Manchester United VS Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
I hope Tevez starts.

None of this 4-5-1 bollox, we need to go for the win from the start.

Colly

I hope Tevez starts.

None of this 4-5-1 bollox, we need to go for the win from the start.
I'd be very surprised if he doesn't match them with a 4-5-1 to be honest. As much as I love having two up front. BUT if they do go 4-5-1 I really hope he doesn't shunt Rooney out on the left. Rooney playing centrally is the key to winning this game 100%

giggs-beckham

Clueless
All the hairs stand up and a tear is in the eye, every time.
No one will ever win a european cup final more dramaticaly than that.

Tareq

Livvie's Favourite Jordanian.
2 issues worry me :
- Ronaldo's record against A.cole, is not that good
- Essien's ability in midfield, ironically if grant plays Lampard and Ballack in midfield, most likely essein will start as right back.

BahamaRed

Legend
From the Financial Times....

"The reaction was ecstatic when Zenit beat Glasgow Rangers 2-0 on Wednesday night.
That victory was another coup for Russia’s second city, hometown of new president Dmitry Medvedev, his predecessor and now prime minister Vladimir Putin, and much of the government.
However, the importance of the Champions League game has not been wholly lost on Russia’s political and business elite – many of them friends of the Chelsea owner, Roman Abramovich. As one former senior official joked this week, Chelsea were often known as “our boys” in government circles."

BahamaRed

Legend
From the Mail........how can this be legit? Surely this alters the balance of how many tickets each club gets.

"Roman Abramovich has bought 500 tickets for Chelsea's Russian fans to watch the final in Moscow on Wednesday night.
With black market tickets costing up to 25 times the monthly salary of an average Russian worker, Abramovich has paid out around £50,000 to ensure they can see the match"

reddevilcanada

Anelka: We Have United's Number

Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka is confident that the Blues have what it takes to bring the Champions League trophy back to London.

The French speed demon is under no illusions as to how hard it will be to get the better of a Manchester United squad that will be sky-high on confidence after having pipped them to the English title, but at the same time he feels they have the Red Devils figured out.

"I would 10 times rather play Manchester United than Barcelona," he insisted.

"We would have had more difficulty with them.

"Manchester United, we know them and we know what we have to do, even if you can never predict what is going to happen in a match.

"We have just played against Manchester and we beat them 2-1 so we are therefore quite confident. Anything is possible.

"The two teams want to win and have great players so it will be a bit of luck which will make the difference. I hope it will be on our side."

Anelka, 29, went on to admit that he holds United and it's individual players in the highest esteem, though pound for pound he considers his own side stronger.

"The team-play of Manchester United is very strong," he acknowledged.

"And Cristiano Ronaldo never stops scoring. At the moment, he is the best player in the world.

"But in one game, he can have an off day or be marked by a good defender.

"All the Manchester players play well with the ball and it doesn't matter who can score.

"It is the same for us. But we have more individuals to make the difference.

"It is going to be a very open match. They are two very different teams but both are very good."

Finally, Anelka insisted that he is more than prepared to continue contributing off the bench, as he is still paying his dues at Chelsea.

"It is not frustrating, I am new in the club," he said. "The manager wants to play 4-5-1 and I have to stay on the bench.

"I don't know if I will start. You need to ask the manager. Even if I am on the bench, I will have a chance to play and I will do my best.

"I hope one day I will get the chance to play my position in a 4-4-2."

http://goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=698032

DUNDEEUTDMAN

Fletcher should play, he usually plays well against the big boys.
defo , i hope he starts the game.... anderson on the bench

this will be such a nice victory , a champions league trophy win over a cockney team :cool:

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
- Ronaldo's record against A.cole,
Ronaldo is supposed to be the best player in the world. Ashley Cole is not going to stop him if he plays well and I dont think he has done it before.

Yeah he has played well but he has not stopped him.

This is the stage that Ronaldo has to shine on.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
A game of monumental proportions. The media seem to be doing their best to unsettle both teams ahead of the game. I'm confident SAF will be keeping everyone on an even keel.

Getting very nervy now. My heart obviously says United. My head says it is 50/50. That analysis really does shed no light on it! Too tight to call. Loss will be impossible to cope with.

Cupid Stunt

"In that, Anfield is unbeatable. Put a shit h
From the Financial Times....

"The reaction was ecstatic when Zenit beat Glasgow Rangers 2-0 on Wednesday night.
That victory was another coup for Russia’s second city, hometown of new president Dmitry Medvedev, his predecessor and now prime minister Vladimir Putin, and much of the government.
However, the importance of the Champions League game has not been wholly lost on Russia’s political and business elite – many of them friends of the Chelsea owner, Roman Abramovich. As one former senior official joked this week, Chelsea were often known as “our boys” in government circles."
This is a great omen. If James Bond movie's have tough me anything, it's that we English feck over the Russian's more often than not.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
Brazil midfielder Anderson believes Manchester United's work ethic is what makes them so successful.

The 20-year-old, signed from Porto last summer, is grateful for the chance to play alongside a host of world class players at Old Trafford.

After helping United to win the Premier League, he now wants to cap his first season in England by winning the Champions League.

And Anderson, who will be in the squad for Wednesday's final against Chelsea in Moscow, knows hard graft can be the difference between winning and losing.

"A team with players like (Wayne) Rooney, (Carlos) Tevez, (Cristiano) Ronaldo, (Michael) Carrick, (Paul) Scholes and other star players, you don't need to do much, only work hard, " he said.

"That's something I do and if I have the chance I will try to help my team the best that I can and make the most of the moment.

"It is a dream for any player to be in a Champions League final and I am no different."

Anderson has chalked up an impressive 38 appearances for United and his dynamic displays at home and abroad quickly won over Ferguson and the supporters.

The only surprise is that, given his reputation before he arrived, he has failed to score.

He said: "When I came to United I already knew they had a very good team with some of the top players in the world.

"This club is used to winning trophies. That is the most important thing for them.

"Reaching the Champions League final is another step forward for United.

"We know how important it is to win this trophy and others in the future."
Hope he gets a chance to play a part.

Bape

I have 1 exam on the day of and 2 on the very next day of the final. :nervous:

Classy Cannon

Left Back <font face="Arial"color="White"> in the
feckin ell - 3 days to go & I'm a wreck!

I've been trying to pick the team, but apart from VDS, the back four, Roon & Ron I'm struggling for so many reasons.

Anyway I feel compelled to pick the winners so here goes:

----------VDS----------
Wes---Rio---Vida---Paddy
---Carrick---Scholes---
Park---Andyson---Ron
---------Roon-------

Subs: PIG, Owen, Fletch, Giggsy, Nani, Teveth, Saha

Barring injuries, subs on the hour Owen for Scholesy, Teveth for Andyson, 10 mins later Giggsy for Park.

I reckon we'll do em, coming from behind with 2 late goals...I just hope we don't leave it as late as 99 in Barca!!

Alex

Hargreaves has to play in this game. It's the exact sort of game we bought him for; if he doesn't play than that just proves he was money needlessly spent.
His matchwinner v Arsenal would say otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.