Sat, 3 February 2018 @ 3:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
    In truth, he didn't blame neither himself nor the team, more circumstances, in his statements after the game. Although, dropping Pogba would be such a statement.
    I hope whatever decision he makes turns out to be the right one. We need a win today, it's crucial.

AshRK

Big defender of Jose but ffs use some common sense. Dropping Pogba doesn't make any sense when we don't have any proper replacement. Hate when Jose presses his self destruct button.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
    Can see a 2-0 win today. Nothing spectacular though.

Ss3bba

Hope for a surprise in our lineup to annoy cafe residents before romping to a 4-0 victory with a brace from Sánchez

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Big defender of Jose but ffs use some common sense. Dropping Pogba doesn't make any sense when we don't have any proper replacement. Hate when Jose presses his self destruct button.
    Sure we do. With Sanchez in, we have a very good attacking matter what. Mata adds more control. Mctominay is average but can play the role of a midfield 2 probably better from a positional standpoint then Pogba can. So mctominay-matic being more solid and then Mata, lingard, Sanchez and lukaku in attack.... probably far more balanced then the team vs Spurs. And it sends a message by dropping pogba who didn't work hard vs spurs and has way too many games where he looks like a child instead of the world class player he should be.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
    You would hate it if Jose pressed that SD button? Makes it sound less routine. :)

HankHill

Supports
    Ewe Night Tid.
    I forgot to submit my lineup for this game but I think we'll see Martial back on the left with Sanchez behind Lukaku.

The 4-2-3-1 would be appropriate for this one.

I wonder if there is a small chance of Pogba being dropped for this, considering the dressing-down Mourinho gave him on the touchline in midweek.

EDIT - Just seen the Pogba rumours, I'm so out of the loop.

AltiUn

Sure we do. With Sanchez in, we have a very good attacking matter what. Mata adds more control. Mctominay is average but can play the role of a midfield 2 probably better from a positional standpoint then Pogba can. So mctominay-matic being more solid and then Mata, lingard, Sanchez and lukaku in attack.... probably far more balanced then the team vs Spurs. And it sends a message by dropping pogba who didn't work hard vs spurs and has way too many games where he looks like a child instead of the world class player he should be.
    We have no link between midfield and attack when Pogba doesn't play, there's no way that team is more balanced than the team v Spurs. Mata's way past it, Matic can look fairly lost without Pogba next to him and I quite like McTominay but he's been a bag of nerves at times.

I agree with sending a message but if that message backfires and we lose points because of it questions need to seriously be asked.

Canagel

We shouldn't really be surprised if Pogba's dropped given Mourinho's comments yesterday about conceding the title to Man City. With that in mind perhaps he wants to experiment and try different things. If we were still in with a chance of winning the title then no way would Pogba be dropped.

AngliaRed

We shouldn't really be surprised if Pogba's dropped given Mourinho's comments yesterday about conceding the title to Man City. With that in mind perhaps he wants to experiment and try different things. If we were still in with a chance of winning the title then no way would Pogba be dropped.
    Top 4 isn’t guaranteed yet mate.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
    He also said we need to finish second, we won't do that experimenting.

Hephaestus

If we're going to change system to see what happens, I'd much rather change to a 4-3-3 with Pogba as the main creative option through the centre and Sanchez on the right.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    We have no link between midfield and attack when Pogba doesn't play, there's no way that team is more balanced than the team v Spurs. Mata's way past it, Matic can look fairly lost without Pogba next to him and I quite like McTominay but he's been a bag of nerves at times.

I agree with sending a message but if that message backfires and we lose points because of it questions need to seriously be asked.
    Of course it's a risk when you drop players, but in terms of splitting between offence/defence balance... this one is better. Sanchez being there does a lot more for us then you are giving credit for IMO. We'll be fine.

AltiUn

Of course it's a risk when you drop players, but in terms of splitting between offence/defence balance... this one is better. Sanchez being there does a lot more for us then you are giving credit for IMO. We'll be fine.
    I hope you're right.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
    Should fecking try playing Pogba in a proper midfield 3 for once instead of dropping him.

el3mel

So it's true!

I really hope this decision won't backfire against us, because I can see a draw here now.

Raw

Also Sanchez on the left. Feck me please don't tell me we're dropping Martial for him now.

Santos J

Should fecking try playing Pogba in a proper midfield 3 for once instead of dropping him.
    Yep dunno how many times we try playing him in a midfield 2 vs a big team before Mourinho realizes it doesn't work. We'll still probably win but it's a terrible decision, we've already seen this season how shite we are without him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 477 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Huddersfield win
  • Draw