Manchester United F.C. vs. Swansea City A.F.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I remember Ronaldo at 18 and was excited at the talent and potential he had, it was frightening. All I know is, I see the same with Januzaj regardless of who was/is better at 18.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Januzaj at 18 is quite comfortably better than Ronaldo at 18. It's not even debatable
I know what your saying but with Ronaldo even at 18 you could see he was going to be the very best in the world.

Januzaj is going to be world class but I can't see him reaching the heights of Ronaldo.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Ronaldo wasn't this good at making decisions at 18, and even the things he was good at weren't as consistently good. Ronaldo's subsequent development is almost unbelievable though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Januzaj at 18 is quite comfortably better than Ronaldo at 18. It's not even debatable
More intelligent but not as talented. Ronaldo obviously had all the ability in the world as well having incredible determination to get to where he is now. Januzaj is more gotze-esque.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I remember Ronaldo at 18 and was excited at the talent and potential he had, it was frightening. All I know is, I see the same with Januzaj regardless of who was/is better at 18.

Little doubt that Januzaj decision making is miles better to Ronaldos at 18.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Good second half, good win. Next game is against Chelsea I think? At least we built up some sort of confidence for that,

LARulz

Ed Chambirlin or whatever: Dwight, did they deserve that?

Redknapp: Yep

Dickhead

Giggsforever

Poor performance, two almost accidential goals. Long, long way to go to be a clear favorite for 4th place.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Really enjoyable 2nd half. Well done, boys. :)

2 man midfield

I know what your saying but with Ronaldo even at 18 you could see he was going to be the very best in the world.

Januzaj is going to be world class but I can't see him reaching the heights of Ronaldo.
They're different players IMO, Januzaj is more a Mata than a Ronaldo/Hazard type winger, despite him playing wide right now. My guess is he will come inside and affect games there as a number 10 eventually. He's not a pacey, tricky winger ala Ronny.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Ronaldo wasn't this good at making decisions at 18, and even the things he was good at weren't as consistently good. Ronaldo's subsequent development is almost unbelievable though.

Yeah as good as Januzaj is I'd be very, very surprised if he improves astronomically as Ronaldo did. God I hope he does but we all know that's virtually a once-in-a-lifetime type thing. We're just living through two at once with Ronaldo and Messi.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
How about enjoying his performances instead of judging on imaginary time scales with the best players in the world. feck me, we want a reason to be negative. Hey, here's a talented young player, Yea I know, he's more talented than Pele when he was 2 and a half, Oh no he isn't. Give it a fecking rest.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Really good second half from our boys. Kagawa through the center and Adnan on the left worked really well with Welbeck up top. Basically all our good moves came down that side. Hopefully we can carry the second half performance into the next game

2 man midfield

Little doubt that Januzaj decision making is miles better to Ronaldos at 18.
Yeah he's got a very mature head on his shoulders. Imagine him even 3, 4 years down the line. Even then at only 22 he could be our main man.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
Januzaj reminds me of Laudrup, more than anyone else. The build, the quick feet, the dribbling style, the shuffle move, where he quickly shifts it from one foot to the other to past a player, that was Laudrup's trademark move and something that Adnan does quite regularly. Not to mention the vision and passing and all round first touch and technique. I think he'll be as good as Laudrup, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.