g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Manchester United sign Raphael Varane! (not in time for Leeds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darioterios

I’m more curious how the photo was taken as he’s in quarantine. Did his wife take it or he set himself up with a self-timer? Did he post it himself or he sent it to utdreport?
In case I am missing any white text, it was on his Insta stories. Most certainly was his wife.

Andersons Dietician

Was thinking wouldn’t it be a disaster if god forbid he failed his medical. Looks like he has digs already in Manchester and isn’t staying in a hotel. Would imagine it’s a rental of course. But seems strange we wouldn’t get the medical done elsewhere instead of having to wait for him to finish a quarantine before he can do it.

A-man

Was thinking wouldn’t it be a disaster if god forbid he failed his medical. Looks like he has digs already in Manchester and isn’t staying in a hotel. Would imagine it’s a rental of course. But seems strange we wouldn’t get the medical done elsewhere instead of having to wait for him to finish a quarantine before he can do it.
I guess we want our own medical team to do it and we don’t want to fly them to Spain and then have them in quarantine.
Has it ever happened that a signing of an elite player has been stopped because he failed the medical? I can’t remember any.

Jacob

I guess we want our own medical team to do it and we don’t want to fly them to Spain and then have them in quarantine.
Has it ever happened that a signing of an elite player has been stopped because he failed the medical? I can’t remember any.
If he fails the medical then that's good news either way, we're not signing damaged goods.

Steve 007

Van Nisterlooy failed for us and we had to wait a year.

Andersons Dietician

Wasn’t there someone not long ago who Liverpool were trying to buy and then he failed the medical due to a dodgy knee. There was certainly someone not that long ago in the Premiership but then I feel like that player passed a medical elsewhere and moved to the other team. Or am I thinking of Fekir.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Like Sancho this one feels a bit boring now, the announcement was ages ago

HBFSTR00

Supports
Ten hag
Someone told me that’s the Old Trafford Lego on the floor next to the baby chair. Haven’t got it personally so anyone can confirm if it looks like it?
I think it is, the bags and white box in the back definitely looks like it.

A-man

Someone told me that’s the Old Trafford Lego on the floor next to the baby chair. Haven’t got it personally so anyone can confirm if it looks like it?
I’m almost 100% it is. Bag 20 in the OT set is almost full of red bricks and in the photo, it looks like it says bag 20 on the bag with lots of red.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

If he is in quarantine for 5 days does it end tomorrow or Wednesday? Because he arrived on Thursday would it include Thirsday as well?

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Covid towers :lol:

I think it was reported that his medical is due Wednesday or Thursday so that's when his quarantine is over.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Van Nistelrooy? He only came here a year later.

Chris Byland too, but he never recovered.

A-man

If he fails the medical then that's good news either way, we're not signing damaged goods.
Yes that’s true!
Van Nisterlooy failed for us and we had to wait a year.
Van Nistelrooy? He only came here a year later.

Chris Byland too, but he never recovered.
Forgot about him and must admit I don’t remember the details, but wasn’t he recovering from a know injury?

Wasn’t there someone not long ago who Liverpool were trying to buy and then he failed the medical due to a dodgy knee. There was certainly someone not that long ago in the Premiership but then I feel like that player passed a medical elsewhere and moved to the other team. Or am I thinking of Fekir.
I think it was Fekir who failed because of a bad knee and was never signed by Liverpool.

RedDevilRoshi

It was Loic Remy who failed his medical at Liverpool. He then signed for Chelsea.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Forgot about him and must admit I don’t remember the details, but wasn’t he recovering from a know injury?
No, van Nistelrooy's was a surprise. We detected something off, sent him home and days later he broke down in training, as a PSV player. That's what you have medicals for.

It was the next year that we signed him after that known injury. See his own account here

Byland, same thing. It was a big deal at the time, the Caf went into meltdown when he failed his medical, then lo and behold, spent his entire career ijured and retired in the Serbian League or something similarly obscure. Up there with Luiz Ronaldo in the "what may have been" stakes.

A-man

No, van Nistelrooy's was a surprise. We detected something off, sent him home and days later he broke down in training, as a PSV player. That's what you have medicals for.

It was the next year that we signed him after that known injury. See his own account here

Byland, same thing. It was a big deal at the time, the Caf went into meltdown when he failed his medical, then lo and behold, spent his entire career ijured and retired in the Serbian League or something similarly obscure. Up there with Luiz Ronaldo in the "what may have been" stakes.
Thanks for filling in my knowledge gaps and the link; was an interesting read. Really shows how important the medical is, especially if we look at how Byland ended up.

Status
Not open for further replies.