Kick-off
Sat, 9 March 2024 @ 12:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

LordSpud

Oh noes, whatever shall we do to defend those pot shots!
    I think it's more the point that a shite team like Everton has managed to get off 22 shots. Okay they've done nothing but let's see how Liverpool fare next week with 20+ shots at our goal. Could be a bloodbath again

evil_geko

I think it's more the point that a shite team like Everton has managed to get off 22 shots. Okay they've done nothing but let's see how Liverpool fare next week with 20+ shots at our goal. Could be a bloodbath again
    I couldn't care if they had 50 shots if 45 of them were long range stat padding pot shots, like vast majority of Everton's was. Only stat Andys can get annoyed at bollocks like that.

charlton66

Supports
    Golden State
    Commentator at the end said it all. "United tighten their grip on 6th."

RedDevilQuebecois

Are we hoping Villa beat spurs tomorrow? Surely we aren’t catching them, may as well hope spurs lose
    I guess so, but that does not change much to the Champions League spots as the prospect of England earning a 5th spot for next season in the new 36-team format has been dampened by shitty English performances in Europe, which lowers the country's overall coefficient.

In other words: we are still stuck with a top 4 rather than a top 5.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
    I couldn't care if they had 50 shots if 45 of them were long range stat padding pot shots, like vast majority of Everton's was. Only stat Andys can get annoyed at bollocks like that.
    Do you wonder why we regularly have 20 plus shots against us? Do other too half teams in the league regularly have 20 shots against? Genuinely curious if it’s just us or not

evil_geko

Do you wonder why we regularly have 20 plus shots against us? Do other too half teams in the league regularly have 20 shots against? Genuinely curious if it’s just us or not
    I don't know, maybe because opposition thinks Onana is a weak link or something. Who cares, they are wasting an attack with those shots, I welcome it.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
    Scout
    Crap performance by both teams, and doubt we could have scored from open play if we played for another hour. Good thing Everton decided to match us in their inability to hit a barn door.

TsuWave

Mate you just had a whinge about us not being completely dominant with an injury plagued side even though we are beating Everton 2-0.

Your agenda is crystal clear. I never said we dominate teams free from injury on the regular, you're just making up an argument in your own head and getting annoyed at it.
    Again, I posted NBC half-time commentary/analysis - and you felt persecuted. So much so you tried to pass-up 54% possession as a qualifier that they were wrong - when the statement was they expected a dominant United on the ball. You then went to your good old injuries bag, and I said I've seen us play without so many injuries and we didn't look dominant either.

Do you think your agenda isn't crystal clear or something? Like, do you think mine's transparent and yours is hazy? what?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    Again, I posted NBC half-time commentary/analysis - and you felt persecuted. So much so you tried to pass-up 54% possession as a qualifier that they were wrong - when the statement was they expected a dominant United on the ball. You then went to your good old injuries bag, and I said I've seen us play without so many injuries and we didn't look dominant either.

Do you think your agenda isn't crystal clear or something? Like, do you think mine's transparent and yours is hazy? what?
    I love that line of argument - "I don't have an agenda I promise, I just shared a commentary before following up with a whinge about how we aren't dominant"
    Before then moving goalposts to say we wouldn't have been dominant without so many injuries anyway (okay let's make up hypothetical now because you know, banter).

Jesus wept you're the worst type of supporter.

TsuWave

I love that line of argument - "I don't have an agenda I promise, I just shared a commentary before following up with a whinge about how we aren't dominant".

Jesus wept you're the worst type of supporter.
    More "woe is me" babble.

You seemingly get all flustered when people criticise anything about Ten Hag's team. If you think that first half was good, good for you. Everton were dangerous in the first half, and we weren't as dominant as you'd want us to be against the 16th placed team, at home. I posted a transcript of their half-time discussion - you retorted with that whole injuries thing, and all I said was I've seen us play without XYZ injuries and we weren't dominant then. Now it's all "you're the worst type of-", man save it.

Even weirder because I've not actually said anything/much about today's performance. I mean, there's a search button in this thread. Odd behaviour.

Rauður Djöfull

ETH not doing enough despite three points and decent results in 2024 to show Ratcliffe and co he should stay

Same goes for plenty of players who can't seem to play any kind of football or maintain the headspace needed at this level

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    More "woe is me" babble.

You seemingly get all flustered when people criticise anything about Ten Hag's team. If you think that first half was good, good for you. Everton were dangerous in the first half, and we weren't as dominant as you'd want us to be against the 16th placed team, at home. I posted a transcript of their half-time discussion - you retorted with that whole injuries thing, and all I said was I've seen us play without XYZ injuries and we weren't dominant then. Now it's all "you're the worst type of-", man save it.

Even weirder because I've not actually said anything/much about today's performance. I mean, there's a search button in this thread. Odd behaviour.
    I dont think it was a 'bad' first half, no way near as bad as you tried to insinuate.

I'm fine with critiquing Ten Hag and have done. In fact I've listed some games I was pissed off with. But to complain when we are 2-0 up at HT with this level of injury is just an idiot post, there's no other word to describe it. "But we aren't dominant today" - I mean what the actual feck? The level of injuries we have is mental, and we were still having more of the ball, threatening on our breaks and organized in the back - and we here whingers still come out. feck sake some of you lot are terrible.

TsuWave

I dont think it was a 'bad' first half, no way near as bad as you tried to insinuate.

I'm fine with critiquing Ten Hag and have done. In fact I've listed some games I was pissed off with. But to complain when we are 2-0 up at HT with this level of injury is just an idiot post, there's no other word to describe it. "But we aren't dominant today" - I mean what the actual feck? The level of injuries we have is mental, and we were still having more of the ball, threatening on our breaks and organized in the back - and we here whingers still come out. feck sake some of you lot are terrible.
    You not thinking it was a bad first half means what to me? Won't even entertain your unhinged attempt at adding "levels of bad" to my supposed insinuations - something that you ascertained from me posting half-time punditry. Crazy stuff

Football is more than just scoreline. Do you think commentary and criticism stop because United is 2-0 at half-time or something? United is missing three, arguably four starters, with the rest of injured players being squad players. Out of the 3 starters missing - two are part of the back 4. This isn't the insurmountable/"mental" level of injuries you've convinced yourself, and keep trying to convince other people, it is. Certainly not to the point that it would temper my - and evidently other people's expectations regarding how we want United to look on the ball at OT against 16th placed Everton.

All that said, it still comes down to me posting half-time analysis from pundits - and you feeling persecuted. "feck sake some of you lot are terrible" is just unhinged. I don't particularly think some of you are great, but I'm not babbling about it all because some of you might think injuries are a good enough qualifier to excuse any/every performance level.

Rest.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    You not thinking it was a bad first half means what to me? Won't even entertain your unhinged attempt at adding "levels of bad" to my supposed insinuations - something that you ascertained from me posting half-time punditry. Crazy stuff
    I am actually based it on your silly followup whinging about not being dominant despite the injuries today. You sharing commentary painted to look bad for the manager speaks for itself aside from that.

By the way I didn't bother reading the nonsense beyond that first paragraph.

Ole'sgunnarwin

I don't get that mentality, you are right, I am too busy watching an actual football game instead of useless pot shot stats.
    Do you think this pot shot stat is irrelevant?

Teams facing 15 or more shots this season:

Arsenal 0
    Man City 2
    Liverpool 4
    Villa 4
    Tottenham 7
    Man United 14

Last edited:

evil_geko

Do you think this pot shit stat is irrelevant?

Arsenal 0
    Man City 2
    Liverpool 4
    Villa 4
    Tottenham 7
    Man United 14
    This doesn't make those pot shots any more relevant does it. It might show that opposition thinks Onana is a weak link so they try mor elong range shots against us. But that would require thinking about context and not only looking at fecking numbers all the time.

TsuWave

I actually based it on your silly followup whinging about not being dominant despite the injuries today. You sharing commentary painted to look bad for the manager speaks for itself aside from that.
    That explains it. Your habitually poor reading comprehension let you down once more.

The pundits said they expected us to be dominant. You retorted with "54% possession" and I clarified "certainly not dominant - which, I'm assuming is the core part that's conflicting with their expectations", thus said commentary.

By the way I didn't bother reading the nonsense beyond that first paragraph.
    I know you read it. You tried this before in another thread.

Glorio

Arsenal 0
    Man City 2
    Liverpool 4
    Villa 4
    Tottenham 7
    Man United 14
    Talk about landing a point!
    To be honest I didn't need to see that, the stats and the eye test very clearly show we are very open and rarely have control over a game.

That said, the second half was a massive improvement

Stadjer

Arsenal 0
    Man City 2
    Liverpool 4
    Villa 4
    Tottenham 7
    Man United 14
    With the way you spelled pot shot stat, your subconscious is telling you how you really feel about that stat. As long as those shots arent dangerous (which they mostly arent), im happy with opponents taking them.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    That explains it. Your habitually poor reading comprehension let you down once more.

The pundits said they expected us to be dominant. You retorted with "54% possession" and I clarified "certainly not dominant - which, I'm assuming is the core part that's conflicting with their expectations", thus said commentary.
    That wasn't a response to the dominant bit :lol: what on earth are you on about. And you say my comprehension was bad.

It was a response that we are just a counter attacking side. One that weirdly had more possession and were able to carve out penalties from non counter moments.

I know you read it. You tried this before in another thread.
    I didn't read that post beyond the first paragraph. Not sure what "tried this before" is about, I generally don't give my time to nonsense.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Alejandro Garnacho image Alejandro Garnacho 67% of 205 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 188 ratings.

Score Predictions