Fellaini Pogba
    Rashford Lukaku Martial
    I would like to see
    de Gea
    Young (c) Smalling Bailly Shaw
    Herrera
    Fred Pogba
    Sanchez Martial Rashford
    Harsh on Mata, I know, but I think 4-3-3 is the way to go here. Mata should strictly only play as a #10, he's not a right winger. Matic & Lukaku could do with a spell out of the starting eleven. They have both been poor for a while & really shouldn't be undroppable.

klsv

Jose saying in the presser that Sanchez is not fit.

edit: added that the players involved in the Chelsea match are available, so no Fellaini.

tomaldinho1

I think we'll go

de Gea
    Young (c) Smalling Lindelof Shaw
    Matic
    Fellaini Pogba
    Rashford Lukaku Martial
    I would like to see
    de Gea
    Herrera
    Fred Pogba
    Sanchez Martial Rashford
    Harsh on Mata, I know, but I think 4-3-3 is the way to go here. Mata should strictly only play as a #10, he's not a right winger. Matic & Lukaku could do with a spell out of the starting eleven. They have both been poor for a while & really shouldn't be undroppable.
    I agree with this - it's probably my biggest critique of Mourinho's time here in that you really feel some players are undroppable regardless of form. Lukaku is well overdue a stint on the bench, Matic as well. The latter would be great to bring on in the event we go ahead because he is great in possession, when we are compact but very poor if we're chasing the game and leaving space for counters given how slow he is.

Would like us to throw in a bit of a wildcard formation and go for an attacking setup. Juve are used to playing against very compact teams in Serie A and will break us down easily if we try to just sit in and counter - might as well have a go at them at home and trust in the players we have bought. Most people expect us to lose so why not attack and make a game of it.

------------------------- DDG ---------------------
    Dalot-------- Smalling ------ Lindeloff ---- Shaw
    ------------------- Pogba --- Fred ---------------
    ------------------------ Mata ---------------------
    Lingard ------------ Rashford ----------- Martial

klsv

Bits from the presser from Reddit

Jose : "Alexis Sanchez is not fit. Nothing to hide. The players you saw are the ones who are available."

Jose on Real Madrid situation : "I am happy to stay here after the very last day of my contract and longer than that.All I'm thinking about is Manchester United. "

Jose on Cristiano Ronaldo : "I thought Cristiano is in a level where he doesn't need questions and answers. He's one of the best players of all time and nobody can say differently."

Jose is asked a question in Portuguese. Stopped by media person, who said English or Italian: "Last time I spoke in Portuguese I got into trouble"

Jose on Juventus clash : "United's form was shown in the past two matches, the way we want to play and the way we can play."

Jose on Valencia absence : "Reason was he was 10 days without training. A problem that he had very complicated surgery on his mouth. Needed time to recover."

Jose on Chelsea result : "Against Chelsea everybody was happy with the collective performance but nobody was happy with the result. The players have to get the best out of those feelings."

Jose on Pogba development : "I don't like this press conference. No. I don't want to speak about Pogba, I don't want to speak about individuals. I don't want to speak to Spanish journalists only interested in Real Madrid."

Jose on the Chelsea fallout : "I'm serious, I want to thank Sarri for his honesty. I want to thank Chelsea for their honest too, but I'm not happy that it's going too far with the young boy. He doesn't deserve that. I accepted his apologies. I don't think he deserves to be sacked. I hope everybody doesn't disturb the career of a young guy that is probably a great guy. End of story with me. Let the boy work. Everybody makes mistakes, I made lots of mistakes."

Jose on Martial form : "That's individual but I think Martial is like the team. The team is playing fine and Martial is playing fine. Anthony has been involved in two matches where the team has scored 5 goals."

Jose on Juventus being favourites to win the CL : "Bonucci, they have Cancelo and they have Can and there are other important additions. Juventus have a lot to offer and an extra year experience with the same coach and structure. They now have a special player who makes a difference. They are more than contenders to win the Champions League in my opinion."

Walters_19_MuFc

I think we'll go

de Gea
    Young (c) Smalling Lindelof Shaw
    Matic
    Fellaini Pogba
    Rashford Lukaku Martial
    I would like to see
    de Gea
    Herrera
    Fred Pogba
    Sanchez Martial Rashford
    Do you not think we defend better in a 4231, where it becomes two banks of four off the ball, which to me, makes us harder to break down?

Last season, we used this against Chelsea and Liverpool and looked solid as a unit.

RedDevil@84

Great. I don't understand the need to ask about Real Madrid. He left long ago.

And great point about the Chelsea 2nd goal fallout. This is the 2nd time he has said, he was immature like that when he was younger and he thinks it is ok and wants to move on.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
    Mandzukic out.

roseguy64

Judging from a Man Utd article it seems that Sanchez, Dalot, Jones, Fellaini, Lingard and McTominay are out. Anyone who didn't train today is not being considered.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    With sanchez out and I saw doubts for fellaini and lindelof, thinking we'll see...

De gea
    Young Smalling Bailly Shaw
    Fred Matic Pogba
    Rashford/Mata Lukaku Martial​

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
    Scout

Mandzukic out with Ankle injury.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
    Supports
    Sporting CP
    Mandzukic is a big miss for Juventus, they'll have to change the way their attack works

Darkhorsez

Thanks for posting this. I really like maturity of his responses. I never miss our matches mostly due to planning and luck. I will miss the first half. Hoping there are no goals and we can have a big second half!

Devil may care

Jose on the Chelsea fallout : "I'm serious, I want to thank Sarri for his honesty. I want to thank Chelsea for their honest too, but I'm not happy that it's going too far with the young boy. He doesn't deserve that. I accepted his apologies. I don't think he deserves to be sacked. I hope everybody doesn't disturb the career of a young guy that is probably a great guy. End of story with me. Let the boy work. Everybody makes mistakes, I made lots of mistakes."
    I like this.

Treble

Mandzukic is a big miss for Juventus, they'll have to change the way their attack works
    Would you enlighten us a bit more about why he is so important?

Personally, I think D. Costa is quite quick and dangerous. Who will replace Mandzukic?

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
    Supports
    Sporting CP
    Would you enlighten us a bit more about why he is so important?

Personally, I think D. Costa is quite quick and dangerous. Who will replace Mandzukic?
    It means they'll probably go with Ronaldo upfront and I'm guessing Dybala and Bernardeschi behind him which is very different than having Ronaldo-Mandzukic upfront. They're going to be more mobile, have more players in midfield and be less of a threat in the air.

Douglas Costa came back from that big suspension and he played very badly against Genoa, he's a better option off the bench against tired legs.

Treble

It means they'll probably go with Ronaldo upfront and I'm guessing Dybala and Bernadeschi behind him which is very different than having Ronaldo-Mandzukic upfront. They're going to be more mobile, have more players in midfield and be less of a threat in the air.

Douglas Costa came back from that big suspension and he played very badly against Genoa, he's a better option off the bench against tired legs.
    OK, thanks.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
    Scout
    I really don't want to see Jones going up for a header against Ronaldo. He couldn't win a duel against a toddler.
    Don't want him to be injured but don't want him to play. It's a safe bet that he is injured though.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
    I really don't want to see Jones going up for a header against Ronaldo. He couldn't win a duel against a toddler.
    Don't want him to be injured but don't want him to play. It's a safe bet that he is injured though.
    He did look after Ronaldo really well in the Bernabeu in the 2013 first leg; but that was when he was still expected to become Duncan Edwards.

Broad Street Bullies

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
    When's his contract up anyway? Surely we won't be that daft to renew it although nothing surprises me anymore.

el3mel

If both Lingard and Sanchez are out we'll have only 4 forwards available for this. Can't see us beginning with all of them and have our only offensive option being someone like Periera.

One of Mata or Rashford will be dropped for Herrera or Fred.

AaronRedDevil

I'm going to This match. It's the first Champions league match Iv gone to. Chance to see Juve, Ronaldo and United. 3 birds 1 stone. Can't wait.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 390 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Juventus win
  • Draw