Manchester United vs Hull City (06.05.2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
VS

English Premier League
Tuesday, 6 May
@ Old Trafford
1945 Hrs GMT
Form Guide

Manchester United : LWWLWL
Hull City : LWWLDL
Last 5 Head to Head Meetings

Hull City 2 : 3 Manchester United
Manchester United
4 : 0 Hull City
Hull City
1 : 3 Manchester United
Hull City 0 : 1 Manchester United
Manchester United
4 : 3 Hull City

Last edited:

Gerald G

De Gea
Jones--Smalling--Evans--Evra
Carrick/Fellaini--Cleverley
Valencia/Januzaj--Mata--Kagawa
Welbeck

binary bot
I'd play the kids/players most likely to be here long term

Mister_Stubbs

Last home game of the season, a much better performance is needed to sign off what's been a terrible season. I'd like to see the likes of James Wilson get a run out.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Last home game of the season, a much better performance is needed to sign off what's been a terrible season. I'd like to see the likes of James Wilson get a run out.
He probably won't. U21 final coming up and Giggs will play his mates again

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
De Gea
Valencia - Smailling - Evans - Evra
Jones
Mata - Kagawa
Januzaj - Van Persie- Welbeck​

Subs: Lindergaard, Ferdinand, Young, Cleverley, Carrick, Nani, Hernandez

Just attack and give our fans a showcase of some of our technical gifted players. Jones or Evans to anchor. Evans looks more like a footballer, so he might be a good holding midfielder

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
After the press conference, Evans out for the season and Rafa probably not fit to start this game, hopefully we see this:

De gea
Jones Smalling Vidic Evra
Carrick
Valencia Kagawa Mata Januzaj
Van Persie
Hopefully. Would be brilliant IMO, even Welbeck in for Januzaj maybe. Kagawa, Mata and Carrick as a midfield trio, Kagawa the deeper player of him and Mata, and linking the play together. If RVP isn't fit to start yet then start Welbeck, and sub RVP on later or start him on the weekend.

Last edited:

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Basically he'll play people who didn't play today and his buddies, so:

------------DDG
Rafael - Rio - Vidic - Evra
Val - Carrick - Cleverley - Januzaj
--------Welbeck - RvP

JSMHE

De Gea
Jones Smalling Evans Evra
Carrick Cleverley
Januzaj Mata/Kagawa Welbeck
Van Persie​

I'm looking for a future. So I would like to see Welbeck on the left, Januzaj on the right. And Smalling with Evans paired. And one more chance for Cleverley.

Yes I know Carrick. He didn't do that well yesterday. But he's our best centre midfield at the moment. Carrick-Cleverley worked well against Norwich. So let's try it again.

Start Mata or Kagawa. One of them. May be both of them though I wanna see more pace this time. Against Sunderland was too slow until Welbeck and Januzaj came bring more pace and energy.

If we play with this team without Young and Nani. then I'll say 4-1.

RVP (2) and Welbeck (2).

JSMHE

I think most likely Valencia will start. But I expect Welbeck and Januzaj on the wing for preparing our next season.

|Neo|x

De Gea​
Smalling Rio Evans Evra
Jones Carrick​
Valencia Mata Kagawa
Van Persie​

Devil may care

I hope Giggs picks himself is this indeed is his last season, we aren't playing for anything and Giggs walking out as player-manager should lift everyone.

De Gea

Smalling
Vidic
Evans
Evra

Valencia
Giggs
Jones
Januzaj

Mata
Welbeck

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Its the last home game of the season, almost all the older players will play, even Giggs. Could be the last home game for Rio, Vidic, Evra, Giggs and whoever else might leave in the summer.

De Gea
Jones Ferdinand Vidic Evra
Carrick Fellaini
Valencia Kagawa Giggs
RvP​

pauldyson1uk

After the Sunderland match, to be honest I dont care what happens for the rest of the season.
Looking forward to the World Cup now, hoping for some cracking matches, not expecting England to do anything but hey its the World Cup.

kps88

Guess Giggs is going to give the end of season speech. Will be an odd atmosphere at the end.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Is this on tele in the UK?

United22

Couldn't give less of a shit with this after that dreadful result at Sunderland. If our cowardly players couldn't rise for the occasion under Giggs vs a relegation zone team then we really are fecked

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
De Gea
Jones---Smalling---Evans---Evra
Valencia---Carrick---Giggs
Mata---Kagawa
RVP
The central-midfield was so static and laboured in the Sunderland game, it's time to deploy our oldest player in the engine room :lol: :rolleyes:

khoazany

Amos
Varela - M.Keane - Jones - James
Pearson - Rothwell
Januzaj - Pereira - Lawrence
Wilson

F*ck the seniors.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Last game of the season. FINALLY !!!!!!

Should be a massive occasion to thanks big players like Vida, and maybe Rio, Evra and Giggsy also. It would be difficult to not play them all so the occasion will dictate the line up. We will probably loose the game, we're so poor this time.

-----------------------------De Gea------------------------------
Jones------------------Rio-------------Vidic------------------Evra
Valencia---------------Fellaini--------Cleverley-------------Januzaj
------------------------------Mata-------------------------------
-----------------------------Welbeck-----------------------------

Suli

"Do you get parents evening at uni?"
I hope we go all out attack. We can't play our youth players as they have a final to look forward to so I guess it'll be appearances from those who didn't play on Saturday such as Fellaini and Kagawa. Giggs should probably sub himself on and try and nick a goal but it all depends on the situation at that time.
Last game of the season. FINALLY !!!!!!

Should be a massive occasion to thanks big players like Vida, and maybe Rio, Evra and Giggsy also. It would be difficult to not play them all so the occasion will dictate the line up. We will probably loose the game, we're so poor this time.

-----------------------------De Gea------------------------------
Jones------------------Rio-------------Vidic------------------Evra
Valencia---------------Fellaini--------Cleverley-------------Januzaj
------------------------------Mata-------------------------------
-----------------------------Welbeck-----------------------------
Last home game!

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
I hope we go all out attack. We can't play our youth players as they have a final to look forward to so I guess it'll be appearances from those who didn't play on Saturday such as Fellaini and Kagawa. Giggs should probably sub himself on and try and nick a goal but it all depends on the situation at that time.

Last home game!
I meant that yes sorry

It was such a terrible season that I hoped it was the last one

Plugsy

Giggs should start up front. I'm serious, why the hell not? Sub himself in the 89th minute for the applause.

NJM78

I'd like to say this will be a fine win and display to give us fans something to cheer about. BUT Giggs so far seems to want to give everyone a game and that doesn't bode well for our 50th different starting line up this season!
Hull are no mugs and have a very good ball playing midfielder in Huddlestone. Cleverley, Carrick and Fletcher have looked god awful in last two games and considering all we can add to the equation is Fellaini it does not bode well. Maybe Giggs will play himself, hopefully.

My team which would never ever involve Gashley Young or Tom Cleverley is;

-------De Gea
Jones Smalling Vidic Evra
----Carrick Giggs
Valencia Kagawa Mata
---------RvP

nervous, edgy 2-1 win. Surely we cannot lose again.

ricky-romeo

----------------de gea-------------------
jones----ferdinand------vidic--------evra
valencia---carrick-----cleverley-----giggs
------------------mata-----------------
---------------van persie---------------

possibly last home game for giggsy, rio, vidic, and maybe even evra.
giggs to sub himself after an hour for januzaj.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Its not like we are getting into Europe anymore. So might as well experiment with Wilson and some other kids. Out of the experienced players, play only the ones who might be leaving.

Ashwin

Snake charmer in the land of RattleSnakes.
I get all of your sentiment about giving the kids a game at home but I don't really see that happening. I think the sentiment associated with finishing the season off with a win is slightly greater than giving game time for the kids (SAF didn't play Januzaj last time around)
I'd like to see the strongest possible team for this game with us hopefully winning it.

Wayne's World

Hopefully Kagawa, Mata and Janauzj start together again, we look our best in our play when the three of them play together

Please no Young or Nani, both not even good enough for my local side nevermind us :mad:

Annahnomoss

I am torn here, either Giggs hated the loss so much last game he will learn his lessons or he will go with the old guard out of sentiment. So either another comfortable win or shock-draw/loss.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Mark Ogden reckons it'll be jones partnering vidic, so rio could've played his last game at OT.

Gerald G

De Gea
Rafael--Smalling--Jones--Evra
Carrick--Cleverley
Kagawa--Mata--Januzaj
Welbeck

Brightonian

Just please give Wilson a run out.
As someone's already mentioned in this thread, he's being kept as fit as possible for the U21 final against Chelsea. He's already playing through injury problems, so it would make no sense to add to his load. The U21 final is obviously a much more important outing for him than twenty minutes in a meaningless end of season dead rubber.

Hope Giggs learnt his lesson against Sunderland. No Nani or Young, please. At least one of Kagawa and Januzaj, hopefully both. And a much better attitude from everyone on the pitch.

You get to sleepwalk your way through dead rubbers when you've actually done something with your season. After a clusterfeck like this season, every last game should be an opportunity to prove we can do better, and if Giggs wants a career in management he's going to have to show that he can get that message across.

Gerald G

As someone's already mentioned in this thread, he's being kept as fit as possible for the U21 final against Chelsea. He's already playing through injury problems, so it would make no sense to add to his load. The U21 final is obviously a much more important outing for him than twenty minutes in a meaningless end of season dead rubber.

Hope Giggs learnt his lesson against Sunderland. No Nani or Young, please. At least one of Kagawa and Januzaj, hopefully both. And a much better attitude from everyone on the pitch.

You get to sleepwalk your way through dead rubbers when you've actually done something with your season. After a clusterfeck like this season, every last game should be an opportunity to prove we can do better, and if Giggs wants a career in management he's going to have to show that he can get that message across.
Agree. Wilson has been playing through injury problems, it would be stupid to play him now. It's our last home game of the season, hopefully we see a comfortable victory.

Tarrou

It's a bit weird that it could be Giggs last game at OT tomorrow but we don't know yet. Surely if he was calling it a day he'd have said by now? Or has he kept quiet because of everything else going on?

Would love to see him grab a goal tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.