Manchester United sign Raphael Varane! (not in time for Leeds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I love the fact we seem to be buying players who actually want to come here instead of because we're willing to outbid the market for them.

Feels much more familiar.
This. Feels like we're putting emphasis on personality as well.

I like to think while he was watching videos of our defending last year, guy thought to himself feck it it's time for me to step up and bring the club I had a soft spot for back to where it should belong.

USREDEVIL

Their whole modus operandi is to do just enough to get people to think this. Then sit back, do nothing more and let the ATM machine spit out money for themselves until things get ugly again. Rinse/repeat.
You could be right. Or wrong. Let's see how things play out a bit. I've no idea what's in their minds.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I love the fact we seem to be buying players who actually want to come here instead of because we're willing to outbid the market for them.

Feels much more familiar.
Pay cheque more than helps in Varane's case

joso157

AWB offers no attack, but even defensively, he showed some atrocious positioning and even King Harry was not seen as best PL defender prior to the EC, and with good reason.
He got the same amount of assists as Shaw last season and his stats are comfortably on par with Gary Neville whose widely considered the best right back we've had. Bare in mind he's only 23 and will most likely have sancho in front of him most of this season too, those numbers are only going in one direction.

VivaRonaldo85

Get in! When did we last sign someone still in their prime from Real Madrid or Barca?! Exciting back 4 we have now.

Varanchester United here we go (absolutely terrible)

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
It's been widely reported that we've agreed terms with Varane. It's just due to covid restrictions that we can't finalize that piece and the medical. As you know, clubs like to have the contract signed as a photo op.

Also, you say exposed with cock in hand like it's a bad thing.
I still remember Mikel, Essien, Robben, Ronaldinho and Ruud before him. Both Mikel and Ruud would be comparable, but the other three I'm still pissed off about. Fecking Kenyon, fecking amateur Board not knowing what he was up to. :mad:

I think a club the size of ours getting caught bollocks naked holding a (very flaccid) cock isn't a marketers dream.

Last edited:

Chief123

Manchester United is delighted to announce the club has reached agreement with Real Madrid for the transfer of French international defender and World Cup winner, Raphaël Varane, subject to a medical and to player terms being finalised.

Mental, can quite easily end up exposed with cock in hand
This deal is done mate. Relax.

ElectroManiac

The thing that surprise the most after watching some Youtube videos is how good his passing is with his two feets.

He was pinpointing long passes to the wings with the left and the right.

Barthez

When was the last time we actually signed an established world class centre back? I actually can’t think of one.

Ferdinand and Stam went on to be world class, but I wouldn’t say they were established as world class when we signed them. Just very good players with lots of potential.
William Prunier?

Glorio

Finally, a proper world-class defender, CL and WC-winner none the less. This place has deluded itself into thinking that players like Shaw and Maguire are «world-class», it will not take long until the same people see what true ability really is. Magnificent signing, hats off.
If Shaw is not a world class LB, I'd be intrigued to see what one looks like

Macern

Pee pee pants
We’ve got two good goalkeepers, currently the best left back in the world, arguably two of the best 5 center backs in the world and also an emerging Wan-Bissaka who you’d assume would improve playing next to Varane and behind Sancho.

Hopefully we can add a top class midfielder, get Pogba on a new contract and sign a right back. Or at least one of those three things and I’ll be happy.

Jericho

Hard to believe it happened. It's the kind of unrealistic signing you'd make in Fifa. Great stuff.

Maxii

Paad
This window is a fantasy. Someone is about to pinch me and I’ll wake up

RuudTom83

Time to dust off the Phil Jagielka tapes ready for Varane’s first day of training…buzzing!

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Just another Brilliant signing, this is a huge statement "We want Our League Title Back

Status
Not open for further replies.