Manchester United sign Raphael Varane! (not in time for Leeds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobbieBerns

Why are people getting upset? He was never going to be ready for Leeds anyway
He easily could have. Between the quarantine, visa hold up, and apparent contract details that had to be ironed out he’s missed really valuable time that should’ve been spent training with the group and prepping for the season.

diarm

People have absolutely no idea what caused the hold ups, yet they simply can't wait to find something to get hysterical about.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Lukaku won’t be involved for their opening game. Aren’t they amazing?
Lukaku's deal was first confirmed this weekend and announced today.

We ourselves announced Varane three weeks ago. Try again and maybe make a valid point.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Lukaku's deal was first confirmed this weekend and announced today.

We ourselves announced Varane three weeks ago. Try again and maybe make a valid point.
So what do you think has actually happened here?

HailtotheKing

The pre season schedule is a bit weird like. Everton have had less game than us where it seems Liverpool and Leeds had loads. Cant be arsed checking the rest like haha. I doubt many teams have had their first team getting games together though so it shouldn't be too much of a worry.
True, but City, Chelsea, Liverpool are a well-oiled machine. We're introducing a new defender and adjusting our system. Supposedly going to a 433. These kinda things need working on, no? And drumming into the players. Hard to do that when we don't have them.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I am not paid to guess or arrange our transfer business. I don't know.

But what I do know is that United have had this propaganda about a quick and efficient window and yet we've signed one player who won't be fully ready for the first game. Our second player might even be in doubt for Southampton.

Are we not supposed to have sorted out dealings and challenge for the league? These points count as much as the ones against City and Pool.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Hearing Varane has had a change of heart about which car to drive to Carrington these first few weeks with the lads

HailtotheKing

Possibly we're just waiting for some clear space to maximise media when we announce it. No point doing it on the same day Chelsea announce Lukaku.
Which is all fine, so long as he can train with the team. So, how would that work in practice? Medicals have been done but unless the contract has been signed, he's not a United player and can't train. If all we're waiting for is the announcement, no worries. But if we are genuinely dragging it out to give it maximum news value, that would be absolutely ridiculous. And if it was really true that there were still a few things to iron out on his contract, that's also shocking, considering the amount of time we've had due to Covid and Brexit laws. It's not just about people being impatient for the next new toy.

edcunited1878

Not bothered he hasn't been able to link up with the squad as of yet. It's a long term gain for some very short term "pain". Allow him to get settled on a personal/family basis and then get into it with the squad.

This is a winner and top player. United are still a good team without Varane, but obviously with him takes them up another level.

SATA

Lindelof is fine for a game and he's fit. No point subbing on a CB just to see him in the shirt for the first game. The target now should be getting him fit and sharp for the second game

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

But what I do know is that United have had this propaganda about a quick and efficient window and yet we've signed one player who won't be fully ready for the first game. Our second player might even be in doubt for Southampton.

Are we not supposed to have sorted out dealings and challenge for the league? These points count as much as the ones against City and Pool.
Oh for christ sakes relax.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

ITS THE feckING PANDEMIC AND BREXIT FOR feck SAKE

Rolaholic

Again, fully expecting another Friday announcement since that's what we've been doing recently.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The word spoilt comes to mind.
How exactly? We never win anything. If we are spoilt what on earth are City/Bayern/PSG fans?

Varane is a United player anyway. The club, as we know, are very strategic about official announcements. They want to generate the much traction & engagement as possible. We don’t care about that shit but shareholders do. My prediction is tomorrow at 5pm.

Dve

Propaganda? :confused: What kind of propaganda? Any examples of that?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Are you actually being serious? Like legit?

RedDevilRoshi

So folk are crying like spoilt toddlers behind a keyboard/phone because some French guy isn’t wearing a Man Utd top and speaking with Stewart Gardiner or Mark Sullivan?

Giggsy13

When lindelof gets outmuscled by Bamford on a set piece for Leeds equalizing goal, we’ll all be clamouring for Varane!

madzo2007

Imagine getting worked up that the club hasn't published a video on twitter with a player in a shirt

With Brexit & Covid things are going to take longer especially signing foreign players. Lukaku's could have happened quicker because he might be fully jabbed, he has history living in the UK for years so a visa would not take as long where Varane might not have been jabbed, has to quarantine, and needs to get all the visa paperwork for him and his family.

hobbers

He was never going to be starting against Leeds regardless so not sure what the histrionics are about.

Announcement like this seems inevitable for Friday prime time.

Rolaholic

Heaton was announced on a Friday, so was Sancho. Expecting us to do the same with Varane tomorrow

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Richard Arnold will be talking about the 'announce Varane' social media engagements at the next investors call. Most discussed transfer of the UK transfer window...

Status
Not open for further replies.