Manchester United sign Raphael Varane! (not in time for Leeds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
This most definitely has to do with Varane's image rights, which are seemingly more complicated than United anticipated.

This will eventually get done, but it's clear that United wanting to own all of their players' image rights will result in these sort of delays.
Eh? United don’t own players image rights.

Josep Dowling

Regardless of the situation with Varane’s contracts it’s yet another season when new signings have come in, only to miss the beginning of the season. In reality if he hasn’t trained with the squad how long will it until he’s match fit? Why can’t he train whilst the contract is being sorted out? Same thing happened to Cavani last season. It’s poor management by the club.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Honestly we may as well pull out and sign Lewis Dunk

This guy has achieved too much and can't be bothered playing against Leeds. It's Schweinsteiger all over again.

Glorio

OT reveal - straight sub from the stands while we're hanging to a one goal lead and being given the runaround by Bamford and co :drool:

All the screens light up with his intro video as he comes in and calms the whole backline down, topping it all off by scoring a header just as the video ends, timing his run perfectly with his reveal shenanigans on the screen.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Regardless of the situation with Varane’s contracts it’s yet another season when new signings have come in, only to miss the beginning of the season. In reality if he hasn’t trained with the squad how long will it until he’s match fit? Why can’t he train whilst the contract is being sorted out? Same thing happened to Cavani last season. It’s poor management by the club.
Cavani was in negotiation with Atletico and it somehow didn't materialize. One of the rumour was that they couldn't find a taker for Diego Costa.

bludsucker

Can image rights scupper the deal like it did for dybala? I am getting serious jitters now about this deal.

Satissh12

@UtdDistrict: ️ The hold-up with Raphaël Varane's transfer to #mufc is believed to have been resolved. Now it is a case of when United decide to announce it. [Samuel Luckhurst, MEN]

Dare to Zlatan

Supports
Zlatan
This always felt like the announcement was being held back just in case there was a poor result later today, something to distract the fans later.

all about that positive PR

Doig1888

Supports
Celtic
Hi lads,

I'm heading down to Manchester next week from Scotland, and had booked in for the OT tour on Tuesday at 12pm. Recieved an email this morning from the club saying that due to a "special event" the tunnel, dugout and changing rooms were restricted access, but that we could still be in attendance for it all, or alternatively move the time slot as to gain full access. Reckon it's the Varane announcement/social media jargon? I thought the deal would've been done by now, but they're staying pretty tight-lipped when I replied asking what the event was.

Any help/advice/ITK would be appreciated!

dove

Will announce after we lose against Leeds to soften the blow.

Giggsy13

@UtdDistrict: ️ The hold-up with Raphaël Varane's transfer to #mufc is believed to have been resolved. Now it is a case of when United decide to announce it. [Samuel Luckhurst, MEN]

Announce it at the half of the Leeds game today in front of a packed OT.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
I’m sure Jake Humphreys has just said he’s being brought out soon

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Eh? United don’t own players image rights.
I should have mentioned that I may have been wrong in my previous post. Fair enough if that's the case. On that note, then, I wonder what work United would need to do regarding the players' image rights. Would it have something to do with how they'd make those payments?

hobbers

They'll announce it this evening. If we win it's good if we lose it's a nice distraction for the media team to use.

Crustanoid

Maybe he's already on the pitch? Disguised as the ref. Will unveil his disguise after awarding some dodgy decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.