Kick-off
Tue, 3 October 2023 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

lex talionis

I have no idea what Gala have in their locker, but given our dire form we may need some luck from Lucky McLuckerson.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
    If I was picking, probably go with:

Onana
    Dalot - Varane - Maguire - Lindelof (eek)
    Casemiro - Amrabat
    Mount - Bruno - Garnacho
    Hojlund

Defence is frightening but need to actually get a look at the Casemiro/Amrabat midfield without having to worry about getting caught out at left back. Also need to see whether Mount and Bruno can fit in together in this system. Garnacho gets a chance because Rashford has been bad. Hojlund needs games and a goal.

Am more or less expecting the same team as the Palace game, though, with Antony in for Pellistri.

FerociousCorgis

no idea what we will see lineup wise. Would be a huge call to drop either rashford or bruno. Would like to see it though ive consistently said neither really fit into a non counter attacking team. Id be more willing to see bruno stay in lineup than rashford on current form i guess. Amrabat at LB needs to be over. Reminds me of the wout at the 10 role or whatever. For one brief game you thought well maybe this might work, then it became super obvious just.....no. Need to see the same here. Want to see hannibal get a shot again and bring some energy as well. Pass and move gents lets keep the ball moving and under our control.

Oranges038

Just realised Muslera still plays for this lot, seems like he's been playing for them for about 40 years at this stage.

I wonder which of their many former PL players is going to show up and have the game of their life for one night only at OT?

My moneys on that shitebag Davinson Sanchez turning into prime Maldini for 90 mins.

LARulz

The Gala squad isn't actually that bad at all in my opinion. Will be a tough game

But then again, we'd make a game against Wingate and Finchley look difficult

nemanja15

Amrabat shouldn't be starting at LB after his horror show there vs Palace. Also think Lindelof would be a better option vs (potentially) Zaha than Dalot. Give Casemiro a break and allow Amrabat to play in his best position, while Mount shouldn't be playing three games in a week post-hamstring strain too. Would think Antony comes straight back in. I'd go:

Onana

Lindelof
    Varane
    Maguire
    Dalot

Amrabat
    Eriksen
    Fernandes

Antony
    Hojlund
    Rashford

SUBS: Bayindir, Evans, Casemiro, Mount, McTominay, Hannibal, Pellistri, Garnacho, Martial.

Red Rash

If I was picking, probably go with:

Onana
    Dalot - Varane - Maguire - Lindelof (eek)
    Casemiro - Amrabat
    Mount - Bruno - Garnacho
    Hojlund

Defence is frightening but need to actually get a look at the Casemiro/Amrabat midfield without having to worry about getting caught out at left back. Also need to see whether Mount and Bruno can fit in together in this system. Garnacho gets a chance because Rashford has been bad. Hojlund needs games and a goal.

Am more or less expecting the same team as the Palace game, though, with Antony in for Pellistri.
    Surely Dalot LB and Lindelof RB makes more sense?

Ubik

Surely Dalot LB and Lindelof RB makes more sense?
    Maybe, but to me Dalot is better on the right than left and I'd rather maintain that outlet, rather than have both sides be compromised. If Bruno/Mount are playing on the right too, means he's available on the overlap if they drift inside.

OrcaFat

Europa is our best chance of making the CL next year.
    Not really. It will be easier for us to finish in the top four than to win a tough cup competition. We can lose to anyone quite easily in a one-off game but there’s still hope we can pick up enough points to make 4th in the league at least.

FerociousCorgis

Not really. It will be easier for us to finish in the top four than to win a tough cup competition. We can lose to anyone quite easily in a one-off game but there’s still hope we can pick up enough points to make 4th in the league at least.
    isnt it top 5 essentially this year makes UCL? Thought that was the case

Blood Mage

Onana
    Lindelof - Varane - Evans - Dalot
    Casemiro - Amrabat
    Bruno - Hannibal - Garnacho
    Hojlund​

Will be much slower paced than any other game we've played so far this season so I think we'll win.

OrcaFat

Can’t wait for this game. Think it’s going to be great. We need to win so I think we’ll see a “safe” line up. I’m guessing Amrabat will continue at LB.

Onana
    Dalot Varane Vic Amrabat
    Case
    Bruno Mount
    Rashford Hojlund Garnacho

That’s what I think we’ll see. I’d prefer to get Hannibal in there, give Mount a rest.

daveskimufc

Any chance of a return for Shaw or reguillon?
    I'd also prefer giving Fernandez a start at LB so Amrabat can play central with casemiro

USREDEVIL

I'd throw Bayindir in for Onana. Just want to see what our other new goalie has. :nervous:

I know some of you will be like "Oh my God that will kill Onana's confidence. He'll probably hang up his gloves, hide in a cave and count the days until he's dead."
    But I think he can handle a bit of pressure.

Ubik

I'd also prefer giving Fernandez a start at LB so Amrabat can play central with casemiro
    Both still injured, Fernandez is on loan.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Shaw probably out til December or January. Reguilon til the international break. Malacia til November or December I think. Fernandez on loan so January at earliest.

Doracle

He’s on loan at Granada (assuming we don’t have another Fernandez who is a left back), so that seems unlikely.

Ubik

we need an injury list and expected return date sticky.
    hard to keep track of all this
    Not a bad idea! This twitter account seems to know what's going on (called stuff like Wan-Bissaka's injury and Martinez's recurrence before they were public) - https://twitter.com/YO_INSIDERUTD - they've stopped posting updates on match days but occasionally do general ones.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
    Have looked at Gala team, :D they are better than palace for sure. Either we change shape or we will lose.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    Might as well drop CL. We're not gonna win. Should focus on EPL to get top 5.
    That’s the wrong spirit. We should easily be getting out of the group and giving us all knockout games to look forward to. Yes we won’t win it but it will show progression when we’re playing tougher teams.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
    Two hopes for tomorrow.
    1. Someone at full back on both sides who actually operates as a full back and not a roaming midfielder.
    2. Antony, Mount or Bruno on the right wing.
    C’mon, let’s turn up and have a good win tomorrow. Not ready for a season of misery.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    Europa is our best chance of making the CL next year.
    EL is one of the most difficult trophies to win.
    If you believe we can easily win the EL (to gain access to the CL), I'm not sure if you have watched us play in the EL over the past few years.
    As we've seen in the last few years, it is FAR easier to get top 4 in the EPL, than win the EL.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    That’s the wrong spirit. We should easily be getting out of the group and giving us all knockout games to look forward to. Yes we won’t win it but it will show progression when we’re playing tougher teams.
    Agreed 100%.
    We should not be throwing in the towel.

RuudTom83

isnt it top 5 essentially this year makes UCL? Thought that was the case
    It would be very United to finish bottom of the CL group, in doing so not collect enough points for the extra awarded place in next years competition…and finish 5th in the league haha.

*If that is how the extra place is decided.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Rasmus Hojlund image Rasmus Hojlund 94% of 279 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 308 ratings.

Score Predictions