Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

breakout67

Supports
    Man City
    This is the thing with Mourinho, he has this habit of salvaging something on the edge of failure.

There was a serious anti-Jose sentiment, with Spurs and Liverpool being praised to the hills. He then put in some very spirited performances against 3 tough teams. The exact same thin happened last season, we were so bad in the league, but he salvaged it with two trophies.

This guy is so stubborn, and so determined, that I wouldn't be surprised if he had one eye on the FA cup, because he knew that we weren't good enough to win the CL. He is so obsessed with adding trophies to his CV that he would think like that.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
    No Pogba or Sanchez for this. Utterly hopeless the pair in recent weeks.

Front three of Lingard-Lukaku-Martial, midfield of Mata-Matic-McTominay.

Mata and Lingard can interchange.

Back four can stay the same. They fell asleep against Sevilla but did boss Liverpool. Plus there's no-one screaming out to be selected ahead of them. Maybe Shaw but, honestly, who really cares anymore.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    7:45pm kick off on a Saturday night? I'm not wasting my Saturday night watching this. Will be the first game of the season I won't be watching.
    Enjoy your Saturday night.
    Myself, I'll be watching.
    In fact, after a loss, I always like us to play a game asap, so I can forget about the loss.

Alabaster Codify7

The only game I have any interest in from now until August. Completely deflated by this club.

------------------DDG---------------------
    Valencia---Smalling---Lindelof-----Darmian
    ------------Carrick---McTominay---------
    Lingard---------Sanchez-----------Rashford
    ----------------Lukaku----------------------

SUBS - Fellaini (Carrick), Martial (Rashford), Mata (Lukaku)

Man United 1 - 0 Brighton
    Martial

JohnnyKills

Not arsed. The fact that Arsenal have won the FA Cup three of the past four years says it all about this tournament.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
    Getting up at 4:30 to watch this. I can have a wank at half time 'cause the wife will still be in bed. Even if we're losing, it won't stop me.

Alabaster Codify7

Getting up at 4:30 to watch this. I can have a wank at half time 'cause the wife will still be in bed. Even if we're losing, it won't stop me.

Hahaha! Brilliant.
    I might actually miss this, UFC is on at the same time. It's extremely rare nowadays I get to watch it live, it's in London so it's on prime-time. The idea of watching with booze, live rather than with coffee/tea the next morning appeals more than another Mourinho 1-0 attempt against a shit team. What channel is it on, actually?

sully1

the hangover from Seville will cost us this match.

dont have a good feeling.

Dennis Viollet

The reverse .Rossi
    Some fans are not looking forward to winning the FA Cup?
    we are all very disappointed and angry about what happened last night. I'm sure that the vast majority of us will be here Saturday to follow the game (which at this point becomes essential for the continuation of our season).

Bastian

Supports
    Mejbri
    I hope it's 433 from hereon out until the end of the season. At least, that he doesn't pursue 4231 with the midfielders he's got. And completely stops playing a misfiring Sanchez in a position where we've got two great options in Rashford and Martial.

Giggs86

Have to win this cup. We proved that we are better than Chelsea and Spurs, no excuses now.

If we fail to win it this season will be regarded as a failure.

ti vu

Have to win this cup. We proved that we are better than Chelsea and Spurs, no excuses now.

If we fail to win it this season will be regarded as a failure.
    I said in another thread. This season is already a failure (compare to last) in term of achievement even if we're to win the FA Cup and finish 2nd. We acknowledge the progress, but as our aim, we can see we're far from the position we want to be. It's all about perspective. Last season we tried to get back on track after the misleading way LVG imposed on our club. We did enough to show. Now we want to know where we are compared to top power, and as it showed we're miles off.

Agree that we need to win, show fighting spirit for the remaining games even in this lost season.

Last edited:

nemanja15

de Gea

Young
    Bailly
    Smalling
    Shaw

Matic
    McTominay
    Pogba

Mata
    Lukaku
    Martial

Something like this. Players will be nervous after Sevilla so go back to what had worked reasonably well in the few games before. A solid base and hopefully some spark in attack with Mata and Martial back in the side.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
    Romero

Darmian
    Lindelof
    Smalling
    Blind

Carrick
    McTominay
    Pogba

Mata
    Rashford

Martial

Swift Football

No Pogba or Sanchez for another 2 matches plz.
    And a lot of booing plz when our defence plays ball among themselves.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
    He's not going anywhere mate. Whatever we may think about it, he's just signed a new contract.
    It was only a one year extension. The pay rise was more damaging. If it seriously goes wrong then he has to go and it is our own stupidity that it will cost us a fortune. Jose played a good one there sure enough.

Giggs86

I said in another thread. This season is already a failure (compare to last) in term of achievement even if we're to win the FA Cup and finish 2nd. We acknowledge the progress, but as our aim, we can see we're far from the position we want to be. It's all about perspective. Last season we tried to get back on track after the misleading way LVG imposed on our club. We did enough to show. Now we want to know where we are compared to top power, and as it showed we're miles off.

Agree that we need to win, show fighting spirit for the remaining games even in this lost season.
    I wouldn't call it a lost season yet, unlike many others I still value the FA Cup as a major trophy. Otherwise agree with what you're saying.

If we win the FA cup, comparing with last season would be LC/EL/6th place vs. FA/2nd place. I'd say both seasons would be about the same.

Expectations wise we were all expecting a title challenge and getting to the latter stages of the CL. If we fail to win the FA (which won't be easy as it is also the only chance of silverware for Chelsea and Spurs) then we should be seriously looking at a replacement.

The problem with Mourinho is that he won't change, he is a one dimensional manager who can't change his ways. All of his craft his built on disrupting the opposition's game plan and punishing them. When we need to be the ones to create something like yesterday, he falls short.

This style of football won't work at United as we all witnessed yesterday. We may need to resort to those tactics when we play a handful of teams like Madrid and Barca but 99% of the time we should be the team that takes the initiative and imposes our game rather than the opposite.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    I wouldn't call it a lost season yet, unlike many others I still value the FA Cup as a major trophy. Otherwise agree with what you're saying.

If we win the FA cup, comparing with last season would be LC/EL/6th place vs. FA/2nd place. I'd say both seasons would be about the same.

It's got to be seen as progress surely.

The FA Cup is better than the league cup, and 2nd (if we finish there) is better than 6th!
    The Europa cup of course was also won, but we didn't realy want to be in it, so it was our passport in lieu of the dreadful league finish.

Still..let's see how Saturday goes first!

Oldham

The coward better attack this time... if not I wanna see him gone.
    Same with many of our players...should feck off if they can't bother to show up

IronTulip

Made me laugh, thanks :)

Looking forward to this one as games at home against the lesser teams are the rare games José actually attempts to play football in.
    A lot of Caftards were equally confident for Seville.

Get a grip ffs. This is our only hope left this season.
    Folks are allowed to spend their Saturday night anyway they want.

I myself made a decision of not getting up at 4am for our early kickoff matches this year, after 20+ years of doing so. Watching this overpaid team play these past few years without much passion or fight makes me sad. How I miss SAF :(

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
    Time Travel
    Give me an old fashioned 4-4-2.

Rashford Lukaku
    Martial Matic McTominay Mata
    Shaw Smalling Bailly Valencia
    deGea​

jackofalltrades

God knows what tactics he'll use. If he goes for more of the same and wins ok but if we lose, the fans will go mad. If he goes all out attack and wins great, but if we lose he might say I told you so.

red_devil83

No Pogba or Sanchez for this. Utterly hopeless the pair in recent weeks.

Front three of Lingard-Lukaku-Martial, midfield of Mata-Matic-McTominay.

Mata and Lingard can interchange.

Back four can stay the same. They fell asleep against Sevilla but did boss Liverpool. Plus there's no-one screaming out to be selected ahead of them. Maybe Shaw but, honestly, who really cares anymore.
    Pretty much this but I'd start Shaw as well. Sanchez can do one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Nemanja Matic image Nemanja Matic 76% of 602 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 369 ratings.

Score Predictions