Votes: 5 2.2%
  • 9.) Robin van Persie v Man City

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 10.) Antonio Valencia v Everton

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Hello all, welcome to the Redcafe's favourite goals over the decade voting thread. (Mods please add a poll option!) I know I said this was running till Sunday, but this one is pretty unanimous and I'm not going to have a massive amount of time. The poll for this will close a week today, please get your votes in!

Your nominations:
1.) Wayne Rooney v Manchester City

2.) Henrikh Mkhitaryan v Sunderland

3.) Robin van Persie v Aston Villa

4.) Dimitar Berbatov v Liverpool
(
I would like a better video for this, but can't find another that doesn't include his whole hat trick. If anyone can post it, I will update the thread!)

5.) Marcus Rashford v Chelsea

6.) Anthony Martial v Liverpool

7.) Juan Mata v Liverpool

8.) Patrice Evra v Bayern Munich

9.) Robin van Persie v Man City

10.) Antonio Valencia v Everton

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Mods, don't know if I can be given the option to add polls to threads for the next week or so? Would make it easier.

EngimaMK

Rooney or RVP.

I'm gonna go with rvp because I just think that technique was insane. He still had so much to do... Rooney was also amazing but it fell perfectly for him, he executed it beautifully but there's often an element of hope for the best with an overhead kick. Rvp just struck it so sweetly, plus the assist was amazing too.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Rooney or RVP.

I'm gonna go with rvp because I just think that technique was insane. He still had so much to do... Rooney was also amazing but it fell perfectly for him, he executed it beautifully but there's often an element of hope for the best with an overhead kick. Rvp just struck it so sweetly, plus the assist was amazing too.
You’ll be able to vote soon! I promise!

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
RVP volley for me. Rooney's would have been my number 1 except he really didn't execute very well with the ball hitting his shin, not the instep. It was the most dramatic goal but too much luck involved for me.

Jericholyte2

Has to be Berra vs Pool, taking that cross on the volley, controlling it beautifully then pinging it over the top for the goal.

Berra did a video talking about this and a few other great bits of skill...

AaronRedDevil

Ah this is the hardest answer ever. REALLY like that RVP goal against Villa or Rooney bicycle kick.

Tarrou

I've gone for Rashford

Absolutely incredible free-kick, one of the best I've seen anywhere

Hard to chose between that, Rooney and RVP for me

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
It was Rooney’s until RVP’s against Villa.

Great pass, watches it over his head and catches it perfectly. Masterclass

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Almost voted for Martial because as impressive as all the goals are most if not all were first time strikes which 99/100 go into row z. Maybe because it was one of Martials first games or the opposition but that is one of my favourite goals though. In the end voted for RVP. Coming over his shoulder like that very few players in world football could of scored a goal of that quality.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
There really is only one correct answer here. One of the few goals I've ever watched that literally had me jump out of my seat. Martin Tyler described it best- It defies description.

Not only Utd's goal of the decade but for me the PL goal of the decade.

Rooney vs City.

RUCK4444

Rooney overhead.

Was the very first game my missus saw live at OT.

We were in the stretford end, The noise when it went in was like nothing I’ve ever heard. An absolute punch in the face of instant noise and euphoria, what a day.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I've gone for Rashford

Absolutely incredible free-kick, one of the best I've seen anywhere

Hard to chose between that, Rooney and RVP for me
I've never seen a goal like RvP's anywhere else. Volley on the run with the ball coming from behind you, hitting it that well and scoring from outside the box. It's an amazing goal and I agree with Wayne Rooney himself when he said it's probably the best goal ever scored at Old Trafford.

TrustInOle

In terms of what meant more at the moment of scoring, Rooney against City. In terms of a pure footballing masterpiece, Rvp vs Villa. Worth mentioning though, that goal doesn't happen without Rooney either. Legend to have taken a huge part in the two highest voted goals of the decade.

Went for RVP

momo83

Massive Snowflake
RVP volley for me. Rooney's would have been my number 1 except he really didn't execute very well with the ball hitting his shin, not the instep. It was the most dramatic goal but too much luck involved for me.
Yeah. He shinned it. I think Berbatov and Mata’s were technically better executed. Best RVP... shout out to Martial for most Messi like goal, doing it in the same way Messi did 18 vs biggest rival

Canagel

RVP's volley.

I can't believe some people think Rooney's is better. If you take out the emotion out of it and look at it just technique wise and the difficulty of it it's not even close.

EngimaMK

I honestly hate the "Rooney sinned it bollocks"... Cannot see it myself. I think it was outstanding. If Ronaldo or Messi did identical, nobody would say that. Seems to be an attempt to denigrate an excellent player and amazing goal.

MrVolley

Ronaldo free-kick vs Portsmouth was previous decade . Original technique.
Rashford's equally as good but an imitation so I'll go with that

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Rooney vs City. You have to take into account circumctances around it. An overhead game winning goal against City smashed into the top-corner. The disbilief mixed with screaming and euphoria, back to disbilief... Hart just watching it as it ripped the net, Fergie's and bench reaction, Evra passing by Rooney with his arms on the head looking at the crowd... Just a mesmerizing moment.

Subjectively and being in the away end, Mata beats everything for me, so am going with that one.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Rooneys, I just think it's an incredible goal. The reaction to it from the fans, players and fergie. You just knew you'd witnessed something special. It being the winner in a derby also makes it stand out.

Other favourites from there RVP goal against Villa and Mata vs Liverpool.

Despite being shite we've scored some belters.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I always thought RVPs Vs Villa was technically offside. By about a bootlace mind you.

So went with Rooneys

RetroGlory

Rvp vs villa is number one easily. But his city goal shouldn't even be on the options.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
And with VAR we win the UCL match against Porto, go on to win the final and Jose would have coached elsewhere.

Don’t see the relevance
We're discussing those goals though, where RvP was offside. I'm not sure why it's irrelevance, when people use that "he shinned it" to discredit Rooney's.

Although technically, RvP's was the best. But the Op question was favorite goal.

Last edited:

Josep Dowling

It probably isn’t the best goal but I loved that Evra strike against Bayern. After the awful season we were having under Moyes that brought me pure elation when he hit that in the top bin. The elation lasted all of a minute when Robben equalised.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
We're discussing those goals though, where RvP was offside. I'm not sure why it's irrelevance, when people use that "he shinned it" to discredit Rooney's.

Although technically, RvP's was the best. But the Op question was favorite goal.
Indeed but not favourite goal but it would have been ruled out blah blah

There are loads of worldies that might have been ruled out on technicalities so let’s not bring VAR into it