actually win the ball.
He won a lot of the ball today and got his foot in and disrupted play on several others.

SirAnderson

This is Atletico 2 weeks behind in preparation. Not the same at all. We should be winning this game easily tbh. It's quite concerning that we aren't and have created so little
Don't think that's a fair comment at all.
You acting like none of them kept in shape at all. They have played one match already and it's a lot of their core players.
I'd love to see the last time a team won easily against this lot.
They always hard to breakdown which was exactly the point of this fixture I would think.

Anyway, it's clear you have much more higher expectations than what is the reality of our progress. Which is fine to have, but then leads to a lot of bitter threads and posts throughout the season.

OpenIntrovert

I feel you guys are being too harsh on Elanga. He has shown good movement in terms of getting into positions and is quite good on the ball. Problem is his overenthusiasm in terms of decision making.

RedDevilQuebecois

Looking knackered here now. Considering we wanted them to get a full 90... Not great?
Speaking of ways to increase our players' stamina, I swear that Denver would be quite a very good place to hold a training camp among future options. If players can cut it with less oxygen (because of altitude), they will cut it anywhere.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hopefully martial isn't injured from that one incident. Looked to be moving gingerly after that

avgp_1

Do Atletico just hoard midfielders...They have Kondogbia, Koke, Saul, De Paul, Witsel, Lemar, Wass play today

avgp_1

See Ronnie thats about 10 additional goals Eriksen will provide you