Manchester United vs Atletico Madrid | Build-up Thread | Return leg: March 15

JB7

Still haven't forgiven him
I presume you're talking about what I think you are given your username. And I agree. Never ever will. Absolute cnut. Shudder when I see people suggest him as our manager.

Lemon Moon

No away goal advantage too. Looking forward to this, agree as above they are more street wise than us, we need to get a bit of that gamesmanship in our own game we don't die for every decision. We should.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
I presume you're talking about what I think you are given your username. And I agree. Never ever will. Absolute cnut. Shudder when I see people suggest him as our manager.
Yep also a mention to 2 players Scott Brown for his 2 footed stamp on Giggsy, and I think he's called Pablo alder duscher for breaking the aforementioned metatarsal..

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We don't stand a chance, I don't care how bad they've been

PoTMS

At least we can finally check out for the season after this one. The last bit of hope we have soon to be extinguished by Simeone of all people.

Yagami

Good post resistant
We don't stand a chance, I don't care how bad they've been
The January window has cost us.

Never mind strengthening - we weakened ourselves. We literally needed Martial to save us against West Ham and, a game later, we're in the exact same position but have no one except Elanga and Mata.

Nah this is just one of those games. Could have been 6-0 to us had they were able to aim for the net. Instead of the post. Just unbelievably lucky.
Thing is, though, we're going to have a lot of these games where our starting forwards are going to be firing blanks so we'll need to rely on our bench. The same bench we've severely weakened.

Tap

Its 50/50 for both clubs. Both have underperformed and are inconsistent this season.

Sargent7

Another loss of Atletico, they don't win matches anymore, we can't lose to them. We must knock them out.

James35

I don’t care how bad either team is playing, United will be worse. I can’t see us getting through at all.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Athletico aren’t the team they use to be this season..: if we play at our best we should stroll past them easily. We will need to take our chances though and make sure we score the first goal. They’ll make it very difficult if they take the lead.

Red00012

They’re shit
We’re shit

Both teams to score in both legs is like printing money at the bookies

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I'm looking forward to the match irrespective of our form heading into the tie.
If we continue with this particular style and set-up heading into the match, I think we'll surprise a few people.

RoyH1

Atletico are wary of Ronaldo. We have to exploit the gaps around him.

Bestietom

We will have to get our scoring boots on as for sure we will leak a few against them.

Bondi77

They will pump us home and away.....I am sure half of the posters haven’t even seen us play this season.

Bulldog United

The Champions League is our prize winning focus now, but we must not take the view our opponents are subordinates. We need to formulate a coherent strategy to maximise our game winning potential.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
They will pump us home and away.....I am sure half of the posters haven’t even seen us play this season.
Atletico have been basically just as bad. They have fewer points than us in arguably a weaker league, and were much worse in CL too (though in a tougher group).

Josh 76

If you can’t beat boro at home with your best lineup…
Football is not simple as that. Players raise their game in the big matches. Sometimes playing against inferior opposition can be more difficult for players who expect to win. There have been plenty of examples of this over the years. Liverpool 2005!

Bondi77

Atletico have been basically just as bad. They have fewer points than us in arguably a weaker league, and were much worse in CL too (though in a tougher group).
We can look forward to a game of missed chances, shite defending and arms being waved in the air after failing to execute fundamental parts of football from both sets of players then......I can hardly wait!

MUFC OK

Will lose the first leg 2-0.

Home leg we'll get to 3-1 up and concede in the last 15 mins for 3-2 and out.