Manchester United home kit 2018/19

el3mel

Still feels quite strange as it doesn't look like Adidas usual style at all, but will save my evaluation till I see it on players on the pitch.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Is its true that we haven't had black shorts in the home kit for decades?
Might be the first time. I cannot remember black shorts for a home kit. I actually think it look great, but men are creatures of habit and like things to remain the same. Love that blue kit posted above, now that is something else.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I’m all up for black shorts but no red socks. Just a made up slightly United coloured kit then.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Fair play to Adidas for making our kits as painful on the eye as our football does. Well done.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I know that it's said about pretty much every new kit but it looks horrible.

I have nothing against black shorts though.

JMack1234

It's not as bad as the reaction suggests but i'm not a huge fans. It looks a bit like it's been made by a printer that is running out of ink.

Canagel

Adidas haven't really been an improvement on Nike. I haven't really like any of the kits apart from this year's Black away kit. This next kit is bad too. What's with the horizontal lines? Black shorts is good but the shirt is rubbish.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer

Fair enough. I like it because it is different. Instead of the same old thing.
Red fading wiith black shorts and socks is different, and it's been our change kit for some away games for as long as I can remember (City, Blackburn, Real Madrid etc). Red socks with black shorts is completely new and a bit shite. Not really a United kit then is it? More Bournemouth :lol:

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Red fading wiith black shorts and socks is different, and it's been our change kit for some away games for as long as I can remember (City, Blackburn, Real Madrid etc). Red socks with black shorts is completely new and a bit shite. Not really a United kit then is it? More Bournemouth :lol:
More like a mid table Bundesliga team.

Traub

Adidas haven't really been an improvement on Nike. I haven't really like any of the kits apart from this year's Black away kit. This next kit is bad too. What's with the horizontal lines? Black shorts is good but the shirt is rubbish.
Training kits are nice though.

mark_a

We should wear white shorts in our home kit. That's my contribution! There's no fighting the fact that we have to have pointless re-designs each season. That at least means a bad kit will almost always be followed by an alright one!

Or

We go radical and have red shorts for a season. I believe historically we tried that before Liverpool when we played R. Madrid in the 1957 European Cup semi-final. (Liverpool started with red shorts in 1964)

redchamp

Kits always end up looking better on the players, slim fit on athletic bodies and all that. I'm sure once they start wearing it, it will look great. Definitely more excited about the super classy blue and gold third kit though, and intrigued by the pink away kit.