Wed, 6 December 2023 @ 8:15pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
    I’m still Ten Hag in. But even I won’t be able to handle Rashford starting. What kind of fecked yo message does that send?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
    Exactly. If they are being run into the ground in training its no surprise they dont run in matches, especially given the schedule and injurires
    These feckers complained that training was too light under the last coach.

pocco

loco
    Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    I’m still Ten Hag in. But even I won’t be able to handle Rashford starting. What kind of fecked yo message does that send?
    You could handle it in the last game though? He's been shit for ages and Antony had just put his best performance in again Galatasaray. I fully expect by the next game you'll be saying you're Ten Hag in but will give up if Rashford starts, after he's started tonight.

Telsim

Wait, Chelsea missing Gallagher makes you confident? How important is he for their football? Has he grown into a Lothar Matthäus level mid?
    Arguably their best and most consistent player this season, and he works hard which is our weakness. With him gone it should bring their midfield closer to our level.

Gordon S

Arguably their best and most consistent player this season, and he works hard which is our weakness. With him gone it should bring their midfield closer to our level.
    Enzo+Caicedo still feels streets ahead of any of our options imo. Hope i am wrong.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
    Rashford will start and honestly I don’t mind that. I’ve got every faith he will run around like a wild animal tonight and actually try his best.

Marcus

I'm sure they are running if that's what they're being asked in training. The point is you're not usually supposed to be doing hard running so often when you play as many games as us. Rest is key. And usually tactical work too but we don't do that.
    I agree on this as a a matter of logic but with no expertise. Once the season starts, unless you are looking to end the season stronger (but risk short term injury), it makes sense to moderate the pure running? But what do I know? It is possible to run so much in training that during matches you actually have difficulty putting in 100% effort due to fatigue I suppose.

Marcus

We can't see what happens during training. EtH has basically said that Rashford is doing well behind the scenes in training? Maybe the hard work hasn't paid off yet because he is still building up fitness? If Rashford is bad during matches because he trains well and is dropped, that also sends a negative signal. Sigh. I just don't know.

yamo123x

team id like to see IN A 4-4-1-1 FORMATION

ONANA

AWB VARANE SHAW REGUILON

PELLESTRI MAINOO AMRABAT GARNACHO

BRUNO
    HOJLUND

Its harsh on Maguire as he has been performing well but we need to freshen things up.
    I dont expect ETH to change the newcastle line up though, other than Hojlund for Martial

Marcus

Really really must win game. If not, this surely is the beginning of the end.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
    He’ll basically play the same team and same formation that has done so poorly all season and then the defence will be that the players are poor and don’t want to play for him. Rinse repeat until he’s gone.
    Yup.

'stick to the plan' is what he keeps saying. Well the plan aint working eric.

Telsim

Enzo+Caicedo still feels streets ahead of any of our options imo. Hope i am wrong.
    This is true on paper, but they haven't been as good as one would expect. If we play Bruno - Amrabat - Mainoo, we should be able to even the odds. But you can forget about it McTominay is present and doing his usual ghosting act. I'm hoping to see Varane as well.

AgentSmith

Onana
    AwB - Varane - Maguire - Shaw
    Amrabat - Mainoo
    Antony - Fernandes - Garnacho
    Hojlund
    Drop those who don't like to run and give up on this LCB 'passing angles' fetish.

Loon

:lol:
    Hope the crowd let them know we’re not going to let them get away with it.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
    Hopefully the crowd will be there to support the team. Like feck will I be booing any of our players in an important match v Chelsea. How will that inspire anyone to do well

AndySmith1990

Hopefully the crowd will be there to support the team. Like feck will I be booing any of our players in an important match v Chelsea. How will that inspire anyone to do well
    Funny old world we live in where people cheer for and support a group of privileged millionaires who can't be arsed trying

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
    Funny old world we live in where people cheer for and support a group of privileged millionaires who can't be arsed trying
    Ok, so which players should I boo every time they touch the ball and which ones should I cheer. Just to be sure I know I’m doing right

Red Rash

Onana
    AwB - Varane - Maguire - Shaw
    Amrabat - Mainoo
    Antony - Fernandes - Garnacho
    Hojlund
    Drop those who don't like to run and give up on this LCB 'passing angles' fetish.
    Yea this is probably the team I'd go for as well. Rashford and McTominay were both awful against Newcastle and to start them would be a horrendous decision. Even if they turned up to this game and put in great performances the decision to play them would be wrong.

We definitely need Varane back in the team and Shaw at LB. You could make an argument to try Pellistri on RW but I'm also not too mad at playing Antony there instead.

justsomebloke

Well with Rashford I suppose there's two issues;

1. How do you think the hurricane of criticism following the Newcastle loss will affect him - will it drive a response, or do you just validate the performance by starting him again?

2. What are the alternatives? Antony has not been much (if at all) better, and Pellistri is not in my opinion a serious alternative to start. He has not merited that with previous performances, and has never demonstrated a peak level that could justify it either.

I don't see Maguire being benched after recent performances, so I guess that leaves Varane out again.

RedDevilRoshi

Just hope we win.

Onana

AWB - Maguire - Shaw - Reguilon

McTominay - Mainoo

Antony - B.Fernandes - Garnacho

Højlund​

Bayindir, Dalot, Varane, Lindelof, Amrabat, Hannibal, Pellistri, Martial, Rashford

Manchester United 1-0 Chelsea

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    If we were to lose heavily tonight and fail to beat Bournemouth on Saturday, I think that would be the end for ETH. If were to be knocked out of the FA Cup by Wigan, I think he'd be gone less than 24 hours later.

As for tonight, I'm sure we'll make Chelsea look like European champions

pocco

loco
    Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    The OT crowd let's everything slide eventually. Pogba's antics under Jose, where they both should have been sent packing instead of just Jose, and the fans were lapping it up afterwards. Ole stunk the place out and, whilst I can understand not turning on a club legend, there was barely a murmur of discontent and instead we just sat and ate every shit sandwich he produced. The players in the final season under Ole/Rangnick were worse than now and that was quickly forgotten about. Rashford flirting with PSG, trying to fight fans outside OT whilst playing crap - quickly forgotten and more smoke blown up his arse.

Many United fans are just reactionary and go with the flow. It's part of the reason standards have slipped so far as nobody at the club has felt the pressure to do anything about it and so they've took the easy option every time. It'll be the same with Ten Hag until we're at absolute rock bottom. Scousers, Barcelona, Real Madrid...their supporters would be rioting if they had to endure some of what we have. We just sit by and watch it burn.

Loon

Blimey, not booing! “Attack! Attack!” and all that. Geeing them up. I’ve never booed at OT in my life.

Loon

The OT crowd let's everything slide eventually. Pogba's antics under Jose, where they both should have been sent packing instead of just Jose, and the fans were lapping it up afterwards. Ole stunk the place out and, whilst I can understand not turning on a club legend, there was barely a murmur of discontent and instead we just sat and ate every shit sandwich he produced. The players in the final season under Ole/Rangnick were worse than now and that was quickly forgotten about. Rashford flirting with PSG, trying to fight fans outside OT whilst playing crap - quickly forgotten and more smoke blown up his arse.

Many United fans are just reactionary and go with the flow. It's part of the reason standards have slipped so far as nobody at the club has felt the pressure to do anything about it and so they've took the easy option every time. It'll be the same with Ten Hag until we're at absolute rock bottom. Scousers, Barcelona, Real Madrid...their supporters would be rioting if they had to endure some of what we have. We just sit by and watch it burn.
    I’ve been going to OT for 40 years, not as much these days, sadly, but we can get them going without booing, I’ve been there when things are shit and frustration shows, but the crowd respond if the team responds. It doesn’t have to be entirely negative. They need to show for us.

SuperiorXI

I’ve been going to OT for 40 years, not as much these days, sadly, but we can get them going without booing, I’ve been there when things are shit and frustration shows, but the crowd respond if the team responds. It doesn’t have to be entirely negative. They need to show for us.
    I've been a few times recently and the fans are always behind the team but what I've noticed is when the team start phoning it in the fans don't want to give them support and rightly so. If they're not putting the work in they don't deserve backing. But if they try, even if we're losing, the support is absolutely there.

Hackman2210

Change the formation for feck sake - let’s go 442 with some wingers and play Bruno just off hojlund.
    Sick of this 433 shite.

hobbers

Onana
    AWB Maguire Shaw Reguilon
    Amrabat Mainoo
    Antony Bruno Garnacho
    Hojlund
    If Rashford and McT start, probably wont bother watching. At least with this formation you'd be able to push Bruno forward.

Speako

Loads of tickets available this morning, all around the ground.

RedUnited86

I thankfully missed the Newcastle game. Was Rashford as bad as people are making out?

Will be interesting to see if he starts tonight.

Jeffthered

I thought we would win against both Galatasary and Newcastle. So, now I think we will lose this evening (so, consequently) we will undoubtedly win.

It'll be a shoot-out because Chelsea have energy, and will probably look forward to having a go at us. That's the reality. I hope someone can take the mantle for us and get us through this game. Maybe a big night for Rasmus????

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 325 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw