Kick-off
Sun, 25 February 2018 @ 2:05pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Andersons Dietician

Do we think Jose will go for the draw or the win?

Losing really isn’t an option. Draw moves us level with pool on 57 points and keeps Chelsea 3 off but if Spurs win they’d move to 55points and they are the most inform team at the moment.

Swift Football

I didn't write Chelsea off, but what I'm saying is I don't really see their players very happy about such a result after such efforts. The game is on.
    Chelsea were brilliant against Barca, but lets not get carried away. The tie got over when Barca got their away goal. I believe even the Chelsea players know that they can not turn the tie in Nou Camp. The tie is as good as over!

Also, many seem to think that Since they were excellent against Barca, they will be performing similarly against us. The game against Barca and against us will be completely opposite. Chelsea were compact in middle and at their back , and look to counter Barca, but we will be playing deep in our own half, so that setup does not work against us. If anything, the role will be reversed and we will look to counter them.

But we have been so shite lately that it is impossible to see us winning this one. I assume they will high press us and would not allow us to build up our game. I am afraid it could be an easy win for Chelsea.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
    Think we'll go back to a back three for this.

We've normally played the 3-5-2 when our opposition does.

De Gea; Valencia; Bailly; Smalling; Lindelof; Shaw; Matic; Pogba; Sanchez; Martial; Lukaku.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
    0-0. And another absolutely uninspiring and tumescent 90 minutes of 'football' from us. I can't wait to see Martial not starting or played out of position. Yay!

Pyro19

We're going to play not to Lose.

Jose's ego simply will not be able to handle it if he loses to Conte on his own patch after the verbal feud they've had.

0-0 is what I hope for, if they score first it will be curtains for us.

buckooo1978

have a bad feeling this will be a 1 nil Chelsea

they have the momentum, we realistically have been stuttering for months and we've been thoroughly outplayed by Huddersfield and Sevilla

we will keep it tight, produce a few half chances, we will become frustrated and Chelsea will nick one

hope I'm wrong and Mourinho is able to inspire a solid and attacking performance out of the boys

Bailly and Shaw would boost defence, Hope Matic can perform and Pogba/McT can help him dominate midfield.

think it will be Sanchez, Lukaku and Lingard.... decent balance about that

IAmAWinner

Not looking forward to this at all.
    Will be defensive football, Martial on the bench, another Alexis poor game, Pogba again not caring, Chelsea probable win.
    Come on Mourinho and the boys surprise me :angel:

Silas

----Martial--Lukaku--Sanchez
    Shaw---Pogba--Matic---Valencia
    -----Lindelöf--Smalling--Bailly
    -------------------DDG

Pogba in a two isn't as bad with three CBs behind him, but I wouldn't be surprised to see McTominay or Lingard ahead of Martial for extra midfield support. If it were up to me, I'd drop Lukaku and have a front two of Sanchez and Martial with Lingard behind them.

Last edited:

C'est Moi Cantona

one of those games you'd welcome 90 mins of pure Van Gaal-esque shit for the points - really think we will struggle to get top 4 if we lose this such is our form
    We've been watching poor football for so long now that you know exactly what to expect anyway, it's just been particularly poor recently, on a par or probably worse than the Van Gaal era, Jose though seems to be able to get us to do just enough at the right times, and I reckon tomorrow will be one of them.

iam_kramer

Just looked at the table for the first time in a while. We've got a decent scrap on to finish top four I think. Teams around us seem better than us, Liverpool, Tottenham and perhaps Chelsea.

DeOddi

Really not looking forward to it. Can´t see us showing anything other than another game of garbage football with next to no chances created. Would love to be optimistic, but i really don´t know why we´d start to play half-decent football all off a sudden considering our performances lately.

Thought playing in a 4-3-3 would improve our game a bit, but we seem to be just as bad with it as with 4-2-3-1. Unless our "star" players start to influence games more individually again i don´t see us improve, because as a team we´ve been bad all season (especially offensively).

wolvored

They will come out of the blocks fast and score early. Then it will be backs to the wall by them with the odd breakaway. We will play the usual disjointed way and we will probaly scrape an 85th min goal. 1-1 I think.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
    Ha, the FA put Atkinson in charge of a United v Chelsea game again! Bwahahahaha.

Bet on Chelsea. Money. In. The. Bank.

Ban

have a bad feeling this will be a 1 nil Chelsea

they have the momentum, we realistically have been stuttering for months and we've been thoroughly outplayed by Huddersfield and Sevilla

we will keep it tight, produce a few half chances, we will become frustrated and Chelsea will nick one

hope I'm wrong and Mourinho is able to inspire a solid and attacking performance out of the boys

Bailly and Shaw would boost defence, Hope Matic can perform and Pogba/McT can help him dominate midfield.

think it will be Sanchez, Lukaku and Lingard.... decent balance about that
    What momentum do they have. They've been recently beaten by Bournemouth and Watford. Of course we're not better, but lets not pretend they're in some great form themselves.

buckooo1978

What momentum do they have. They've been recently beaten by Bournemouth and Watford. Of course we're not better, but lets not pretend they're in some great form themselves.
    they'd convincing 3 nil and 4 nil wins after that. They played very well against Barcelona midweek and probably deserved to beat them. That's good form

Bastian

Supports
    Mejbri
    Think we'll go back to a back three for this.

We've normally played the 3-5-2 when our opposition does.

De Gea; Valencia; Bailly; Smalling; Lindelof; Shaw; Matic; Pogba; Sanchez; Martial; Lukaku.
    Would be happy with that. Sensible.

diplomat

Ha, the FA put Atkinson in charge of a United v Chelsea game again! Bwahahahaha.

Bet on Chelsea. Money. In. The. Bank.
    Early excuses on the way. We also have the injuries excuse, the atmosphere at OT being shit excuse. I wonder what else will be thought of before and after the game if we lose or draw.

Ban

they'd convincing 3 nil and 4 nil wins after that. They played very well against Barcelona midweek and probably deserved to beat them. That's good form
    Not much of a difference, we had some victories as well as defeats recently. They were ok vs Barcelona, nothing special.

minoo-utd

Our current state as fans is depressing really and of course it's because our last few performances but last game against Chelsea we were more confident to beat them as also their for was bad but we lost and played shit so hopefully we do the unexpected again tomorrow and beat them. Very important game this if we lose top four might easily gone and no one do want imagine that. Hope just hope we play and attack take risks and keep trying to score.

Member 90887

one of those games you'd welcome 90 mins of pure Van Gaal-esque shit for the points - really think we will struggle to get top 4 if we lose this such is our form
    You can say whatever you want about LVG but we weren't bullied by the TOP 6. We had an excellent record against them. i would take the boring possession of his philosophy if it meant getting that record back.

Giggsyking

Watching Citeh and Looserpool depresses me. They play two different systems and both are joy to watch. For fans watching football, it's not just the titles, it's also entertainment and we are million years away from that. We and Chelsea are the worst teams that entertain their fans and I hope god not to see a disgusting performance tomorrow. It saddens me to see us struggling to beat relegation teams with bad performances. Even when Fergie did lose to lesser teams he made sure the team gave us everything they could.

minoo-utd

How can Martial and Sanchez both play? Really hope Jose finds a way without affecting Martial and playing him out of position. Can we see Sanchez as number 10?

buckooo1978

You can say whatever you want about LVG but we weren't bullied by the TOP 6. We had an excellent record against them. i would take the boring possession of his philosophy if it meant getting that record back.
    true.... that win at Anfield when Juan scored the bicycle kick was arguably our best performance of the last 5 years

we competed very well in the big games - the issue now seems to be one of a lack of belief and negativity in terms of tactics and ambition

buckooo1978

Not much of a difference, we had some victories as well as defeats recently. They were ok vs Barcelona, nothing special.
    a big difference for me...who came away from that win at Huddersfield feeling good....it was awful and our last few weeks have been dominated by issues with Mourinho and players.... not a great atmosphere at all

Morpheus 7

How can Martial and Sanchez both play? Really hope Jose finds a way without affecting Martial and playing him out of position. Can we see Sanchez as number 10?
    Martial on left and Sanchez on the right. Three in middle with Pogba on the left side of the three. Mata needs to be the one that drops out. It's been obvious since we signed Sanchez, only not to Jose.

AshRK

This game will show whether we will or deserve to be in top 2/3 or we were just pretending. I have a good feeling we will win and funnily I don't trust the players but Jose to get the result. Just cannot see us losing at home. The problem though is we might give too much respect to chelsea. But don't know why Conte is in for a thrashing.

crossy1686

career ending
    2 of the worst "top" teams to watch in Europe. 2 very boring managers. Not really looking forward to this.
    I'm dreading this one to be honest. Hoping we can get it together for the next couple of big games we've got, otherwise I fear we'll find ourselves battling for that top 4 spot in a few weeks when it should really be comfortable.

Also, Jose continuing to big up Chelsea in the presser has annoyed me. Needs to remember who currently pays his wages stop trying to remind people of stuff that happened years ago.

Flying_Heckfish

Martial on left and Sanchez on the right. Three in middle with Pogba on the left side of the three. Mata needs to be the one that drops out. It's been obvious since we signed Sanchez, only not to Jose.
    It makes too much sense unfortunately. I hope to see it, with Pogba and Martial back into form, but I can only see a similar selection again leading to a cagey game with poor individual performances. Hope I'm wrong.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
    Usual 9 pages of negative, depressing reading. I'm sure some secretly hope we lose tomorrow just to confirm their self-fulfilling prophecy.

No way we're going to lose to those feckers tomorrow. 2-0 to United if we field our strongest team.

Djemba-Djemba

Desperately need a win tomorrow.

Also need a performance. The last month or so has made for horrible viewing, it's not quite LVG levels of boring but it's seriously getting close.

Need to improve our first half performances. Too often we just do nothing in the first 45 minutes leaving us to panic in the 2nd half. An early goal would be huge.

Cloud7

Early excuses on the way. We also have the injuries excuse, the atmosphere at OT being shit excuse. I wonder what else will be thought of before and after the game if we lose or draw.
    We need £300 mill in fullbacks to compete. It’s all Pogba and Martial’s fault. Still second in the league so it’s progress. Stop being spoilt. Two trophies last season.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Romelu Lukaku image Romelu Lukaku 79% of 908 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 615 ratings.

Score Predictions