Manchester United reaches agreement for Sir Jim Ratcliffe to acquire 25% of the company

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teja

Let's fecking go! First thing I want to hear is Murtough out, followed by Ten Hag when we have a plan.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
At fecking last, now bring on the revival please.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Does it really mean anything? Glazers are still the overlords. Ineos/Ratcliffe is just some vassal.
He's in charge of football operations, it will hopefully be an improvement in team performance in the longer term.

Marcelinho87

Does it really mean anything? Glazers are still the overlords. Ineos/Ratcliffe is just some vassal.
They arent, individually he owns more and they don’t all agree on things so as a group they don’t count.

He controls the footballing side, in black and white signed and sealed.

He won’t need or have to report anything to the Glazers.

AFC NimbleThumb

I called this deal turkeys voting for christmas so it’s funny this has come out when it has.

I’m waiting for all the, ‘this is a good deal cause he’ll be getting full control eventually’ brigade to perform their world class gymnastics on this one.

Clearly says ‘acquire up to 25%’, you’ve literally backed the Glazers staying in charge indefinitely.

Merry Christmas Glazers.

Gavinb33

I called this deal turkeys voting for christmas so it’s funny this has come out when it has.

I’m waiting for all the, ‘this is a good deal cause he’ll be getting full control eventually’ brigade to perform their world class gymnastics on this one.

Clearly says ‘acquire up to 25%’, you’ve literally backed the Glazers staying in charge indefinitely.

Merry Christmas Glazers.
The Glazers do not want to sell so what do you do

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
as I said, will be backed by INEOS, not officially but through the back door.
That doesn’t make any sense but ok, I can’t be arsed getting into a a circular argument with no foundation.

I’m simply stating the fact that the minority ownership that results from this deal is owned by SJR personally, and not Ineos.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Merry Christmas Glazers.
Feels like they’ve been here forever anyway.

The “delegated responsibility … all aspects of the men’s and women’s operations and Academies” bit is the important bit and I’m sure someone like Ratcliffe would have got the wording of that VERY clearly laid down

spiriticon

If the Glazers aren't in charge of football operations, that's really the improvement we need.

As owners they don't really have a problem with throwing money around blindly, they just need some guidance on how to throw it around.

And if we do well enough to make them a big profit on a full sale, they will do it.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United

Merry Christmas Glazers.
We're not becoming a state sponsored sports washing project and the Glazers have lost some control. That's a win for now.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Lovely. Hope he initiates a revolution at the club but with the Glazers still there, can’t help but feel their presence / ownership / connections will continue to create problems.

Red Star One

It’s very Christmasy, because both Glazers haters and Glazers themselves will take it as a good news.

I try to stay positive, too :lol:

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!

Merry Christmas Glazers.
Precisely. They've gotten a cash injection to allow them to retain control of the club and a figure-head in Ratcliffe who'll also serve as a shield for on-field performances.

No debt is being wiped out and $300m is a drop in the bucket when you look at big infrastructural changes which are required both for the stadium as well as academy.

Ahmer Baig

Good. Finally lets hope there are competent people running football affairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.