Kick-off
Fri, 6 January 2023 @ 8:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Gasolin

Anyone knows what's our missing game ? where it will be played ? and when its going to be re-scheduled ?
    We have Crystal Palace and Leeds. I don’t recall which one was due to the funeral of the queen when all games got cancelled but I think the one that was not due to the funeral was Leeds.

Telsim

Go all out and smash these. Kicking both Everton out of the cup and Lampard out of the job would make for a good evening.

Todd

Anyone know how this can be watched in the USA? They don't put F.A. Cup matches on the normal places I'm able to watch EPL or CL/UL matches.

Gator Nate

Anyone know how this can be watched in the USA? They don't put F.A. Cup matches on the normal places I'm able to watch EPL or CL/UL matches.
    For FA cup, it's ESPN+... and if you buy cable, like I do from Xfinity, or have a package, like I do, from Verizon mobile, you might have it for "free."

As for CL/UL, it's Paramount+, same deal. I have Xfinity, so I get it for "free."

Gerald G

De Gea
    Dalot--Varane--Martinez--Malacia
    Casemiro--Fred
    Antony--Bruno--Rashford
    Martial

Subs: McTominay > Casemiro; Garnacho > Rashford; Elanga > Martial; Iqbal/Mainoo > Bruno​

Of course this all depends if we are winning comfortably (the last sub would be for like the last 5 mins)

Todd

For FA cup, it's ESPN+... and if you buy cable, like I do from Xfinity, or have a package, like I do, from Verizon mobile, you might have it for "free."

As for CL/UL, it's Paramount+, same deal. I have Xfinity, so I get it for "free."
    Hmm, I am an Xfinity customer, I'll have to see if I've got access to ESPN+

Thanks!

Red the Bear

Something less generic
    Heaton
    Awb Lisandro Harry malacia
    Scott Fred
    Zidane
    Antony martial garnacho​

Lights Out

We have Crystal Palace and Leeds. I don’t recall which one was due to the funeral of the queen when all games got cancelled but I think the one that was not due to the funeral was Leeds.
    Palace away was postponed along with all PL fixtures the weekend after she died.

Leeds at home was one of a few postponed the weekend before the funeral because it’s high level police game and they couldn’t spare the resources.

We didn’t have a league game for a month.

Both games are still to be rescheduled

nemanja15

Bruno will definitely play as he’s suspended for Charlton. You’d expect Dalot, Varane, Martinez and Malacia to be the back four… probably McFred with Garnacho, Elanga and Martial?

RedDevilRoshi

A few changes but not too many. Play a strong starting XI first and then make subs as the game progresses. We can rotate the whole eleven for the Charlton game on Tuesday.

DDG

Dalot - Varane - Martinez - Shaw

Casemiro - Fred

Garnacho - B.Fernandes - Rashford

Martial​

Subs: Heaton, AWB, Lindelof, Malacia, McTominay, Iqbal, Mainoo, Antony, Elanga

Score Prediction: Manchester United 2-0 Everton

SAF is the GOAT

IMO Dalot needs to play at least 45 minutes in this game just to making him running make him fit bit by bit

sepulturite

Go full strength, get a couple goals, then make 5 substitutions. ETH will always play his strongest available side, I don’t know why people keep thinking he won’t.
    Maybe people think it because he didn't play his strongest side the other day against Bournemouth?

Wing Attack Plan R

Maybe people think it because he didn't play his strongest side the other day against Bournemouth?
    Who out of the strongest XI was available who didn’t start? He played everyone who could start who would be considered starting XI. When you see Fred and McT start while Eriksen and Casemiro are fit, that’s rotating the team. AWB played because Dalot wasn’t ready, same with the center back choices.

Last edited:

EliotTheRed

To show how far we’ve come under EtH, I’m sure the majority of posters/ fans agree with me in that I can’t wait for the next game to come around now.

Remember (but don’t dwell!) last season? And previous seasons under LvG and JM, you’d dread watching us because the football would be tumescent or we’d simply get a pasting.

The positivity and buzz around the team now is completely night and day, I hope we absolutely batter these tonight, and Charlton next week, ready to go into the derby game.

Kag

Who out of the strongest XI was available who didn’t start? He played everyone who could start who would be considered starting XI. When you see Fred and McT start while Eriksen and Casemiro are fit, that’s rotating the team. AWB played because Dalot wasn’t ready, same with the center back choices.
    He deliberately rested Varane for the Bournemouth game. This was also the correct thing to do, of course; his games need managing and we didn’t need him as badly against that sort of opposition.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
    Staff
    Supports
    Everton
    From Lampards conference we are probably going to play how we did against City. Get to half time at 0-0 and we can maybe nick a 1-0 or a draw.

Siorac

In an ideal world, Rashford, Bruno, Eriksen, Casemiro and Varane wouldn't even be on the bench for the two cup games, with City and Arsenal coming up. I know that won't happen but I wish we fully rotated for these. I'm always scared of the domestic cups potentially derailing our season.

Kag

In an ideal world, Rashford, Bruno, Eriksen, Casemiro and Varane wouldn't even be on the bench for the two cup games, with City and Arsenal coming up. I know that won't happen but I wish we fully rotated for these. I'm always scared of the domestic cups potentially derailing our season.
    I genuinely don’t understand this logic. We haven’t won a trophy in years and the FA Cup is a great opportunity for Ten Hag to make his mark on the club with some silverware. He isn’t going to rest players against Premier League opposition.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Marcus Rashford image Marcus Rashford 94% of 247 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 215 ratings.

Score Predictions