Manchester United vs Burnley (Behind closed doors friendly)

Plastic Evra

Is it common to have those sort of friendlies while season is going ? Youth teams playing all the time sure... I suppose it's what it is : Mostly an Academy backbone with a few seniors for some pre-post-season.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Good intense run out for the 2nd string it seems. How and why we lost by 3 though I will never understand.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Is it common to have those sort of friendlies while season is going ? Youth teams playing all the time sure... I suppose it's what it is : Mostly an Academy backbone with a few seniors for some pre-post-season.
It’s quite common in the start of the season, yeah. To get minutes in the squad/fringe players’ legs.

L1nk

It's because we seem completely unfit

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Something seems really off at the moment. All these added friendlies, regressive form to start the season... EtH is clearly not happy with something.

Probably a combination of players not coming back fit enough, having to work with players he'd expected to feck off, and not getting the replacements needed.

Could be a tricky season.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Something seems really off at the moment. All these added friendlies, regressive form to start the season... EtH is clearly not happy with something.

Probably a combination of players not coming back fit enough, having to work with players he'd expected to feck off, and not getting the replacements needed.

Could be a tricky season.
Another season where just doing enough to keep his job (top four) will be qualified as a success, but he did more than that last season. I really don’t know what to make of all this.

Plastic Evra

I mean people want Pellestri in for Antony, Martial at CF and McT in instead of Eriksen…
I imagine those friendlies are not high intensity but yeah I'd think those players are not expected to start the next PL game.

It’s quite common in the start of the season, yeah. To get minutes in the squad/fringe players’ legs.
Maybe I just never paid attention.

flameinthesun

To stop the silly doom mongering, this is nothing new. We've been doing behind the door friendlies at the beginning of the season for awhile now even under Ole. The aim is to give the rest of the squad who isn't getting games and players needing fitness a more competitive run out than just training or an U23 match. Nothing to see here.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Why does it matter? The result is basically of no consequence
I dont understand this kind of response. It was the same when we were losing games in pre season too.

Good teams win football matches.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Another season where just doing enough to keep his job (top four) will be qualified as a success, but he did more than that last season. I really don’t know what to make of all this.
It seems that all the confusion around the clubs ownership has trickled down and we don't have the organizational leadership/capacity to operate at the standard required.

All our signings are clearly coming from EtH, which isn't the way a club should be run and, amidst this, we can't get rid of the shite that needs clearing. It's the same things we've seen for more than a decade now.

Expect a Hail Mary, panic buy splurge if we lose to Forest.

tomaldinho1

Means nothing, these happen regularly and player's are hardly going to be going at it 100%
Basically we can try some tactics things + everyone gets a run out

Gandalf

Sure we scored 2 goals. Reminds me of North Korea who told their people they were winning every game at the 2010 World Cup.
Well technically we only scored 1 (McTominay) as the other was an own goal. Considering how epically bad Everton are at the moment and the fact that they were playing their second string just like we were it is hardly an accomplishment but still, better than losing 3-0 to the Burnley Academy.

Highfather_24

Someone said "We are not allowed nice things" on some other thread, and it seems just about right at this moment.

Plastic Evra

It’s understandable as the clubs quite often keep these under wraps.
I wondered if rather than their existence it's the reporting or labels that were different.
I suppose this means Evans is still under contract ? Was under the impression he hadn't signed a full 1 year deal.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I dont understand this kind of response. It was the same when we were losing games in pre season too.

Good teams win football matches.
It’s also not like we are playing well in any other games. Potentially worrying sign

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I wondered if rather than their existence it's the reporting or labels that were different.
I suppose this means Evans is still under contract ? Was under the impression he hadn't signed a full 1 year deal.
It (the temporary contract) was apparently from mid-July until the end of August.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Ouch. Losing 3-0 is always bad no matter what team we played. We are 2 games in to the season and we should be atleast physically fit as others are.

This season preparations have been quite low by top flight standards

King Eric 7

We need to do a Bayern and fix ourselves some nice easy friendlies, rather than difficult ones like Burnley.