Manchester United Players on Twitter

Rahul

Rioferdy5: I'm cool tweeps, had a tight hamstring so boss took me off as a precaution. Through to the knockout rounds, well done the boys!

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
rioferdy5 Rio Ferdinand
RT @sizzler_xanadu: Hey, @rioferdy5, did you have an erection when you were subbed last night?»» Hey,Why u watching them regions bro!?

Rahul

Piers Morgan tweets:

# Right, off to catch plane. Sincerely hope @rioferdy5 sharpens his act up by Monday night or could be humiliating for the poor old chap. half a minute ago via web

@rioferdy5 You'll know all about huffing and puffing on Monday night, trust me Rio. 3 minutes ago via web in reply to rioferdy5

@RobbieSavage8 Tell you what Robbie, you're ten times as smart as @rioferdy5 - really disappointed to see how dim he is on Twitter. 12 minutes ago via web in reply to RobbieSavage8

Thought @rioferdy5 was supposed to be Twitter king? His 'banter' makes @Lord_Sugar look like Shakespeare. 20 minutes ago via web

@rioferdy5 Which, ironically, is exactly what you're going to resemble on Monday night - you're just too old for our lighting young Guns.

Rio Ferdinand tweets

@piersmorgan zzzzzz!! U are obviously new 2 this twitter lark! Your huffing+puffing like u just got off a treadmill!!

@piersmorgan u seem awkward trying 2 banter me...like an old uncle at a wedding trying 2 keep up with the youngsters on the dance floor!

# @piersmorgan by the way that's 2 in 2weeks - the twitfam #MOVEMENT are consistent!! 36 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter in reply to piersmorgan

@piersmorgan haha u finished below me AGAIN-while ya down there clean my Nike trainers fella The twitfam #MOVEMENT were out in force for #FF

Ermm....."banter" Don't know why Rio has given Piers face-like-a-scrotum Morgan even an ounce of his time. The pleb simply isn't worth it.

Also this:

piersmorgan

I will give £1000 to Great Ormond St for every goal Arsenal score at United on Monday that is specifically the fault of @rioferdy5

wr8_utd

:'(
rioferdy5 @3gerardpique welcome 2 twitter bro, what took u so long?! Have u messed up any lockers in the changing rooms lately?! Brrrrap !!

3gerardpique @rioferdy5 i'm lost here!! Doesn't know how it
works..Lockers are safe now without me!!Maybe i'm coming on monday to see u against Arsenal!!

wr8_utd

rioferdy5 Pies...I mean piers have a safe flight! Remember @piersmorgan go for the Diet pepsi over the full fat pepsi!!

:lol:

Rahul

@Rioferdy5: Pies...I mean piers have a safe flight! Remember @piersmorgan go for the Diet pepsi over the full fat pepsi!! 2 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter

RT @Ginger_Geovanni: @rioferdy5 Vs @piersmorgan Is Like Haye - Audley All Over Again»» hahaha piers hasn't landed a punch on me yet!
We REALLY need to win this match. Too much talking going on. The hype is already up there.

twitter thread suggester
rioferdy5 @3gerardpique welcome 2 twitter bro, what took u so long?! Have u messed up any lockers in the changing rooms lately?! Brrrrap !!

3gerardpique @rioferdy5 i'm lost here!! Doesn't know how it
works..Lockers are safe now without me!!Maybe i'm coming on monday to see u against Arsenal!!
Aww. Mark Howard recently said Pique is the craziest footballer he has ever played with, sounds like smashing lockers was one of his things.

The other stuff with Piers Morgan is just cringeworthy.

wr8_utd

So we should ban Rio's tweets in a thread that says "Rio on Twitter" ? :confused:

wr8_utd

I like following fifty cent's twitter, he's hilarious

Kanye sometimes for any meltdowns

And Drake

Rio seems a funny lad, I like his personality
50 cent is an idiot. Sometimes I'm not sure if that's really his account or not! :D

MacMUFC

We should ban his tweets on Redcafe.

It makes this place look like it's populated by 12 year old girls.

Oh wait....
You of all people claiming this place is populated by 12 year old girls, when you've probably got the most childest sense of humour on here... :lol:

Some people need to lighten up, i'm not sure what people are expecting from Rio using twitter. He always comes across as a bloke you'd wanna hang out with on a night out.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
You of all people claiming this place is populated by 12 year old girls, when you've probably got the most childest sense of humour on here... :lol:

Some people need to lighten up, i'm not sure what people are expecting from Rio using twitter. He always comes across as a bloke you'd wanna hang out with on a night out.
Comes across as a nice bloke whenever I've seen him interviewed.

Comes across as having the mental age of a 12 year old from the Twatter nonsense in this thread.

DocRockter

The best thing about Rio twitter messages is that he is very open about his tweeting.. When he got hurt in the Valencia game(and some game before) he himself said that it wasn't anything serious just hours after the game.. That was very good info and important to me at least.

yeah he is a part of the hippity hoppity brigade and definately writes like a one, but that's fine if you´re Rio Ferdinand...

BTW did Ronaldo answer his tweet or did he leave Rio hanging.. HAH

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
@rioferdy5 said:
**** see Zat Knight there?? Looks like a bird aimed n fired its doo doo on his head!! Some1 tell him please...!!!!
@rioferdy5 said:
**** else agree that owen coyle + darren fletcher look like father+son! Hahhaahaa!
@rioferdy5 said:
Good to see lamps+dawson back after injury. Anelka looks like he shines his head, its glowing!
@rioferdy5 said:
Defoe what a great ball - pav(can't spell the rest) with a proper finish. What a start....
:lol:

The man would be perfect for the Generals if he would stop with his textspeech

Spoony

The People's President
You'd ban him for being a Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime... come to think of it you probably did, which is why he's on twitter.
Even though this place is full of spastics, I doubt Rio and his comedy gold would make it past the newbies.

Lolz! sh!t I've just f@rted lolz! I'm so sufffering from aspergers lolZ!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Spoony what the feck happened man? You're one of the more light hearted chAracters at the caf. Taking jokes made on Twitter so seriously?

BTW there's an alphabet limit on Twitter so you have to use text speak quite a bit. If anything I like his tweets for the simple fact that he comes across as a fairy normal person unlike the general perception of footballers being self obsessed prickgss

MacMUFC

Spoony what the feck happened man? You're one of the more light hearted chAracters at the caf. Taking jokes made on Twitter so seriously?

BTW there's an alphabet limit on Twitter so you have to use text speak quite a bit. If anything I like his tweets for the simple fact that he comes across as a fairy normal person unlike the general perception of footballers being self obsessed prickgss
Exactly, but obviously Rio isnt cool enough to be accepted by a bloke called spoon on the Internet.

MacMUFC

Spoony's a good poster. I guess I'm least interested in whether his (Rio) jokes are funny or not. I just like how normal he comes across as. I don't read his tweets very often but the other day he tweeted that 'no match for us today, so laying back and enjoying soccer Saturday with juice+remote within an arms reach' (or something like that). I just like the normalcy of that tweet. Because a lot of us were doing the exact same thing. He comes across very well IMO, very different from his image a few years back.
I agee, thats what I said a couple of days ago. BTW, if you havent already seen it, you should watch Ryan and Rio at the carrington training ground, definitely gives you an insight into their personalities (Ryan you little flirt, i'm looking at you!) as well as their life off the pitch (sort of).

I just find the whole "he's not funny so I dont like him thing" going on a bit pathetic. Finding someone unfunny isnt really a good reason to dislike someone. And to be fair to Ferdinand, theres a low character limit on statuses using Twitter, which would explain some of the text speak at times, nevertheless, I dont see the big deal about getting your knickers in a twist over saying '2 day' or 'u', i've got enough to worry about.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
When did anyone say they "don't like" Rio because of the nonsense he posts on twitter?

He seems like a nice bloke in interviews but he's probably had very little education and isn't particularly bright, which explains why his tweets (is that what they're called?) sound like they've been written by a 12 year old (and no, not just because he uses txt speak) When he talks about football it's interesting to hear what's going on but do people really find his lame "jokes" about Piers Morgan or X-Factor funny enough to cross post on here? I mean, really?

Nobody is slagging off Rio here, just bemused about people seeming to find incredibly juvenile humour pant-wettingly funny.

Godfather

When did anyone say they "don't like" Rio because of the nonsense he posts on twitter?

He seems like a nice bloke in interviews but he's probably had very little education and isn't particularly bright, which explains why his tweets (is that what they're called?) sound like they've been written by a 12 year old (and no, not just because he uses txt speak) When he talks about football it's interesting to hear what's going on but do people really find his lame "jokes" about Piers Morgan or X-Factor funny enough to cross post on here? I mean, really?

Nobody is slagging off Rio here, just bemused about people seeming to find incredibly juvenile humour pant-wettingly funny.
Well he is a footballer after all, so no surprise there.

MacMUFC

I'm trying not to sound sarcastic, but calling someone a spastic, a Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime or just generally insulting someone normally implies that you dont like them. Thats why I said it.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi

I don't think you can ascertain what sort of education someone has had from their tweets, fb statutes or other social network devices

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I think the main reason he uses text speak on twitter is because he is character limited, which was why text speak itself first came about. There's no excuse for it on places like the caf but when you only have 140 characters or whatever it is then I reckon it's pretty straightforward why it's used. Plus there are plenty of times when he doesn't use it.

As for his intelligence, he comes across well in interviews and usually seems to be quite articulate.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Wonder what Fergie makes of it?
I've heard rumours that Ferguson warned him that he is to be careful when using it, no talk of anything negative about the team, club or it's owners. Apparantly Ferguson is quite interested in the idea of Twitter though as it is good for quick direct contact with fans with no media manipulation.

It's a quick way of nipping rumours in the bud.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
I think the main reason he uses text speak on twitter is because he is character limited, which was why text speak itself first came about. There's no excuse for it on places like the caf but when you only have 140 characters or whatever it is then I reckon it's pretty straightforward why it's used. Plus there are plenty of times when he doesn't use it.

As for his intelligence, he comes across well in interviews and usually seems to be quite articulate.
He's said countless times on Twitter that he uses text speak due to the character limitations.

To come to the conclusion he's thick by his twitter messages is hardly intelligent in my opinion.