Manchester United vs Atletico Madrid | Build-up Thread | Return leg: March 15

lost7

We're winning the champions league, calling it now. Ronaldo may be done in the pl, but it's in his DNA to score atletico

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I think we’re winning the Champions League this season.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
They've conceded 2+ in 6 games in a row. We never score more than 1.

Stoppable force vs movable object

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
They've conceded 2+ in 6 games in a row. We never score more than 1.

Stoppable force vs movable object
They successfully made current Barcelona look like actual Barcelona. Maybe they can do the same for us. :drool:

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Man Utd will concede a minimum of three goals over the two games - so will come down to taking chances.

ti vu

Tasty match up. 2 teams that can give their opponent a better outcome than expected.

Xk byno

Man utd can only win the champions league, only if the finals is played in Mars.
So winning it in planet earth is impossible.

Hughie77

We're outsiders arnt we, 2nd favs I'd say no matter how Athletico are doing, ATM we can't score more than 1, and concede as well so this game probably going to pens, and we're shit at them. I'm realy looking forward to torture over 210 mins of drab football to watch Keepers not even attempt to save, because of the foot on line rule. Great for BT sport though.

cyberman

There’s no way we don’t create a shit load of great chances against them
Just score!

Irwin99

Their season seems to be going as badly as ours; on similar points too. Have a feeling we might win this tie. Weirdly, it's the defence that's worrying me even more than the attack as I think it's going to be a low scoring tie anyway.

ti vu

We're outsiders arnt we, 2nd favs I'd say no matter how Athletico are doing, ATM we can't score more than 1, and concede as well so this game probably going to pens, and we're shit at them. I'm realy looking forward to torture over 210 mins of drab football to watch Keepers not even attempt to save, because of the foot on line rule. Great for BT sport though.
Atletico was kinda shit at penalty themselves in both scoring, and saving department? Most recently, in this on going game, where they missed their penalty and conceded 2 penalties. Not sure it would make you feel any positive. Just saying.

Moriarty

I was at the game in 1991 when we drew with them in the 2nd leg of a ECWC tie. Berndt Schuster scored for them and Sparky for us. We went down 1-4 on aggregate and that, if I remember rightly, is the only time we've played them in European competition. Ryan Giggs and Mike Phelan were in the team that night.

James35

I predict a 2-1 loss away then 1-1 draw at OT. Out of another competition. Season down the shitter.

Abraxas

The thing that worries me is I think even in a poor season for them they're going to be a lot more streetwise than us. I can just see them playing the percentages, playing cynically, exploiting us with a clever set piece, taking one or two chances on the counter.

We are a very silly side at times, we don't think on our feet. I don't think we're going to be outclassed but I can still see us getting done.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
So shite having our biggest game of the season coming up and feeling pretty empty about it.

1-0 Atleti, and comfortable.

Pintu

I am going to post this here again.

Here is Atletico's recent home record in the CL. No excuses.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Why even bother, we know the outcome. Atleast we can end the season soon.

ti vu

Why even bother, we know the outcome. Atleast we can end the season soon.
In this past decade or so, we have Di Matteo, Tuchel, Zidane, Hansi Flick winning CL taking over mid season. So without expectation, just enjoy CL when we can. Why the negative?

allen7

I think we will do well in CL, even in Ole’s period we did show up in CL games when it mattered.

I’m predicting
0-0 (away)
2-1(home)

always_hoping

I am going to post this here again.

Here is Atletico's recent home record in the CL. No excuses.

Who needs excuses when we all watched this group of United players failing to beat the bottom Premier league team and a championship side at home.

PoTMS

We could play against League 2 opposition right now and it would end up 1-1. Beating Atletico will be extremely difficult.

Hughie77

Atletico was kinda shit at penalty themselves in both scoring, and saving department? Most recently, in this on going game, where they missed their penalty and conceded 2 penalties. Not sure it would make you feel any positive. Just saying.
Maybe but those guys better practice them, because someone once said the more I practice the luckier I get.

Cloud7

I know we’re pretty bad right now, but Atletico are really really bad. We should be beating them.

romufc

I think we will do well in CL, even in Ole’s period we did show up in CL games when it mattered.

I’m predicting
0-0 (away)
2-1(home)
Did we? We got knocked out the groups and this season was very bad in the Cl too.

BorisManUtd

Atletico have had a similar season to ours so far, won 39 points out of 23 league games (we've won 40 out of 24 games), they're out of domestic cup as well and generally aren't great. They are slight favourites probably but we have a chance.