FA W FA Cup 3rd Round

Manchester United 3:1 Everton

Post-match discussion

Fri, 06 January 2023

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Rashford sounds depressed

King Eric 7

MOTM is too much of a no-brainer tonight. One player really turned up but the rest were good to mediocre.

I’m loving my life

Everton are an abomination of a derby team.

Roll over continually for their derby rival

Play their cup final continuously against the rivals of their derby rival

RedIan

Enjoyed the game. Everton made a match of it in periods but we largely dominated But it wasnt easy.
Varane and Shaw look a very good centre back pairing and played so high up the pitch.
Rashford so dangerous throughout and motm. Fred looked very good when he came on again.
Antony will get slagged by the moaners, he scored and did ok. More to come from him deffinately.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Very happy with the win. Everton are always hard to play against, doesn't matter what kind of run they're currently on, so it's good to get through it.

krazyrobus

I see Rashford's back surgery was successful cuz that man is carrying us.

Dalot and Antony don't click, don't look like they will ever click based on their styles.

Antony is a souped up Valencia.

When the hell did Fred become a competent passer?

Irwin99

Tough physical game but deserved win.

Rashford MOTM by a mile. He's carrying our attack at the moment with Martial doing just alright and Antony (who played well) but is a bit inconsistent at times. Need a striker because we're playing a risky game with all these fixtures.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Sloppier than desired at times but another win.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
An okay game from us but doesn't really change anything. Need to play like that in the games that matter and cut out individual mistakes otherwise we will be playing in the Championship next season.

wangyu

What did we think of Malacia’s 2 tackles? The one that injured iwobi (i think) and the one right before substitution?

Maybe rash tackles but I don’t know I liked them

edgymnerch

Ugly win and it shows we need to rest and make a ton of rotations against Charlton otherwise fatigue will catch up which is the last thing we want in this tight schedule

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Need a striker, we'll never win a title with Martial leading the line.

wangyu

An okay game from us but doesn't really change anything. Need to play like that in the games that matter and cut out individual mistakes otherwise we will be playing in the Championship next season.
I thought what the hell!? But then noticed you’re an Everton man.
For what it is worth I‘ve seen enough you guys won’t go down.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Some really nice quick passing moves which look like they’re working on in training, always positive to see. Didn’t always work and we were caught out a few times with Bruno’s stupid flicks which he insists on doing.

Rashford played well, ran at the defence and created problems.

Our right side with dalot and Antony just doesn’t click, Antony needs to run at his man more I feel, too predictable with that left foot. Dalot didn’t have a great game, some silly passes.

Casemiro also didn’t have a fantastic night, some really sloppy passes which Everton broke away from.

Martial wasn’t great but got into some good positions and should have had a goal for 2-0 but it was a decent save from Pickford.

Overall, it was an decent performance with sloppiness sprinkled throughout. Made it more difficult than it had to be. Didn’t capitulate after the silly equaliser so that shows some mental resolve of the lads.

Ref didn’t help at all, he was fairly shite.

Need to tighten up before the City game if we want a chance of some points but generally on the right track. Well done.

Last edited:

Glorio

We need another DM, doesn't need to be world class or anything but has to actually have the positional sense of a DM. Once Uncle Case left, we were wide open.

I keep saying Eriksen off the ball concerns me despite his obvious class on the ball. He seems so easy to go past, he's slow, and he seems to lose every single duel he's in. Against City and Arsenal, that's not filling me with much confidence.

Bruno seems to be in super rush mode again. When it works it looks glorious (like when he released Antony earlier), when they don't come off, which is most times, it's really frustrating.

Anyways 3-1 win against PL opposition is nothing to turn one's nose at, so reasons to be cheerful

space

Enjoyed that, thought the passing and movement was good, should have won by more. Still need a lot of work but things are slowly coming together. Need that number 9 but you can tell the players are getting more in sync. I liked some of the riskier passes tonight even if they didn't come off. Annoyed by the DDG error but overall happy. Scrappy game and glad we didn't get any injuries.

Though Malacia and Rashy were great. Antony frustrating but in moments good (also liked his defensive work). Bruno looks like he needs a goal and Martial looked a bit off the pace but done okay. Varane and Shaw solid.

Samoerai Jack

Really fun game. A bit of overconfidence and the team not quite yet clicking together. Yet this is the style of football I hoped ETH would bring out. Passion, hard work and directness.

And Rashford, he went up a level. What a presence.

Herman Toothrot

Some needless whinging. Decent cup tie and through to the next round. Let's get Rashford, Bruno, Christian Eriksen, Casimero and Varane wrapped up for next weekend.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Genuinely enjoyable game for neutrals, I loved every minute. You winning was never really in doubt, but it was a lot of fun to watch. Rashford just gets better and better.

12oskell

I’m just glad we won after having to listen to Lee Dixon for over 90 mins. It’s 2023 surely we can have options for no commentary, just in stadium audio

The Dane

Good to see how everyone is fighting and running that extra mile. Massive change from previous seasons.
I am very positive going into the next two difficult PL games.

wangyu

Is it just me or did Rashford play a bit selfish. I like his new confidence a,d that he continues to take on his man but here and there maybe he had better options?
I expect Antony to do this…

foolsgold

Fairly average performance all round but good enough to get past Everton, felt we always had another gear if we needed it. Encouraging.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Job done. Through to next round without playing well bar Rashford & possibly Casemiro. Once again our shortcomings a 9 were apparent.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Good win overall, must improve against city though.

tjb

For rotation purposes, might we test Martinez at DM.

The game seemed to come apart when Casemiro went off which is why the suggestion has been made.

This game could have been a demolition if we maintained our seriousness. De Gea's error cooled us down.

I know many people will be slightly impatient in regard to Antony's performances. I think he's learning how to get space at this level. Right now Rashford is carrying our attack. His game has improved so much. Hopefully Antony and Sancho both start playing at the elite level we expect them to do soon.

Martial is a limited striker, but I do believe he's good enough for us, just needs to not be our main centre forward, but rather competing with another one.

Glorio

I see Rashford's back surgery was successful cuz that man is carrying us.

Dalot and Antony don't click, don't look like they will ever click based on their styles.

Antony is a souped up Valencia.

When the hell did Fred become a competent passer?
When he came on, he was spreading cross field balls like prime Scholes :lol:

mav_9me

Worrying performances back to back. No control. I think we are starting to see limitations of Eriksen as CM. Too much defensive burden on just Casemiro.

Stretfordender

Well done united, onwards with momentum building. Everton in whatever form is always a difficult game.

Glorio

Is it just me or did Rashford play a bit selfish. I like his new confidence a,d that he continues to take on his man but here and there maybe he had better options?
I expect Antony to do this…
I thought he was great in his decision making to be honest

Fts 74

Scoreline about right I think good to keep the momentum going we weren't great but good enough.

Man of the Match

Marcus Rashford image Marcus Rashford 94% of 247 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 215 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw