Manchester United Players on Twitter

Spoony

The People's President
Spoony what the feck happened man? You're one of the more light hearted chAracters at the caf. Taking jokes made on Twitter so seriously?

BTW there's an alphabet limit on Twitter so you have to use text speak quite a bit. If anything I like his tweets for the simple fact that he comes across as a fairy normal person unlike the general perception of footballers being self obsessed prickgss
That was Jo's rant. My gripe isn't with Rio, I just don't understand why anyone over the age of 12 would be interested in his every move. 'Look, Rio's been watching Gay Factor!!' 'OMG he smashed his TV!!'. I think it's intrinsically linked to the cult of the celeb. I find it utterly cringeworthy. As for Rio, you have no idea if he's self obsessed or not....but it matters not. What he does on the pitch does.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He's said countless times on Twitter that he uses text speak due to the character limitations.

To come to the conclusion he's thick by his twitter messages is hardly intelligent in my opinion.
To come to the conclusion that people are finding his twitter messages childish just because he uses text speak is hardly intelligent in my opinion.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Seems like other footballers are getting in on the action.

Jack Wilshere, Jermain Jenas, Jermain Defoe, David Bentley and Aaron Lennon now have twitter accounts.

twitter thread suggester
Apparantly Ferguson is quite interested in the idea of Twitter though as it is good for quick direct contact with fans with no media manipulation.

It's a quick way of nipping rumours in the bud.
Do you have a link, I can't recall having seen Fergie talk about Twitter.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
To come to the conclusion that people are finding his twitter messages childish just because he uses text speak is hardly intelligent in my opinion.
That seems to be what people are saying though? Along with the content of his messages, granted.

I'm guessing you don't use Twitter? His tweets might not be ground breaking but then thats not what Twitter is used for in my experience. I don't think there's anything in Rio's tweets that suggests he's not intelligent.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I personally don't care about text messaging as I use plenty of it in different languages whenever necessary on the internet.It's just the content of Rio's twitter that I find really stupid but then again what was I fecking expecting ?
He's a footballer

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Do you have a link, I can't recall having seen Fergie talk about Twitter.
Nah, like I said it's a rumour, can't remember who told me but IIRC it came up in conversation about Morrison having a facebook account despite them supposedly being banned at united. I think he said he'd heard it on talksport or something. But yeah, rumours and all that.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Well, it's a twitter page, and I'm not sure what to expect of it really. It's like a live feed ticker dedicated to Ferdinand and I guess he's doing well at the moment instead of tweeting, 'alright tweeps 6.45 am, just had my shit, getting ready for training', '7.43 am, parked my car next to wazza, break's good'.

BaldwinLegend

Nobody is slagging off Rio here....
He seems like a nice bloke in interviews but he's probably had very little education and isn't particularly bright, which explains why his tweets (is that what they're called?) sound like they've been written by a 12 year old
He obviously won't have had much of an education, bearing in mind his background and career. Which is why I'm inclined to use it as an excuse for why he "tweets" like a 12 year-old.
I think Rio might class some of that as 'slagging off' actually.

He's already said that he decided to use Twitter in order to connect with people (ie young people) and correct the negative image of footballers the tabloid press try to create (hence his tweets about how he takes the train from Manchester to London rather than a helicopter etc). I'm sure he could tweet with near-perfect grammar on more intellectual topics than the X-Factor if he wanted to or felt the need...

If he sat there creating haiku poems and fine prose it'd be a waste of time - Twitter is still a young person's medium. It makes sense to communicate on it in the same way as everyone else does.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This? Still? Most of the people that are criticising him, don't use Twitter, and have no interest in it.... It's not your thing, so why would you expect to get it?

Some comedian was on G Norton last night making a point of people complaining about what's on TV, when they have a remote in hand and don't have to sit there watching it...

Rio is speaking to his Twitter audience in a way that they can relate to, he clearly enjoys doing it, his followers enjoy it, and it's harmless.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
rioferdy5 Rio Ferdinand

@redcafe fcuk off tards, lolz!!1

wr8_utd

:'(
Talking of twitter, Arsenal's Benik afobe played in a reserve or youth game or something and scored two and set up two. He got taken off when they were winning 6-1 and he's tweeting while the match is on :lol:
Benik > rio

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Rio spends so much time on twitter there is simply no way he hasn't heard of redcafe. I'm actually convinced he visits us here and there

hi there rio de janeiro!

puNANI

What the fecks Jack Wilshere doing on twitter at his age, achieve something first lad then broadcast yourself cockchops.
What else is a youngster going to do with his free time? A lot of 18 year olds use twitter. Just because he is a professional player it doesn't mean he can't live a normal life..

MacMUFC

I was looking for a video of that apparent 'foul' yesterday, but I've just realised him saying 'silks' in last nights interview :lol: It was obviously forced though, I think he said it just to post it about it on Twitter!

Rahul

Rioferdy5: 3points tweeps...nice way 2 start new year! Ugly win but 3points are on the board! Dissapointed 2 give away a pen but we drove on from there.

wr8_utd

:'(
Rio conceded a foul today as well. Was shocked :eek:

From Liverpool forward Ryan Babel on Twitter: "And they call him one of the best referees. That's a joke smh [shaking my head].

Spoony

The People's President
"To be in the 4th round is what we wanted and what we got, such a great feeling to win against one of our fiercest rivals. Definate penalty."

He can't spell....

Can someone point it out on his Twitter page?

much obliged.

Alek M

Da manic one
I need twitter help

I was subscribed to the MUFS_Updates list but the same twits would show up few times which was irritating given the bollocks and rummors we are connected to. How can I eliminate the double posts? Any other good way to keep up with United news?

Lynott

Twitter is the perfect tool to give stupid people enough rope to hang themselves.

Conversational humour and tongue in cheek remarks DO NOT work on Twitter. You are not talking to your mates down the pub.

Devils Advocate

I'd guessed Anderson so I'm feeling semi-smug now. Smug I knew it, lessened by the fact I follow footballers on twitter.