KO: 17.30 GMT

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
De Gea
Rafael---Smalling---Vidic---Evra
Nani---Carrick---Cleverley---Kagawa
Rooney
RVP​

Strongest team I think for this one - Smalling for Rio being a change as the former needs games I think. Harsh on Welbeck, and Hernandez must be getting frostbite by now, but this is the team I'd like.

Devil may care

Lindegaard

Rafael
Smalling
Evans
Buttner

Nani
Carrick
Anderson
Giggs

Rooney
Hernandez

SER19

Lindegaard

jones
smalling
evans
buttner

nani
cleverley
anderson
giggs

rooney
hernandez

NinjaFletch

Don't see any reason to rest Rafael, doesn't look tired. Doesn't seem to do well with time off.

Rafael-Smalling-Evans-Büttner
Nani-Carrick-Anderson-Giggs
Rooney-Hernandez

nemanja15

de Gea

Rafael
Smalling
Vidic
Buttner

Nani
Carrick
Anderson
Giggs

Rooney
Hernandez

SUBS: Lindegaard, Jones, Scholes, Cleverley, Valencia, Welbeck, van Persie.

I say rest Ferdinand in this game and play Vidic; then Rio can play midweek with Evans for Southampton and then both can play the following weekend away to Fulham.

hp88

Hoping we play a full strength squad and the get job done on the night as we don't want to see another replay on the fixture list.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Team should be...

GK: De Gea

RB: Jones
CB: Vidic
CB: Evans
LB: Buttner

RM: Nani
CM: Anderson
CM: Giggs
LM: Young

CF: Rooney
CF: Hernandez

Subs: Lindegaard, Jones, Smalling, Scholes, Valencia, Welbeck, RVP

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
The league game worries me more but with the uncertainties of rotation and tinkering with systems you just never know.

After yesterday Anderson is my first name on the team sheet, hopefully he can negate somewhat our tendency to admire the paintwork of penalty area once we take the lead. However not with Giggs in central midfield.

Any chance of Powell playing thin this btw?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Lindegaard

Jones-------Smalling-------Evans-------Buttner

Anderson-------Scholes

Valencia-------Rooney--------Giggs

Hernandez​

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
The league game worries me more but with the uncertainties of rotation and tinkering with systems you just never know.

After yesterday Anderson is my first name on the team sheet, hopefully he can negate somewhat our tendency to admire the paintwork of penalty area once we take the lead. However not with Giggs in central midfield.

Any chance of Powell playing thin this btw?
Didn't he go out on loan or did it not materialize?

ben_foster

On Loan to Watford
i said this in the spurs thread but........while welbeck is playing well, linking up well particlularly with rvp, cleverley and kagawa then he should stay in the team. rooney should have to force his way back in by impressing in the 30 minutes he gets as a sub.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
He always used to score at Old Trafford too. Be it against bottom to mid-table teams, but still.
I don't think his record for Spurs against us is all that great, can remember maybe two goals at a most.

Of course he has a point to prove against us and given we are playing Fulham twice in the next month he is bound to come good at least once.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I don't think his record for Spurs against us is all that great, can remember maybe two goals at a most.

Of course he has a point to prove against us and given we are playing Fulham twice in the next month he is bound to come good at least once.
He also scored at OT for Leverkusen

Man-United

We got the biggest and best squad in the league, use it! No need to play van Persie, Carrick or Evra for example in this one when we got very good backup players.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Another chance for Jones and Smalling to play together. Rooney and Nani should both start, as should Giggs after his performance against West Ham. I expect almost a whole different side than the one that lined up against Spurs.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I wouldn't mind seeing both Welbeck and Hernandez in the line up. Anderson and Nani should play as well, we need to get them back to match fitness. Jones has deserved a start on is two recent showings, at CB preferably. Then Büttner for Evra.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
It's Kagawa who has kept Hernandez out of the team not Welbeck.

stubie

Lindegaard

Smalling
Jones
Evans
Buttner

Nani
Powell
Scholes
Young

Hernandez
Rooney

Someone bound to question it

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Expecting at least 9 changes to the side that drew at Spurs.

Something like:

Lindegaard
Jones Smalling Evans Buttner
Valencia Giggs Anderson Nani
Rooney
Hernandez​

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Ticket sales for the match have been suspended due to pricing irregularities.

We were charging the Fulham fans £5 more in some cases which was in breach of a prior agreement of £45 for both clubs.

Hopefully an administrative error, bloody stupid otherwise.

Maagge

Why are people predicting such changed lineups? Surely our strongest XI is still our strongest XI? :S
We have a couple of players in need of game time, Nani, Anderson and Rooney spring to mind. Then we have Hernandez, Jones and Welbeck who deserves game time. And Valencia who needs to find his form. Add to that Evra probably needs a rest or could do with one, same for Rafael. Thus there's plenty of room for speculation regarding the line-up.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
We have a couple of players in need of game time, Nani, Anderson and Rooney spring to mind. Then we have Hernandez, Jones and Welbeck who deserves game time. And Valencia who needs to find his form. Add to that Evra probably needs a rest or could do with one, same for Rafael. Thus there's plenty of room for speculation regarding the line-up.
Jones and Welbeck just played 90 and that wouldn't be a change, Nani, Ando and Roo I can understand but they are all debatable as to whether they are part of the strongest XI anyway, seems strange that people choosing Linde over DDG to me at least...

Maagge

Jones and Welbeck just played 90 and that wouldn't be a change, Nani, Ando and Roo I can understand but they are all debatable as to whether they are part of the strongest XI anyway, seems strange that people choosing Linde over DDG to me at least...
But Welbeck and Jones aren't part of our strongest XI. I agree that Rooney (for sure), Ando and Nani probably are part of the strongest XI.
I can see us play Lindegaard because that wouldn't be a surprise knowing Fergie, so I guess that's why people choose him over De Gea.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
But Welbeck and Jones aren't part of our strongest XI. I agree that Rooney (for sure), Ando and Nani probably are part of the strongest XI.
I can see us play Lindegaard because that wouldn't be a surprise knowing Fergie, so I guess that's why people choose him over De Gea.
Out of interest, did SAF not say for the second part of the season he wouldn't rotate DDG, he would make a choice and not punish mistakes? I think we have to hold strong with the boy, it will build his confidence

Forevergiggs

Wouldn't mind seeing us give Fulham a good old United thrashing. It has been a while.

I would play:

Lindegaard
Rafael Evans Smalling Buttner
Carrick Anderson
Nani Rooney Welbeck
Hernandez​

Bench: DeGea, Jones, Rio, Scholes, Giggs, Valencia, RVP