FA W FA Cup 3rd Round

Manchester United 3:1 Everton

Post-match discussion

Fri, 06 January 2023

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
Man Utd 1:0 Everton - Antony (4')

Man Utd 1:1 Everton - Coady (19')

Man Utd 2:1 Everton - Coady (52' o.g.)

Man Utd 3:1 Everton - Rashford (90' + 7 pen)

always_hoping

A win and would have been a clean sheet but for schoolboy error by DeGea. Better team won however the performance and amount errors in it will be punished by Man City and Arsenal in the upcoming game if repeated.

cyberman

Good win. The days of struggling against these hard working teams seems to be coming to an end (hopefully)

BorisManUtd

Poor performance but good win to go to the next round. Rashford obvious MoTM, I'll be really worried if we don't sign a striker this month because other attacking players are not playing well atm.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Nice win against a team full of physical pricks. Hope they join Burnley in the championship.

DeGea

Ten Hag MOTM tonight: proactive subs and reacted well tactically. No ego, accepted needed 5 at the back and get McFred on to park the bus.

RedDevilRoshi

A couple of nervy moments but we got the result. Rashford is like a new signing - another fantastic display.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We sure do love giving teams hope through dumb decisions rather than just making it a straightforward game. Bad final 3rd decision making kept it at 1-0 initially and then de Gea with the horrific mistake gave them belief, and then it's just a cup tie. Rashford the only one who played well throughout, the rest a bit all over the place.

FujiVice

A proper Everton vs Man United fixture from the 90s that. Got the win and had to work for it.

Rustyspider13

Job done. Almost made a mess out of that but we deserved to win that tie. Thank you Rashford.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Between the two teams, I’ve rarely seen the ball given away so cheaply so often. If Everton weren’t in a such a mess, that might have been a flashback to last season with a comical De Gea mistake the headline.

Swedish_Plumber

Think we could’ve been 2/3 up before that DDG incident.

Played some really good stuff before that. Rashford able to rack up goals and assists again is great.

BarstoolProphet

Entertaining game. Rashford MotM. Garnacho showing Bruno what happens when he plays the ball at the right time to him

pogbasformerbarber

Not a breeze, but we seem so…competent. It’s almost jarring because it’s been so long since I’ve felt that way.

rooney2009

Into the next round
Looked like Martial came off with a groin injury- hope I’m wrong as we need him for City and Arsenal

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I can't stress enough how much I love the fact that Ten Hag team knows how to become pragmatic and keep the lead in the last minutes of a game. Changing to back three, smart ways to slow down the game - these are necessary things of a team that wants to be consistent. We won't win every game with big lead and keeping a small lead, not throwing away games is such huge benefit compared to Ole days

Dannn411

We are too open in midfield. Eriksen is a passenger off the ball and offers nothing defensively. That is the number one problem but it looks like Ten Hag is not going change it. We can't keep playing like this.

UDontMessWith24

Lots of moaning in the match thread. Unless you've tried to play 3 professional football matches in 6 days at the highest level, have a seat.

Chairman Steve

Made that game a bit harder than it should have been. DDG for their goal was quite frankly ludcrious. Like what the feck.

We either looked sloppy, or overplayed it too much and sometimes the link ups between certain players was strangely non-existent.

MonkeysMagic

Take the result but the performance was very patchy. And no one does lapses in concentration better than Utd. Gray was a threat all match primarily because he enjoyed more space in this game then he will in all the remaining games put together!

Bruno should've been subbed first half and got worse as the game went on. And for anyone wondering why we need a striker, I give you Martial performance of nothingness.

LARulz

To be fair, with the knowledge we won, I am glad we had a tough game. Stops our players getting too carried away and also shows that we can stick it out a whole game without heads dropping too much/too long. Against the likes of City and Arsenal our concentration and ability to self motivate will be key

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Don't think we did too well, didn't create enough but we don't half put a shift in these days.

When we play every 3 days I don't expect swashbuckling football every match.

BorisManUtd

Hopefully we draw easy opponent in next round. With amount of games yet to be played in all comps we need many easy ones.

arnoldS

Great match to watch and a well deserved win. Can't believe some of the negativity here once again.

Tony247

Good game. Dominated the match even when we were sloppy. Good sign.

Man of the Match

Marcus Rashford image Marcus Rashford 94% of 247 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 215 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw