ROONEY RVP

(OR)

4-3-2-1

DDG
    VALENCIA CARRICK SMALLING ROJO
    YOUNG FELLAINI DIMARIA
    ROONEY MATA
    RVP

Yeah, wasn't expecting Rojo in and for some reason I didn't put Valencia in when I could have sworn I did.

I actually had Rojo and Young picked in the wing back formation but thought 'maybe van Gaal will switch back to 4 for a home game.' Costly error.

Fletcher beign on the bench again tells me he has no intention once again of bringing Herrera on.

Why would he play Di Maria in a midfield two and Carrick in defense when we have two fit CBs? Hopefully is four at the back.
    Pretty confident that that's not what's going to happen. Some people are just guessing incorrectly.

I just think that after this weeks "sort of" warning to RVP, he's giving him one more chance to start pulling his finger out....

I agree. Clearly a psychological tactic to light a fire under RvP, who knows he will almost certainly be benched if he underperforms.

Don't like that line-up today to be honest.

McNair should be starting, Rooney should be up top (he is a striker lest we forget) with Mata as the 10, midfield of Carrick, Herrera and ADM, RvP on the bench.

People love a moan don't they?

Hoping 4 at the back, Mata and AdM on the wings with Carrick and Fellaini in the middle.

McNair should be starting, Rooney should be up top (he is a striker you know) with Mata as the 10, midfield of Carrick, Herrera and ADM.
    Rooney might be a striker and mata as the 10 anyways,as it seems a 3-5-2. McNair has done well but we also have a game midweek and he's only a youngster.

McNair should be starting, Rooney should be up top (he is a striker lest we forget) with Mata as the 10, midfield of Carrick, Herrera and ADM, RvP on the bench..

He will probably play midweek instead.

de Gea

Valencia - Smalling - Rojo - Young

Carrick

Fellaini - di Maria

Mata

van Persie - Rooney
    It's basically a 4-4-2 diamond although Carrick will act as a third centre back at times.

Worried about lack of proper central midfielders if we play 3-5-2.

Fletcher beign on the bench again tells me he has no intention once again of bringing Herrera on.
    Fletcher shouldn't be playing, just seen the Arsenal goal again from last week and the ball to Giroud, Fletcher just let the player do it, no challenge at all.

Any odds for which Hill player will have the game of their life today?

An the award for biggest game raising bastard and winner of the Manchester United Cup goes too...
    Probably Clint, although I doubt he'll be so good that it will have an effect on our game.

People love a moan don't they?

Hoping 4 at the back, Mata and AdM on the wings with Carrick and Fellaini in the middle.

And you love moaning about people moaning, don't you ? ;)

I'd prefer it to be:
    De Gea
    Valencia - Smalling - Rojo - Young
    Carrick
    Di Maria - Fellaini - Rooney - Mata
    Van Persie

Although I would have put McNair/Blackett in for Young, meaning Rojo would move to left back.

DIAMOND

DDG
    VALENCIA SMALLING CARRICK ROJO
    FELLAINI
    YOUNG DIMARIA
    MATA
    ROONEY RVP

(OR)

4-3-2-1

DDG
    VALENCIA CARRICK SMALLING ROJO
    YOUNG FELLAINI DIMARIA
    ROONEY MATA
    RVP

More likley Ashley Young at LB and Carrick in midfield.

Happy with the lineup. Good to see Mata starting and hope it's a diamond. Don't need Di Maria or Mata wide with Valencia and Young playing. They're obviously full backs today but Carrick and Fellaini can cover them when they go forward. I think we'll score 3 minimum

Rooney might be a striker and mata as the 10 anyways,as it seems a 3-5-2. McNair has done well but we also have a game midweek and he's only a youngster.

He will probably play midweek instead.

Completely forgot we're playing again in a few days (yay!), but still, this line up makes me a little nervy - particularly Rojo over McNair and starting RvP again (potentially playing with 10 men if he's missing again)...

Hopefully I'm wrong.

It's an attacking team from an attacking manager with an attacking philosophy, goals galore.

Fellaini? Carrick?

Also Di maria has been at his best for us in CM.
    If we play 352 then Carrick is playing as a CB, leaving Fellaini alone. ADM is a quality CM though, and hopefully we'll need to do very little defending today...

I am frothing at the seams with Falcao being back.. feck I'm excited to see him play.. can't wait til hes fully fit

I'm going to have to be that guy and ask for a decent link (preferably one you've got up an running and sure is working for now)..

Thanks in advance

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 479 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Hull City win