Kick-off
Sat, 8 November 2014 @ 3:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 11 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Crashoutcassius

Get Rooney out of CM obv. He has never played well there. Get Herrera or someone who can pass a ball in there and we might see more fluidity.

Not sure what Januzaj has been upto either. Him cutting in on his right might work well in an even match, but with a team putting 11 behind the ball, giving it to januzaj who's marked by two players is never going to produce anything. Really woul be better off with the diamond that we saw weeks ago

redevil2

How can Di Maria go from the player he was at the beginning of the season to the lack of threat he's displaying now? It's baffling me.
    While SAF got the best out of players, always, it looks like after he left, no one is doing such job. Sigh

Asger

Please take of Fellaini for Herrera. Fellaini have been good last 2 or 3 games but today he is to slow on the ball and we don't need him at OT against teams like Crystal Palace. Would also like to see Wilson given a chance instead of Persie. No pace upfront at the moment.

And why does Di Maria take every corner? Doesn't remember any good corner kick from him this season. Its only halftime and we can and should score atleast 2 goals in second half.. Belive!

vibe

I can see what you lads meant by the whole "newbies shouldn't be allowed in matchday threads" stuff.

I apologize for ever disagreeing with it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Put wilson and herrera on for fellaini and januzaj and switch to a diamond. Or maybe just keep wilson for later and keep januzaj on as a striker. Either way, fellaini out, herrera on.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
    1 up top is not working. RVP forced wide to receive the ball. Nothing coming through the middle. Most of our play coming down the right through a poor looking Adnan.

Herrera on for Adnan and pushing Roo up top with rvp would be our best move.

We were also lucky twice from corners, Roo not tight enough or committed enough when marking.

Lennon

We need to go back to the diamond and with two strikers upfront. That wide play is killing us.

Walters_19_MuFc

Keeping it well, but no cutting edge. Our wingers and full backs have got into decent positions but very rarely have taken on the opposition full back. Need something special to happen in the final third.

Van Persie seems a bit isolated, at times. I'd go to a 4411, with Rooney slightly behind Robin.

Nice to have Carrick back. We've missed those penetrative passes through the middle. Just need to do more when we get into those great positions.

Wolverine

Shockingly bad half. Very slow and laboured. Really do think we need Herrera centrally for some new ideas, we are so predictable. It doesn't help that literally all of our midfield and attack is on poor form. Van Persie, Di Maria, Januzaj all have been poor. Rooney is taking too many touches.

Carrick has slotted back well, really missed his height and presence. McNair's done ok but lack of pace might be an issue for him. Blind is not a central defender. Shaw and Valencia a couple of poor passes. But even with that they're a very poor side but we need to massively pick it up to get three points. No urgency or directness whatsoever.

Not many options on the bench either but I'd be tempted to bring Herrera, Wilson on soon should we not see immediate improvement in the second half.

Dylan94

I'm trying to recall a time when I really enjoyed our games. It's been years. Feels like I'm putting myself through the wringer every time I watch us play.
    5-1 against Leverkusen away last season. That's the last game that sticks in my mind as being really enjoyable to watch. We played really well that night despite what you may say about Moyes. I enjoyed that game a lot. It was like the United of old. Counter attacking, fast paced, direct football.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
    I love Carrick, but he's turning into our Gerrard without the setpiece skills. He slows the game down too much.
    And Angel, stop taking corners.
    Disagree tbh Carrick has been playing the ball forward mostly into RVPs feet, the game slows down when the forward players get the ball as instead of taking on their man, they play the ball back.

simonhch

Horrible boss
    Supports
    Urban Combat Preparedness
    Patience can be a virtue in games like this when the other team shows up and plays 11 men behind the ball. The chance that fell to Palace was because of an utter brain fart from our two makeshift center halves, rather than a coaching failure.

We've kept the ball constantly but haven't created enough with it. One feels that we need better movement to make that happen. Januzaj has been largely awful, and Fellaini is too static. I'd bring on Herrera and Mata. Revert to the diamond with Carrick anchoring Di Maria and Herrera. Mata sitting behind RVP and Rooney.

Encourage the full backs to provide the width.

Let's see what Louis does. He's still an unknown quantity in matches like this.

Fer

If we are continue playing 433, Di Maria has to play as CM and we need to sign a new winger like Depay.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    We need to fill the box much much quicker. I have no idea why Rooney is playing so deep, especially when we have all the possession.

Hopefully lvg sorts this at Ht, as a win or less would be unacceptable

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
    Appauling. Januzaj and Van P off please. Mata and Herrera on. Play Rooney upfront. There is no movement or desire to make something happen. Id say Shaw and Carrick have performed ok, the rest of them.. cmon lads. They need to get fired up like our fans end of the half. Go out there and close this game quickly, we're utd ffs!

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
    Issues long term? Rooney and rvp.. is januzaj a first team winger, is di Maria better centrally?

Sylar

Were wasting Di Maria by keeping him on the left. Theres no point having Fellaini if were not going to cross to him when hes in the box. Might as well bring on Herrera for him and go to 442 diamond.

Rampant-red

1 up top is not working. RVP forced wide to receive the ball. Nothing coming through the middle. Most of our play coming down the right through a poor looking Adnan.

Herrera on for Adnan and pushing Roo up top with rvp would be our best move.

We were also lucky twice from corners, Roo not tight enough or committed enough when marking.

Yes RVP is on his own. Rooney and RVP will cause problems

Trizy

Only biggest problem is Rooney is too deep, obviously because our defense is shite but we need more bodies in front of their back four.

Shui_utd

Adnan played not worse than ADM. I don't understand why some many having an issue on him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 387 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw