Manchester United Kits 2010/2011

decorativeed

We kept that white shirt with the blue and red pinstripes as our third for three seasons running. God that was a pointless shirt.
It only needed to be worn in the games against Milan and Sparta Prague in 2004/05. All the other matches it was used in, we would have been fine with our other away kit. In 2005/06 it was only worn once against Lille.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
They all look quality. The Aon logo looks so much better than the AIG logo.

decorativeed

I miss collars, quite like to see them back.

I hate to admit, but Arsenal have had some of the better nike kits over the last few years :(
Arsenal fans would most likely disagree with you. They were up in arms about the lack of proper white sleeves on the latest home kit and I remember there not being a great response to the redcurrant kit from a few years back. Many have also complained about the two recent white away kits being too similar to Spurs strips as well.

Anyway, here's a working picture of the 1975/76 kit:

askabob

All three of those kits look class. I'd buy the green and gold one in a heartbeat, although I highly doubt the club would go for it considering the recent 'LUHG' campaign.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He didn't say either were brilliant, just that Aon is better. I agree with him, I think it's the lack of a stupid box around the letters.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He didn't say either were brilliant, just that Aon is better. I agree with him, I think it's the lack of a stupid box around the letters.
Yup, having it boxed makes it look so much worse.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
I heard (or read on here) that we were supposed to be getting a new green and gold away kit for next seaso, this was obviously before the G&G campaign got underway so (if true) it'll be interesting to see if it happens. Whoever designed these kits (I'm thinking not someone at nike), they effed up on the green kit because it would have two green sleeves and not one yellow and one green. It would be nice if nike let umbro do the kits for the 'tailored' look... the current City kit and the new England red kit are class. It would be nice if we had a plain 60's inspired kit next season, I don't like any of the crap nike have rolled out for us.

hungrywing

I heard (or read on here) that we were supposed to be getting a new green and gold away kit for next seaso, this was obviously before the G&G campaign got underway so (if true) it'll be interesting to see if it happens. Whoever designed these kits (I'm thinking not someone at nike), they effed up on the green kit because it would have two green sleeves and not one yellow and one green. It would be nice if nike let umbro do the kits for the 'tailored' look... the current City kit and the new England red kit are class. It would be nice if we had a plain 60's inspired kit next season, I don't like any of the crap nike have rolled out for us.
Neither do they. But they seem to love the bits of colored paper we keep giving them in return. Confetti!

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
You can't say Nike don't do retro, re: the current one and the 2006/2007 one.

decorativeed

A red version of the new Ireland shirt they unveiled yesterday would be my choice if we had an Umbro kit.

If the Glazers do get bought out by the red knights, I hope they pay attention to fans feelings on this stuff - as trivial as it may be in the grand scheme of things - get Umbro back in as our kit manufacturer and put the old "Football Club" crest back on the shirts instead of that tacky looking thing we have at the moment. Surely we'd also be guaranteed at least one green and gold away kit too!

nemanja15

i've seen United, Arsenal, Celtic, Juve, Inter and Barca for next season, since nike will be producing/selling their products for the season 6 months(classified as Spring/Summer 10) from now.

unless green and gold is a new , last minute production thing none of the outfield kits have anything with the green and gold.
Out of interest then, what's happening with the away/third kit?

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
Out of interest then, what's happening with the away/third kit?
good question, the ones I saw were home/away for all the teams there, so I would only be guessing for the third kit. possibly the black carrying over? correct me if i'm wrong but our third kit is blue this season? perhaps that might carry over.

as for the away, its white with some banding on the sleeves that has a lightning bolt-esque effect on it. didnt take a liking to it when i first saw it, prefered the home kit easily.

air_mood

If the trend follows, we will likely keep the black/blue one and replace the current white one with a blue one. But as I said, if the trend follows.

decorativeed

The third kit is white this season. How about spilling the beans, eh? Describing the United shirts you saw would be a good first step!

hungrywing

good question, the ones I saw were home/away for all the teams there, so I would only be guessing for the third kit. possibly the black carrying over? correct me if i'm wrong but our third kit is blue this season? perhaps that might carry over.

as for the away, its white with some banding on the sleeves that has a lightning bolt-esque effect on it. didnt take a liking to it when i first saw it, prefered the home kit easily.

hungrywing

right, something like that lighning bolt around the sleeves in red/black
Gotcha. I think I know what it looks like.

Couldn't care less about the other team kits you mentioned. But after Chevronpalooza, I think Nike's really giving MUFC the finger when it comes to kit design. "You guys sell the most shirts, so it follows that we're going to design you the cheapest one so we can take advantage of the mark ups. Makes sense, right? You guys sure are top blokes. We knew you'd understand."

decorativeed

Couldn't care less about the other team kits you mentioned. But after Chevronpalooza, I think Nike's really giving MUFC the finger when it comes to kit design. "You guys sell the most shirts, so it follows that we're going to design you the cheapest one so we can take advantage of the mark ups. Makes sense, right? You guys sure are top blokes. We knew you'd understand."
United's kits this season will actually have been more expensive to produce than most, what with the front being made of three panels of material which needs to be properly stitched together rather than just one as normal.

I disliked the current home shirt on first viewing, but I really like it now. Depending on how the season pans out, it could well be that this one becomes a fondly remembered classic. It's different in the way that the 1984-86 kits were or the first two Umbro home kits of the 90s and the treble winning home kit with the zipper. All the ones we've had since them have been pretty bland or ruined with fussy asymmetric trim in my opinion (although the 2006/07 home was pretty good).

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu

seemed like with the chevron one, however I have a feeling people will take to these new ones. The colour has gone back to a soft red, much much nicer and a nice collar. The away is decent, i dont know how to describe a line with the lighning bolt break in it but its simple enough. No idea on a third jersey as it wasnt being sold at the time when I was there. perhaps a roll over or the all blue will return.

Its coming out in July in canada, not sure about everyone else.

decorativeed

seemed like with the chevron one, however I have a feeling people will take to these new ones. The colour has gone back to a soft red, much much nicer and a nice collar. The away is decent, i dont know how to describe a line with the lighning bolt break in it but its simple enough. No idea on a third jersey as it wasnt being sold at the time when I was there. perhaps a roll over or the all blue will return.

Its coming out in July in canada, not sure about everyone else.
Is the collar a proper collar then? Anything like this new Urawa Red Diamonds shirt?

decorativeed

aye, would say so.
Sounds promising. Actually, I think I would prefer a few years of shite kits that I would not be tempted to buy!

What else do you remember about the away? Does it also have a collar? What colour trim?

decorativeed

So going by MST3K's vague discription, nesxt season's home kit could look something like this, I suppose (obviously there's a lot of guesswork involved):