Kick-off
Sat, 4 April 2015 @ 3:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 62 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MUFCgal

If everybody is fit, the same team as the last 2 matches please, and also the same tactics, which is the best football we've played all season. He'd be mad to change it.

Nickosaur

Can't flipping wait for this. Although for some reason I haven't found this international break as soul-soul-destroyingly awful as previous breaks.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
    Supports
    Big Days
    If everybody is fit, the same team as the last 2 matches please, and also the same tactics, which is the best football we've played all season. He'd be mad to change it.
    It'll be difficult to play the same tactics considering Villa will play very differently to Tottenham and Liverpool. Expect 10 camped behind the ball and the 11th player wearing gloves.

Xaviesta

Supports
    Barcelona
    Can't flipping wait for this. Although for some reason I haven't found this international break as soul-soul-destroyingly awful as previous breaks.
    I've found it super boring. The point end of the football season and they have an international break.

red_devil83

It'll be difficult to play the same tactics considering Villa will play very differently to Tottenham and Liverpool. Expect 10 camped behind the ball and the 11th player wearing gloves.
    I actually think they'll attack us. It's Tim Sherwood.

ManUSarge

Had a dream last night that I was watching this match and we were losing. I woke up relieved that it was a dream. Too long without football :lol: Aston Villa is one we have to win if we want to push for higher than 4th. Our run in is difficult and we cannot drop points to Villa.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
    Staff
    Score predictions so far is a landslide victory for us! :lol:

We better not mess this one up :nervous:

DB17

I have read from many of you that ADM shouldn't play and we should keep a winning team. ADM has not become a poor player over the last few months. We need to realise that he hasnt settled in as well as he would have hoped. He has been burgled and been injured/suspended too. Let's get behind this superstar that we have in our team! This time last year, EVERY one of us would have begged for ADM to be our player. I feel he needs to play against Villa. He is quick and direct and Villa are weak defensively. Let him build his confidence to be ready for City and Chelsea. As much as I love Mata, he will not get the space he needs against those two teams. We need ADM ready and firing by then! 4-3-3 against Villa. DDG, Valencia, Smalling, Jones, Blind, Carrick, Herrera, Fellaini, Young, ADM, Rooney. I would be tempted to give Falcao a run!

FacerTheRed

I have read from many of you that ADM shouldn't play and we should keep a winning team. ADM has not become a poor player over the last few months. We need to realise that he hasnt settled in as well as he would have hoped. He has been burgled and been injured/suspended too. Let's get behind this superstar that we have in our team! This time last year, EVERY one of us would have begged for ADM to be our player. I feel he needs to play against Villa. He is quick and direct and Villa are weak defensively. Let him build his confidence to be ready for City and Chelsea. As much as I love Mata, he will not get the space he needs against those two teams. We need ADM ready and firing by then! 4-3-3 against Villa. DDG, Valencia, Smalling, Jones, Blind, Carrick, Herrera, Fellaini, Young, ADM, Rooney. I would be tempted to give Falcao a run!
    You're right in the way putting ADM in the starting line up to build his confident back up and settle in quicker, but i dont think its nothing to do with lack of confidence. As you have seen throughout this season, Di Maria has shifted in different positions, from LW, RW, CM, CAM even ST!

LVG is trying to find how he can play him and keep the balance within the team. I doubt everyone is saying Di Maria has had a poor season, guy is like 2nd most claimed assisted goals this season so far i think, which isnt bad from the amount of minutes he's played. Tbh i would play him but with Mata who has been so influential in previous games, i cant see ADM replacing him atm. Its one of those hard decisions that LVG has to make, ethier drop a talented, British transfer record signing to the bench or drop a player who has been you're most influential, in form players in the last 2 previous games who also scored a cracking goal against the scouse. Hard choice to make there. The only way you can play Di Maria and Mata is if only to drop Herrera which i cant see that happening. :/

podurban2

You're right in the way putting ADM in the starting line up to build his confident back up and settle in quicker, but i dont think its nothing to do with lack of confidence. As you have seen throughout this season, Di Maria has shifted in different positions, from LW, RW, CM, CAM even ST!

LVG is trying to find how he can play him and keep the balance within the team. I doubt everyone is saying Di Maria has had a poor season, guy is like 2nd most claimed assisted goals this season so far i think, which isnt bad from the amount of minutes he's played. Tbh i would play him but with Mata who has been so influential in previous games, i cant see ADM replacing him atm. Its one of those hard decisions that LVG has to make, ethier drop a talented, British transfer record signing to the bench or drop a player who has been you're most influential, in form players in the last 2 previous games who also scored a cracking goal against the scouse. Hard choice to make there. The only way you can play Di Maria and Mata is if only to drop Herrera which i cant see that happening. :/

There is no reason why LvG can't drop Young and replace him with Di Maria. Although he was only forced to do that against Liverpool due to Young getting a small injury it would make a lot of sense keeping Mata on the pitch to play our best starting XI.

Ashley Young is falling off IMO, and that LW spot is wide open for Di Maria to claim in the last games of the season. Besides, at Real Madrid he played on the left side, so that is arguably where he may be best.

Oneunited26

Many forget we have been pretty damn good at old Trafford against the smaller teams especially, apart from one or 2 hiccups, we have been consistent

Gerald G

De Gea
    Valencia--Jones--Smalling--Blind
    Carrick
    Herrera--Fellaini
    Mata--Rooney--Young

subs: Valdes, Shaw, Rojo, Pereira, Januzaj, Di Maria, Falcao

If Smalling hasn't recovered from his illness then Rojo in for him.​

Lewis.no.9

De Gea
    Valencia--Jones--Smalling--Blind
    Carrick
    Herrera--Fellaini
    Mata--Rooney--Young

subs: Valdes, Shaw, Rojo, Pereira, Januzaj, Di Maria, Falcao

If Smalling hasn't recovered from his illness then Rojo in for him.​
    yes!. Fellaini has looked world class on this International duty too carrying his form on. He is getting better and better, I expect him to tear Villa to pieces.

Brightonian

I have a feeling LVG might rest Rooney for this one. He's not had a break for ages, and ran himself into the ground against Italy. As good as he's been recently (and this season in general), he wasn't particularly influential against Liverpool - taking him out for a game isn't necessarily going to hurt us at the moment. And if you can't give him a break against Aston Villa at home, when can you?

It could be Falcao's big chance. On his own up front, against a weakish defence and in a United side that are finally in form and firing, There'd be no excuses, really.

Question234

nothing changes, 3 points at all costs. A great performance is what I expect as it will help us with the fixture against city, but I'll take a scrappy 1-0 all day. Top 4 is a must.

Trizy

I have a feeling LVG might rest Rooney for this one. He's not had a break for ages, and ran himself into the ground against Italy. As good as he's been recently (and this season in general), he wasn't particularly influential against Liverpool - taking him out for a game isn't necessarily going to hurt us at the moment. And if you can't give him a break against Aston Villa at home, when can you?

It could be Falcao's big chance. On his own up front, against a weakish defence and in a United side that are finally in form and firing, There'd be no excuses, really.
    I personally don't see the point in resting him, he's in good form so let him continue it as our main man up front. Every game from now on is like a final so we need to start our best XI when possible, sure if we're winning 2/3-0 around the 60min mark it perfectly okay to take off players.

As for the Liverpool game Rooney never seems to play well against them but he showed on international duty that it was a once off bad performance.

Red Devil BB

yes!. Fellaini has looked world class on this International duty too carrying his form on. He is getting better and better, I expect him to tear Villa to pieces.
    I think Fellaini is one of our best players and don't care who laughs at me for saying it :drool:

KGBhoy

There is no way he'll rest Rooney! We don't have the Champions League to worry about, so i don't expect anyone missing out because they are being rested. No way.

devil in me

I don't think we can afford to rest him. Look how poor we were before Rooney got shifted back up front. It would be ridiculous to finally get some form, be within touching distance of top 4 and then rest our only decent striker.
    I reckon he starts, and if all goes to plan he can have half an hour off at the end.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    ADM has not become a poor player over the last few months. We need to realise that he hasnt settled in as well as he would have hoped. He has been burgled and been injured/suspended too. Let's get behind this superstar ...
    The team is more important than any single superstar. Never forget this.
    As we saw against Liverpool, LVG put his faith in the same players which beat Tottenham. No changes and the team delivered.
    I can see him doing the same thing (barring injury) and putting his trust in the same team which has played the best football seen by us, in the last 2 season.
    We need results, so he should pick our best team, not our most expensive one.

I would be tempted to give Falcao a run!
    Okay, now I know that you are an Aston Villa fan :D

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    I think Fellaini is one of our best players and don't care who laughs at me for saying it :drool:
    I'm not laughing.
    He is one of our best players and is absolutely vital to the way we play (both Plan A (short passes) and Plan B (longball)).

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    C'mon, dont you reckon Radamel would be high on confidence?
    Falcao was once very good, but not anymore.
    Sometimes you have to accept when a player just isnt working out and move on.
    Every game he plays for us, his value drops as potential buyers realise how bad he is. The final insult came when he was subbed in the U21s game for being papp.

I asked in the Falcao thread, why anybody would (logically) want Falcao to stay at United. The only answer I got was a facetious one:

feck it, I'll save you the wait...
    "Has a face I like".
    "There's just something about him I like".
    "If he can even regain 80% of his past form it'll be worth it".
    "Looked good in 10 second vine clip against Bahrain".
    "Looked good in vine clip of penalty against Iran".
    :D

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
    Falcao was once very good, but not anymore.
    Sometimes you have to accept when a player just isnt working out and move on.
    Every game he plays for us, his value drops as potential buyers realise how bad he is. The final insult came when he was subbed in the U21s game for being papp.

I asked in the Falcao thread, why anybody would (logically) want Falcao to stay at United. The only answer I got was a facetious one:

:D
    i agree. even if it is wise to give rooney a rest, i'd rather have RVP (assuming he's at full fitness now) or Wilson start in his place.

...aka Las Cortinas

has no mates
    The only people who'll laugh at you are those strange agenda driven types. Those who no matter how well a player does will never change their initial opinion of a player and can never admit they were wrong.

I admit I was wrong, I would have paid the useless lump to leave last season. This season he's probably the first outfield player on my team sheet, and currently one of our very best.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    same team as v Liverpool, with the only doubt being whether to bring Di Maria in for Young.
    I probably would to be honest. He needs some form, before what is a very tough run of three games straight after.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
    I want Falcao to start. Rooney can come of the bench if we need him given he played both internationals.

Whiteside1985

Curse you, international break, for disrupting our momentum just when we were putting a good run of form together.

Looks like I'm more cautious than most score-predictors: I'm going for a solid but unspectacular 1-0 win.

However, we have some very tough fixtures left, so we need to make sure of the 3 points in this one: with this in mind people are crazy to suggest we 'rest' Rooney.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Ander Herrera image Ander Herrera 91% of 884 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 597 ratings.

Score Predictions