Kick-off
Tue, 15 March 2022 @ 8:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.
    I know :(

Although they were always made better by ITV coverage and Clive Tyldesley commentating, not to sound too much like an armchair fan :lol:

Absolutely. BT have butchered coverage of the Champions League. Half the time they don't even bother to broadcast from the stadium.

We're fecked actually.

CLyGLLi.png
    Atletico with their antics will play that poor ref like a fiddle.

I'd like to see:

DDG
    AWB Lindelof Varane Telles
    Matic
    Fred Bruno
    Sancho Ronaldo Pogba
    But im pretty sure Maguire will start, and i'm not sure if Matic can play again so quickly after spurs.
    One of our better players being shafted out if position to accommodate Pogba again.

I saw Shaw in the training videos yesterday and he looks fatter than usual.
    His arse is bigger than Nicky Minaj's for the love of god.

I'm under doctor's orders to watch my blood pressure... I'm not sure watching is going to help!

Atletico 2022 - draw, ???
    Barcelona 2019 - loss, loss
    PSG 2019 - loss, win
    Sevilla 2018 - loss, draw
    Bayern 2014 - draw, loss
    Olympiacos 2014 - win, draw
    Real Madrid 2013 - loss, draw
    Barcelona 2011 - loss

Stretches all the way back to the 2011 CL Final under Fergie.

Our only two wins have been against Olympiacos (under Moyes) and PSG (under Ole).

To be fair, other than Sevilla and Olympiacos (the latter of whom we beat over two legs anyway), those were all games against better sides.

Please just make sure we’re leading at halve time. That stat is ridiculous that we’ve never lost a game at Old Trafford when leading at halve time. Or is that just the premier league?

Please just make sure we’re leading at halve time. That stat is ridiculous that we’ve never lost a game at Old Trafford when leading at halve time. Or is that just the premier league?

Yeah just the league that.

PSG 2019 - loss, win
    Bayern 2014 - draw, loss
    Barcelona 2011 - loss

Our only two wins have been against Olympiacos (under Moyes) and PSG (under Ole).

To be fair, other than Sevilla and Olympiacos (the latter of whom we beat over two legs anyway), those were all games against better sides.

And we lost the first leg to Olimpiacos. Which just adds insult to injury to be fair!

Yeah just the league that.
    Good news is that it also applies to the Champions League going back to at least 2000. Not been able to go further back than that.

PSG 2019 - loss, win
    Bayern 2014 - draw, loss
    Barcelona 2011 - loss

People look at the names and assume Madrid were better, but we were actually better. Before the red, we outplayed them over the two legs. The first leg alone in Madrid RvP should've scored two, and Varane should've been sent off for his foul on Evra as last man. In the second leg we were cruising until said red.

Please tell me our starting centre backs are Lindelof and Varane.

Maguire is just destined to provide derp moments every game at the moment. Could conceivably see him fecking up if he started, resulting in Atletico scoring the only goal in the game tonight.

Really can't wait for tonight.

I think the game is going to be really really tight. Neither of us are good football teams and I just think it will be very tense. I will not be surprised at all if we have pens.

Getting nervous now, I love and hate these nights with equal measure , I can see Suarez’s annoying face celebrating already

PSG 2019 - loss, win
    Bayern 2014 - draw, loss
    Barcelona 2011 - loss

This is so depressing.

It will go either way of us being rampant at the start and going a goal up or they score within the first 5 minutes

PSG 2019 - loss, win
    Bayern 2014 - draw, loss
    Barcelona 2011 - loss

Pretty much.

I just hope Rangnick plays a team he trusts to carry out instructions and is very proactive with subs if someone's found missing.

We can afford passengers tonight. Pack the midfield with Matic Mctominay Fred and control the game.

No place for Rasford or Elanga in the starting 11. Good impact subs.

Assuming Bruno is too ill to start or he would get the nod over Pogba CAM

—————Matic————-
    Fred———————Mctominay/Pogba
    -————Pogba/Bruno——————
    Sancho————-——-Ronaldo

-

Got a feeling we're in for a proper European night like the Roma 7-1 job :drool:

Looking forward to this one.

Pretty much.

I just hope Rangnick plays a team he trusts to carry out instructions and is very proactive with subs if someone's found missing.

I hope he learned from the first encounter and doesn't allow our midfield to get utterly dominated again. We showed them too much respect last time around and their players took advantage of it.

Take it to them from the outset tonight, don't give them an inch to breathe.

Atletico's results have improved lately, but they're mainly getting pretty flukey wins against teams they should beat comfortably.

There's still every chance they'll nick an early goal and timewaste and shithouse their way to the win, though, especially with a weak referee. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 240 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Atletico Madrid win
  • Draw