JuriM

Bayrindir
    Dalot Varane Lindelöf whoever can play left back
    Amrabat
    Hannibal Bruno Mctominay
    Martial Garnacho

Rashford, Hojlund on bench.

Drz

I'd essentially line-up players that need minutes.
    Tempted to rest Lindelof and play Varane, but he gets injured so often that I'd only introduce him only at the 70th minute.

Onana
    Dalot Evans Lindelof Reguilon
    Amrabat Mebjri Eriksen
    Mount Martial Garnacho

JohnnyLaw

This is going to be my first visit to Old Trafford, circumstances could have been alot better but I can’t wait! :drool:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
    Wow, the rotation brigade really are out in force. Thank feck, at least ten Hag has the right attitude.

Resting players on Tuesday to see them get injured on Saturday anyway makes zero sense. A better incentive getting the job done early then hauling players off at HT.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Wow, the rotation brigade really are out in force. Thank feck, at least ten Hag has the right attitude.

Resting players on Tuesday to see them get injured on Saturday anyway makes zero sense. A better incentive getting the job done early then hauling players off at HT.
    :lol:

lysglimt

Scout
    Normally I would want us to field a fairly strong side, but with our injury problems - we can't afford to gamble with anyone who has a dodgy injury-record and is likely to play at the weekend. Rashford can get a rest, Casemiro the same - maybe even Bruno - even if he never gets injured anyway

Going forward we have enough players to manage nicely - Pellistri, Martial, V.d. Beek, Eriksen, Amrabat and Garnacho can all play from those who didn't start yesterday. Even if Martinez is fit, we can't risk him so if Maguire is fit - he should partner Evans. If Reguilon isn't fit, Dalot moves to leftback and Lindelöf plays right-back

lysglimt

Scout

This is Crystal Palace we are playing - not Harrogate Town or Morecambe - the chance of us getting the job done easy is less than 5%

RedPed

Whatabouter.
    This is Crystal Palace we are playing - not Harrogate Town or Morecambe - the chance of us getting the job done easy is less than 5%
    Exactly! So, "playing the kids" or "resting everyone" clearly not an option then.

cyberman

It’s the league cup, odds are Palace will rotate as well.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    We won the league cup last season, trophies are important but it's time to focus on real objectives. We broke the trophy drought so it's fine if we don't treat it that seriously. Though we need confidence back so that's a different matter. And with injuries, not like we have many options. Ideally I'd like to rest the full backs as we have no cover for them .. but we have no cover for them so they just have to play every single game for months which is rough. Reguilon unsure if he has a muscle injury but if he does in the slightest, don't risk it.

Martial
    Garnacho Bruno Pellistri
    Eriksen McTominay
    Dalot/Reg Evans Lindelof Amrabat
    Altay​

Robindinho

Maybe look to get a half/60mins from Varane...

Bayindir

Dalot Varane Lindelof Reguilon

Amrabat

Gore Eriksen

Pellistri Martial Garnacho​

Cantonagotmehere

No idea who to predict on D. Is MAguire out for a while? Reguilon needs a rest. Can Evans play again? I think he has to, unless McT plays CB?

Statue of Limitations

Don't usually care about 3rd round LC matches, but want us to build that momentum and get a streak of wins going. 2-0 with several key players taking a breather.

RuudTom83

Tricky one to manage, I’d prefer the league match first ideally.

Also considering United are not in the title race the Cup is somewhat worth trying to win a second time. (But I’m not totally convinced now that I’ve said that tbh)

abailey123

I think we’ll go pretty strong to be honest. We need to breed confidence and build upon a win. We’ve got to be careful with the fullbacks so I’d be resting

Bayindir

Lindelof Varane Evans Dalot

Casemiro McTominay

Rashford Bruno Garnacho

Hojlund

Bring the likes of Martial, Pellistri and Amrabat on.

Gerald G

I would typically go quite strong but with the amount of injuries, I do think it'd be wise to rest a few.

Bayindir
    Dalot--Lindelof--Evans--Don't know
    McTominay--Eriksen
    Pellistri--Fernandes--Garnacho
    Martial​

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
    Really don’t care about this comp we won’t win it anyway so I’d just play under 21s and give any “senior” players match fitness they may need.

IRELANDUNITED

Would like to see Amrabat starting and Garnacho. Pellisrti on the right wing. I’d also like to see the new sub goalkeeper starting but ten Hag played de gea in almost every game last season so I can’t see Onana not starting. Is E. Fernandez injured? Hasn’t seen him mentioned as a potential starting left back.

Marcus

Our LB Position is so decimated that the Caf line-up predictor probably does not have the name of our possible youth team player.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
    Scout
    Bayindir

Four fit (or semi-fit?) defenders

Eriksen - Amrabat - McT

Pellestri - Martial - Garnacho.

Siorac

Bruno, Rashford, Casemiro, Hojlund, and Varane should be nowhere near this game. Preferably not even allowed inside the stadium.

(but based on last season, they'll probably all start)

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
    Don’t have a clue who could play defence for us if not our only fit first team defenders.

I would like Garnacho, Amrabat and Pellestri to start. Give Martial a game up top.

Fill in the gaps Erik.

Hughes35

I think it's more important than ever to play a strong team, win and start to build some confidence / momentum.

We are not in a position to heavily rotate..... A few changes are fine and players to get minutes but some of these line ups are crazy.

I'd play:

------------------------------------------Onana-----------------------------------
    AWB----------------------Varane-------------Martinez-----------------Reguilon
    -------------------------Amrabat---------------Hannibal----------------------
    Pellistri------------------------------Bruno----------------------------------Garnacho
    -----------------------------------------Hojlund-----------------------------------------

Martial, Mount and Maguire to come on to get some much needed minutes. With Casemiro or Eriksen also coming on to replace Amrabat as he comes back to fitness.

Mickson

Bayindir/Heaton (really don't care)
    Dalot, Lindelof, Maguire/Evans, Regulion
    Gore, Eriksen
    Pellistri, Hannibal, Garnacho
    Martial

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
    Stevenage
    No idea why people are posting these line ups with Gore, Bayindir etc as we know ETH will play the strongest team available every game, we've had it for over a year

ShinjiNinja26

Have you watched us this season? If we go with that plan then our first team will be on the pitch for at least 80 minutes as we’re certainly not getting the job done early. We’ll be lucky to finish the game two goals up, never mind doing that by halftime.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
    We're playing them twice in a row, aren't we? We need to get some momentum so it would be nice to win them both. I don't think we can afford to just play the u21s in this. Normally I'd be all for playing the reserves or youths but we sort of need to get a streak going - and we are already down to the reserves.
    Nah. Fill it with kids and make then run the park out of palace to tire them

Mike Smalling

Don't really understand the logic behind heavy rotation and using youngsters. We are much more in need of consistency, gelling the team, and stringing wins together than resting players.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 270 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw