Manchester United Kits 2011/2012

The Neviller

I think she's wrong on that.

Also, were they photos of the full kit - socks and all?
She could well be, I'm just passing on what I've been told. When she mentioned the blue one she actually said "the away shirt is the same style in blue". I asked about the current blue one and she said it would be out of use, which is why they have reduced it to the same sale price as the current home shirt. I asked if there would be a third kit then, since we always have three, and she said there would be later in the summer but that she didn't know what it was. The home shirt is out at the end of this month.

It was just the shirt mate, no shorts or socks. I was disappointed not to see the socks myself, since I hope they aren't the red ones with white hoops in that picture with United, Arsenal and Barca kits. Though I'm pretty sure they won't be. I think they'd put the wrong socks with the shirts in that set-up, those red socks look like Arsenal change socks, since the socks in their advertising video are white with red hoops.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
fecking disgusting. Whoever designed that should be shot.

Ole90+3

What happened to the days of changing the Home shirt every 2 years?
Glazers

Footballers are very vane people. Of course they care about what they look like on the field. Why do they all wear coloured boots now? It's not just the kits it's all the training gear they get. They can't wait to get there fresh new gear at the beginning of every season.
Well I'm not sure they wear pretty bright boots because they think it suits their eyes. Footballers get paid a lot of money by their sponsors to promote certain football boots by wearing them.

Hate to say this, I aint going to be caught wearing our new kit. Its awful and whoever designed it ought to be punched in the throat.
:lol:

Waltraute

She-Devil
If the shirt features coded dates of all United's triumphs, I'm buying one.
Rest assured it's all woven into the cord. Significant home victories into the home shirt, and aways into the away shirt.

The Manchester Computer -- Bleeding brillliant; died through lack of funding will be embroidered on the back of the collar, of course.

decorativeed

She could well be, I'm just passing on what I've been told. When she mentioned the blue one she actually said "the away shirt is the same style in blue". I asked about the current blue one and she said it would be out of use, which is why they have reduced it to the same sale price as the current home shirt. I asked if there would be a third kit then, since we always have three, and she said there would be later in the summer but that she didn't know what it was. The home shirt is out at the end of this month.

It was just the shirt mate, no shorts or socks. I was disappointed not to see the socks myself, since I hope they aren't the red ones with white hoops in that picture with United, Arsenal and Barca kits. Though I'm pretty sure they won't be. I think they'd put the wrong socks with the shirts in that set-up, those red socks look like Arsenal change socks, since the socks in their advertising video are white with red hoops.
I've just been sent a photo of the away kit. It confirms the leaked info from a few months back, ie white, with a black Nike logo, black Aon logo, a monochrome black United crest and quite an odd collar with red trim. It's not too bad.

There will also be a green version of that keeper's kit.

Heardy

I've just been sent a photo of the away kit. It confirms the leaked info from a few months back, ie white, with a black Nike logo, black Aon logo, a monochrome black United crest and quite an odd collar with red trim. It's not too bad.

So not that blue one? Is the gingham blue kit a keepers top?

You got a picture of the white kit you refer to? I don't recall seeing it. The only one I remember seeing is this one:

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
We're having a picnic when Glazer dies
On the shirt with sarnies and pies

decorativeed

So not that blue one? Is the gingham blue kit a keepers top?

You got a picture of the white kit you refer to? I don't recall seeing it. The only one I remember seeing is this one:

I've been asked to keep it to myself.

That one is just a teamwear kit that was posted on that site as an April Fool.

Baxter

released on the official website. still looks as shit as it originally did.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It says it all that I'm hoping that's another Photoshop job.

Yeah, it's definitely time for a protest with our wallets.

I mean, why would anyone want it anyway?

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Sucks to be you, KM. ;)

The Neviller

So the blue is the keeper kit to go with the home kit?

Strange places that stock these shirts reducing our current away to the same price as a home shirt that will be defunct next season, if it's still going to be in use as our third kit.

Baxter

£50. What a rip off for that dire effort. See you can pre-order with champions sleeve badges. Jumping the gun.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
As to begin with, if you stick a white collar on that, it's probably 'passable'. Can't they stitch their own white collars on it?

decorativeed

Strange places that stock these shirts reducing our current away to the same price as a home shirt that will be defunct next season, if it's still going to be in use as our third kit.
They do the same every year though. Once the season starts, shops will not stock the old away/new third shirts.

JB7

While it doesn't look good, it would have looked 10 times better had they given it cuffs - provided the collar and cuffs were actually white, like they're meant to be.

JB7

Blue is the away keepers kit I think, as the kit shown on the website is green and looks particularly hideous.

Cina

Eurgh, that kit is rotten. I was going to buy this seasons one but not now.

The Neviller

They do the same every year though. Once the season starts, shops will not stock the old away/new third shirts.
That's all well and good, but reducing them and then telling customers they are reduced because they won't be used next season, when it seems like they will, seems like a bad business idea :lol: She specifically told me the current blue away was being replaced by a new blue away, and wouldn't even be used as a third kit because there will be a new third one.

Someone at JJB must have got their wires crossed somewhere.