Tue, 29 January 2019 @ 8:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 78 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    Pereira isn’t physically imposing enough to play the tight marking game he likes to do.

I feel like he’s also playing too deep when we have possession, we need him much higher up next to Pogba to help push Burnley back even more. We’ve got him and Matic sat infront of the back 4 in a square and it’s making us struggle to build up.

Irish Jet

Supports
    Anyone but Rashford
    This is what i dont get with Young, when he played for Villa he was one of the deadliest set piece takers in the league, his crossing was excellent, he could dribble, shoot, he was great.

He signs for us and cant cross the fecking road.
    His crossing was no better at Villa. It just looked good on Match of the Day.

edcunited1878

Rashford didn't have a clinical first half at all. His touches before a shot or pass have been off, head has been down too much and his miss was terrible. Needs to settle down and let the game come to him a little bit more.

I'd move Lukaku to the right channel with Rashford or Sanchez playing centrally with the other player on the left channel. That should allow Pogba and Shaw to use the width and space provided.

RedCurry

Rashford rarely ever has a good game on the left as a winger starting the game.

Suvvernmanc

Only needs a little tactical tweek. I'd give it 15 minutes and then make a few changes. Sanchez for sure.. and how poor has young been?

OverratedOpinion

I think one of the issues with Pereira is that he is trying to be a player he's not, he is trying to be a midfielder who dictates the tempo but that is an incredibly hard thing to do and he did not grow up playing that role. His passing range is by no means bad but it needs to be very, very good to play that role effectively.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    Where liberty dwells, there is my country
    Half time and they showed the goals from other teams....ok PL has the worst refs on Europe. City goal was a foul on the keeper, arsenal had 2 penalties not given, wolves had 2 pk as well not given and the second one even a blind person would see that.

KennyBurner

"Lukaku is such a lazy player. Such a lazy thinking player. "

The criticism of his cross was sandwiched between these generalizations
    First of all that pass to rashford wasn't very difficult. only an idiot would see that opportunity and not take it unless the other outcome results to a goal.

Now the pass Im talking about was the early cross he made. For him to attempt that would mean he thought rashford or whoever was at the end of it would somehow head the ball in from an awkward position. The sensible play there would be for him to MOVE with the ball and try and pick out a better pass given there were three players ahad of him. Is that so Hard for someone that can think multiple steps at a time? I think not.

I'm not generalizing anything. Lukaku is not so bright!

Minimalist

Pereira, Lukaku, Jones, Young and an aged Matic and Mata are between poor/shite on a normal day to be fair.
    Lukaku, Matic and Mata have been fine. Jones been okay too (for a change). It's a bit hysterical right now.

Cathy Ferguson

Lukaku, Mata and Perreira do not contribute much, and our full backs are quite limited going forward.

Sub off Periera and Mata, Lingard and Sanchez in.

simonhch

Horrible boss
    Supports
    Urban Combat Preparedness
    Fergie always used to implore his teams to remain patient and keep playing in games like this, and not panic. I am sure Ole will do the same, introducing an attacking sub or two around 65-70 mins if the deadlock isn't broken.

el3mel

First of all that pass to rashford wasn't very difficult. only an idiot would see that opportunity and not take it unless the other outcome results to a goal.

Now the pass Im talking about was the early cross he made. For him to attempt that would mean he thought rashford or whoever was at the end of it would somehow head the ball in from an awkward position. The sensible play there would be for him to MOVE with the ball and try and pick out a better pass given there were three players ahad of him. Is that so Hard for someone that can think multiple steps at a time? I think not.
    I agree on the bold. Problem with many here is they treat any good pass for some players like it's an unbelievable and groundbreaking thing for a player to do. The fact is anyone would have done such pass. The pass to Lukaku earlier in this exact ball was actually much better one.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
    We've always needed to buy an attacker, and probably need 2, considering our two best attackers are a 23 and 21 year old that are just now nailing down their spots in the 11 after the Mourinho shiite. A nailed on right sided player and another good rotational piece would help loads
    Couldn't agree more.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
    Half time and they showed the goals from other teams....ok PL has the worst refs on Europe. City goal was a foul on the keeper, arsenal had 2 penalties not given, wolves had 2 pk as well not given and the second one even a blind person would see that.
    And there was that Stephens foul only getting a yellow in Brighton/Fulham

edcunited1878

Pereira isn’t physically imposing enough to play the tight marking game he likes to do.

I feel like he’s also playing too deep when we have possession, we need him much higher up next to Pogba to help push Burnley back even more. We’ve got him and Matic sat infront of the back 4 in a square and it’s making us struggle to build up.
    Yes, Andreas is playing too deep when in the opponent's half. He should be close to Mata in near the box and interchange with him, allowing Lukaku to move towards goal and Young providing width. Don't allow Mata to switch the play to Shaw on the wing, it just allows Burnley to switch their defensive block. Need to make Burnley's defenders turn and defend the space behind them.

spwd

Any tips for an iPad river, If I click on anything I just get taken to a load of nonsense?

fallengt

I remember Pereira played as AM in u18, LM at Valencia now he's mimicing jorginho. No one knows what his best role is

Tony247

We are winning midfield, defense is strong, its only the final 3rd that is dysfunctional.

mata should go. lukaku to right, rash in center and bring sanchez. This at half time. Then bring herrera for Pereira.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
    Rashford really should have put us ahead early and we'd be cruising by now. Just need that first goal we have been doing ok. Although Pereira is a bit of a passenger

mav_9me

Disappointed with young. Poor delivery. Would get Dalot in for his better delivery but worried about him defensively.

Second-half kick-off

No changes at the break.

youmeletsfly

:houllier:

Lukaku isn’t slow. Mata has never relied on speed to be good. Pogba had about a month off when Jose benched him before he go sacked.
    Having a month off and then playing 8 games in a row doesn't help with fitness.
    Lukaku isn't slow at full speed, but it's too slow in moments where he should be quicker.
    The fact that Mata never relied on speed to be good or not doesn't kill the argument he is still a slow player. Having a faster player on the right would have benefited us more.

46 min

Bizarre start to the second-half as Bardsley sends a cross into our box, it's deflected and De Gea races out of his goal to catch. He fails to do so first time, it hits Barnes and then falls back into De Gea's hands. Lucky.
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 386 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Burnley win
  • Draw