Manchester United Kits 2018/2019

Prodigy24

Just a question about the player issue kits. Are they availible to buy in the megastore at Old Trafford? And if not, where can I find it in Manchester? There aren't any on the web store which is weird. Going to Old Trafford next month and want to buy the proper authentic version.

Oh, and the pink away shirt is supposedly getting released on tuesday.

Trizy

Just a question about the player issue kits. Are they availible to buy in the megastore at Old Trafford? And if not, where can I find it in Manchester? There aren't any on the web store which is weird. Going to Old Trafford next month and want to buy the proper authentic version.

Oh, and the pink away shirt is supposedly getting released on tuesday.
United official website.

gcook94

I love the 2018/19 kit colours, but Chevrolet is so irrelevant to the UK. When is this sponsorship going to end

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I love the 2018/19 kit colours, but Chevrolet is so irrelevant to the UK. When is this sponsorship going to end
We are broadcasted all over the world, they aren't trying to sell Chevy's to us brits.

I have never understood all these big brands on football kits to be honest. Has anyone ever seen a brand on a football shirt on tv and gone out and bought one of their products ?

jymufc20

You don't think advertising works?
On football kits, no. Have you ever bought a product after seeing a brand on a football shirt ?

Unless I'm the odd one out by watching football you know for the football instead of trying to decide my next purchase.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
On football kits, no. Have you ever bought a product after seeing a brand on a football shirt ?

Unless I'm the odd one out by watching football you know for the football instead of trying to decide my next purchase.
That's not necessarily how advertising works. It's all about creating brand awareness, not necessarily that someone will see the add and think they must go and buy it. Instead, someone looking for a car may consider Chevrolet in their search, whereas they might not have done so before.

jymufc20

That's not necessarily how advertising works. It's all about creating brand awareness, not necessarily that someone will see the add and think they must go and buy it. Instead, someone looking for a car may consider Chevrolet in their search, whereas they might not have done so before.
That's the thing though, with the massive brands like Chevy and lets say for instance Samsung everybody is already aware of them.

This is just my opinion and obviously there must be some gain for these companies otherwise why would they do it.

Just seems daft to me.

van Nistelrooy

A pink Manchester United kit craps all over one of our last traditions (consistent kit colouring).

If it was for a charity I would be more forgiving, but this is just another example of the modern day United. Long live the King!

Rolaholic

A pink Manchester United kit craps all over one of our last traditions (consistent kit colouring).

If it was for a charity I would be more forgiving, but this is just another example of the modern day United. Long live the King!
Tbf,pink kits have become relatively common in recent years. Juventus's away kit from Pogba's last season there was a pretty hot item for a while. Citeh had a pink kit recently and Real had a hot pink one 3-4 seasons back as well. I don't see the big deal,away kits in general don't ever really follow a specific colorway anymore nowadays

I don't mind the subtle pink,it's simple and not too loud

Minimalist

Good grief.

What’s with all the knuckle draggers? It’s the best kit we’ve put out this season.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
When’s the official release? Won’t we have to wear it away to Burnley on the 2nd Sept?

Jcrossley94

That's the thing though, with the massive brands like Chevy and lets say for instance Samsung everybody is already aware of them.

This is just my opinion and obviously there must be some gain for these companies otherwise why would they do it.

Just seems daft to me.
I did my dissertation and 6 months research on exactly this area - does sponsorship of Manchester United work.

And I promise you it works a charm.

decorativeed

What? We've had a grey kit just last year. That crapped on traditions too, didn't it? It was also a far bigger eyesore than this one is.

I'm a traditionalist too, but I don't mind one of the away or third kits being slightly more experimental every now and then. Though, to be honest, I long for a return to the days of Admiral when we kept the same three kits, completely devoid of sponsors logos for five straight seasons.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line

We had a grey kit in the 90s.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Surely it will be available online at some point? Bit daft to make it unattainable to 99.9% of our supporters.

Nick7

Surely it will be available online at some point? Bit daft to make it unattainable to 99.9% of our supporters.
Would assume this is a limited launch with the wide launch being the 18th of September like has been mentioned a few times.

klsv

Back in the day the players played in industrial fecking wool and in boots made of cows so freshly killed they were still able to lactate. No respect for traditions.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Would assume this is a limited launch with the wide launch being the 18th of September like has been mentioned a few times.
Fair enough I just skimmed through. Thought it meant limited as in only that store will sell it

Dudu

Not bad.

Really wish those stripes were black though.

meamth

We are broadcasted all over the world, they aren't trying to sell Chevy's to us brits.

I have never understood all these big brands on football kits to be honest. Has anyone ever seen a brand on a football shirt on tv and gone out and bought one of their products ?
They are not hoping for sales, they are hoping for prestige and recognition that goes along with the club's reputation and fan base.

They paid that sum, they will gain legacy and reputation that will surely enhance their brand's credibility. When people going to buy a Chevy, they will always mention about the prestige that goes along with the club, the pride of being associated to the biggest sports team in the world.

As the prestige grows, the brand grows along with it, and then sales. That's why the next sponsorship deals will always be higher than the previous ones.

SammyUnited_83

Don't be suckered in by the limited edition release line.

Goes on general release on September 13th.